October 20, 2017, 03:30:14 PM

Author Topic: Revolution 120 Feedback  (Read 1104 times)

T

• SHOOT Project Soldiers
    • View Profile
Revolution 120 Feedback
« on: November 25, 2013, 08:04:15 PM »
The Road to Redemption continues on...

Let us know. Sorry for the crazy delay.

Former Sin City Champion (1x)
3/24/2013-9/2/2013

DrezzyF2T

• SHOOT Project Soldiers
  • Life. Deal. Rock.
    • View Profile
Re: Revolution 120 Feedback
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2013, 08:23:18 PM »
Just giving a quickie read through, and I know we talked on BL/BB about how many matches could realistically swing either way, but I'll be damned if there haven't been some upsets thus far.

*"Behind the Scenes" graphic by Sam Valentine
*Corey Lazarus banner by Ben Duke

TheRatingsBoost

• The Scarred Saint, Violent Messiah
  • SHOOT Project Soldiers
    • View Profile
    • The Home Of Jack Nickelz Music
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2013, 09:05:30 PM »
Whoa...I sent a segment in for the Mirage/TMB match? :-\

Former...

T

• SHOOT Project Soldiers
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2013, 09:17:39 PM »
I had a match from Rich and then one from u that i couldn't open. Josh told me to go with Rich's. If it was meant to be a separate seg i can add it in in the morning. The way it was worded was that the seg was supposed to be in place of the match. Everyone needs to communicate when doing these things.

Former Sin City Champion (1x)
3/24/2013-9/2/2013

TheRatingsBoost

• The Scarred Saint, Violent Messiah
  • SHOOT Project Soldiers
    • View Profile
    • The Home Of Jack Nickelz Music
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2013, 09:56:03 PM »
yeah it was supposed to be. I mentioned that in the e mail when I sent it in

Former...

DrezzyF2T

• SHOOT Project Soldiers
  • Life. Deal. Rock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2013, 03:31:20 PM »
The Jester Smiles promo was a little different, and I mean that in a good way.

Really dug Valentine/Kenji and the ME, interested in seeing what comes out of the possible Jester/Mephisto/Laura alliance, and a six-person tag pitting them against King/Maya/Loco makes too much sense to not do it for either 121 or Redemption.

I may be in the minority, but I'm hoping the SCAR issues settle sooner rather than later. Everybody involved is obviously immensely talented, but I'm getting a very Wolfpac/Hollywood vibe, and I'm not sure that's a good thing. I do like how it seems to be everybody turning on Isaac rather than just a clear dividing line, but it's starting to get a bit too Russo-ish for my tastes.

*"Behind the Scenes" graphic by Sam Valentine
*Corey Lazarus banner by Ben Duke

J

• Supreme Commander
  • The Brass
    • View Profile
    • http://www.shootproject.com/
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2013, 04:57:21 PM »
We've been doing this story for over a year now.  There's a plan.

:)

ScottyAdams

• X-REGISTERED
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2013, 03:37:40 AM »
Loved the read

xiv

• B once fired a guy for me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2013, 12:19:54 PM »
SHOOTING WITH SCOOT … or should it be SCOOTING WITH SHOOT?!

Anyway.  I got a belly full of turkey.  Football on the TV.  Lets talk 120. 

Opening match… I give it like eleventy billion stars, and I TOTALLY don't have a reason to be 100% biased on that rating.   On the legit?  I really enjoyed G and Bill's work this week.   The RPs were stellar and then tied in with the strats they sent me gave me a great picture for this match before I sat down to type. 

I'm super stoked to see Rogue/Riley and… uh… other guy … I keed I keed.  I don't think their circus will be the kind with popcorn and cotton candy.

Angel Thorne was brutal. 

I'm trying to put together this code.  We have 2 T's and now 2 O's.  This code is gonna take forever… [whine]BUT I WANT IT NOW![/whine]

Entragian is unhinged.  SCAR is is like sand slipping through his fingers. 

The imagery of Ike's destruction of Deviant followed by the good Reverend taking us to "church" was an interesting dynamic. 

Simple and effective exchange between Maya and Mephisto. 

I enjoyed the hard hitting affair between Kenji and Mephisto. 

I'm glad Jester Smiles is back in a more active wrestling role.  Very excited to see things playing out with Smiles/King. 

