December 17, 2017, 03:55:11 AM

Author Topic: Revolution 120 Roleplay Feedback  (Read 609 times)

Entragian

• Project: SCAR
    • View Profile
Revolution 120 Roleplay Feedback
« on: November 12, 2013, 08:51:57 PM »
Finally got caught up on some RPs so I figured I'd start this thread for us.

This line from Valentine's 1st where he's being interviewed by Abigail Chase literally made my day. XD

"While you enjoy two-fingers and a Ryan Gosling movie, some of us enjoy a good brutal fuck."

lolol

Saint

• Root for the Bad Guy
  • X-REGISTERED
    • View Profile
    • eWScene
Re: Revolution 120 Roleplay Feedback
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2013, 03:19:13 PM »
I'm liking what I see out of the Reverend.  He went to the sermon on jealousy.  I think the second out of these two will be huge.  Laura fired a great shot, but it hit the Reverend's thick bible.  And he fired back...

This may turn out a show stealer.

G

• G Money Nicholson Jr.
  • SHOOT Project Soldiers
  • I don't hate Tim on Tuesdays or Thursdays
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2013, 01:14:32 PM »
A lot of Reverend love being thrown around, and it's making me very happy. Love the Jerry Matthews character. "Character" is the correct word here, I think. It feels like "The Evangelist" is an actual character, more so than just Jerry being a religious dude that uses bible quotes. Very few "characters" in SHOOT Project feel anything more than just a person who was given a gimmick, Jerry feels like the gimmick begat from him.

In saying that, there is nothing wrong with what I was saying. Isaac is the same way as Jerry, I think. The gimmick became Isaac, not the otherway around. Maybe it's just the fact that they're so different than the norm in SHOOT Project, but anything these guys do, I just eat up. Same with Maya and Kenji.

A lot of good character development so far, and strong beginnings of storylines. I'm digging what's going on with Corey Lazarus. I like the eye patch thing. Face Lazarus is awesome. The cycle with Rich just coming back to SHOOT Project and requesting the match, everything looks good. If there's something I could say to Rich it's that the dialogue in the CD feels forced and unnatural, but I like where the story is going.

Will and Sam used interviews pretty awesomely this week. I'm a sucker for the story being interlaced inside the promo, and the questions that Sam asked Valentine were actually hard hitting and got to the bottom of the character. Sam does a great job with having Valentine come out; I'd throw Lionheart in that "Gimmick begat from the Character" group.

I think that Kenji's use of Flay is a very, very good tool to show just were Kenji is in the Project: SCAR storyline, but for some reason the RPs felt manic and rushed. Kenji's always been sort of a mercenary for hire, even in The Family, it felt. The including of things Isaac could be doing to her, and the fact that she could be liking it, I felt some sympathy for Kenji for the first time in a long time, but that also has to do with where everything with SCAR has gone.

Mephisto had very little character development in his RP but I don't think that'll keep him back. I remember when Tim came back and his RPs lacked... oomph. He's definitely getting his oomph with Mephisto and has for a while now. It's just strange to look back at what he had posted before and where he is now and how much different and better it is.

And Mirage's RP was a hell of a storyline pusher, I thought. I don't know, not much of it was about the match itself at all - I don't think TMB was even spoken about until the last line of dialogue, but it did a fantastic job of pushing the storyline he's got Mirage into, and sometimes that's all that matters and that's fine.

Good showing so far, Germs.

Support SHOOT Project by visiting our eWtorch database posting here:

"Will your buddy let you fuck a midget in his bed? If the answer is yes, then you know that dude is solid."
"Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily."

Napoleon Bonaparte

Saint

• Root for the Bad Guy
  • X-REGISTERED
    • View Profile
    • eWScene
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2013, 02:19:24 PM »
It will for a while, G$.  But you get the gist of awkwardness there.