3M/TMB  … Mirage walks out and gets jumped by Stein as they continue to get all up in each other's bidness.  3Mirage's actions have me wondering what's going on here.  Stein's trash talk food beat down was good stuff, too.  "Got to eat your veggies so you grow big and strong, Bro" - lol. 

"Matthews stabs Laura with his Crucifix"… would be a headline many of us could misinterpret.  Solid Iron Fist match.  I fantasy booked some commentary in my head when Laura took the flask of holy water:

Announcer:  Shouldn't she be melting… MEEEEEEEEELTING… MMMMMEEEEEELLLLLTING?!

or

Announcer:  Not the first time Laura has been wet.

Announcer 2:  Or IS it?

…  Thank you I'll be here all night!

Jonny wants to kick evil 'the heck' out of SHOOT.  A noble mission from… a… uh…. "NOBLE" guy?  On the plus side we're only eight tenths of a percent away!

Really good big man match between Napalm and Entragian.  Some cool spots and good brawling.  Was a strong showing from JN. 

I like the set up for the stip for the Main Event.  Adds a layer of intrigue.  I think it makes the main event's outcome a little predictable, but the story is interesting.

As the SCAR turns.  Obsidian laying out his plot, and how he still stands with Adrian, and then we see the result of Isaac and Danny's "alone time".  Setting up a big time cage match for next week. 

Main Event was really well done.  Enjoyed the psychology of King worrying about Smiles sticking his nose in, and Mephisto ends up using that to score a dickbaggy win!  Mephisto controlling maya is  a cool story, and then post match we get some fun chaos that (as the bookings state) sets up a killer 6 man tag for this show cycle.

Good stuff.  I think there was a good balance for matches/segments.  Didn't feel as segment heavy as 119.  Lots of good and gripping stories brewing that took a good foothold with this show, imo.   

This was a perfect desert for my leftovers.

SV

• The Artist
  • SHOOT Project Soldiers
  • I hold a mirror against a mirror against a mirror.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2013, 05:50:50 PM »
Roleplayer of the Cycle:
Jerry Matthews. This guy was up against very stiff competition this cycle and he stepped his gear up again. The sky is the limit for him at the moment.

Single best RP of the Cycle:
Entragian. I enjoyed the story with Flay a hell of a lot.

Match of the Cycle (RPs):
Matthews Vs Seton. Some top RPs there.
Jamie Vs Laz. Those two went at it tooth and nail.

Match of the Cycle (Written):
Thorne Vs Al Dente. I got a kick out of this match lol.

Match Writer of the Cycle:
From now on I will take this out of my feedback. All the matches were good and all the writers need props for doing them.

Most Improved:
Napalm really impressed me. He stepped up and even though it was a losing effort there was nothing to be ashamed about. Keep them coming man.

Segment of the Cycle:
Deviant/Isaac. The paranoia level reached new heights, violent new heights. Lucky for me, Valentine and Isaac are on the same page so I don't have to worry about these kind of things. Plus the Contortion Twins now reside within The Desert Rose lol.

Surprise of the Cycle:
Looks up...

Feud of the Cycle:
Mephisto and Maya. The interactions these characters have with each other and with other members of SHOOT throughout the show, along with the Main Event really lead me to believe we are heading for something big.

The SCAR implosion gets a nod here too, because it’s hard to keep a story like this going for as long as these guys have and keep adding new layers and depth to it without it growing stale.

Story of the Cycle:
The ending to the show and the battle lines being drawn the way they were was pretty interesting. Looking to see were this one goes. 

Heel of the Cycle:
Mephisto or Entragian.

Face of the Cycle:
Maya or King.

I can also see Kenji becoming an Anti-Hero in the near future. I got a strong sense of that this time around.

Spot of the Cycle:
Holy Water flask straight to the dome.

Line of the Cycle:
“You know what the saddest part of all this is? It didn't have to be this way between the two of us, it didn't have to end up like this. If you had just owned up to your failures like a MAN and taken some responsibility... I could respect you, Jacob. I could respect you and not look at you with complete disgust, everyone in the Epicenter right now could. But you... You couldn't handle that, so self-centered and desperate... you blamed every one but yourself. You're pathetic, and I relish the chance to see King, first hand, beat the hell out of you. And when he does... who'll you blame then, me, for accepting your invite?”- Maya Nakashima.

Laugh of the Cycle:
Thorne Vs Dente.

Random Props of the Cycle (IC):
Matthews and Napalm continue to impress.
Mephisto becomes more snake like each and every week.
Thorne is coming of like a crazy Psycho and I hope this trend continues.

Random Props of the Cycle (OOC):
I really enjoyed facing Drew and I think we told a decent story between our RPs. One that I hope carried over to the match also.
Everyone for not panicking about the results being so late. In other feds I have been in there would have been either riots or people wondering if the fed was doomed. But not here. That level of mature understanding is something SHOOT should be proud of. Considering we are all immature degenerates.

Negatives:
The only negative I can think of is the lateness of the show. But I already covered that, shit happens and when it does the best thing we can do is knuckle down, offer to help out as much as we can and keep level headed. Plus Tim is one of the most if not THE most dedicated member to a fed I have ever seen, much respect for the guy, who I reckon was more than likely doing his nut about his net issues and worrying what we all thought. So he gets a pass in my book.

Newcomer of the Year 2013.

Entragian

• Project: SCAR
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2013, 07:08:52 PM »
I’m strapped for time so I can’t cover everything, but I’m gonna steal Sam’s feedback format here because it’s been awhile since I’ve dropped any kind of show feedback.

Roleplayer of the Cycle:
Jaime Alejandro-  I really enjoyed Rich’s work this cycle. I feel like the greatest strength of the RPs comes from the on camera portions where Alejandro is speaking directly to his opponent. I know there was some criticism about the Madison/Jaime dialogue seeming awkward and unrealistic, but I think that might stem from the fact that Madison is just a young, snarky teenage girl that that is always quick on the draw with the smartass comments, so I didn’t really get an awkward vibe from the dialogue, I just get the idea that the conversation is very fast-paced and full of witticisms.

Single best RP of the Cycle:
False Neon & The Natural Order (Mephisto)- I loved this roleplay because it felt like Mephisto was really in his element, just a cigar in hand the words slipping from that silver-tongue and carrying serious weight. The symbolism really resonated with me too, this line in particular.

“That’s just like men like you and Maya. Men like the two of you are lights in the darkness. But, just like the strip out there, you’re false. The blazing neon provides the illusion of safety and comfort. But, just because the desert is blanketed in darkness, it doesn’t mean it’s not there. “

I’m loving Jacob’s evolution as a villain because it’s so different compared to other villains in SHOOT Project. There’s this perfect slyness about the character, he’s able to take a positive and spin it into a negative with just a few sentences. He’s crafty, he’s cunning…and he knows how to take all the best shortcuts to his goals.

Match of the Cycle (RPs):
Valentine Lionheart vs Kenji Yamada- I was in heaven reading the roleplays for this match. Literally felt like a dream match to me. Also I really enjoyed the fact that it was so story-driven since both men are involved with the overall SCAR story.

Match of the Cycle (Written):
Angel Thorne vs Al Dente- I know it was a squash, but there was something so satisfying about seeing Angel just punish and embarrass “Noodles.” Plus I love how she just pins Al’s head beneath a chair, takes herself a seat…and proceeds to cut a promo. Everything about that just screams “badass bitch.” Lol.

Match Writer of the Cycle:
Sam- Gotta give this one to Sam because the Valentine/Kenji match was just a wonderful display of carnage. Kenji biting Lionheart’s thigh and Lionheart just laughing was such a creepy moment, and this match had plenty of moments of barbarism like that…kept me interested all the way to the gritty ending.

Most Improved:
Napalm- I really enjoyed working with Aaron this cycle. I’ve been following his storyline for awhile with Selena and the transition from big, angry beast to a family man with a sense of newfound responsibility…and I think he’s doing a great job with it.  He’s making Napalm the type of face that you can easily identify with and WANT to root for.

Segment of the Cycle:
Rogue, Riley, Wailer- I marked like a motherfucker for this segment. It felt like this incredible blending of The Shield and the Wyatt Family with the intimidation factor and the scary as fuck factor mixing together into one.  These three guys as a unit of “scavengers’ that are out to pick the bones of SHOOT Project is a chilling thought….and I have no doubt in my mind that Jeff can do incredible things with this. I was hanging on every line of dialogue from these guys…that’s a testament to how intriguing the characters are.

Surprise of the Cycle:
Corey Lazarus picking up the big win over a returning Alejandro. That’s a major boost for Laz as a character and I feel like he’s got a ton of momentum right now, picking up big wins over Gaunt at the PPV and now Alejandro in the last few weeks.

Feud of the Cycle:
Smiles/King- Jester’s promo where he just speaks and lets all the vitriol come out was a REALLY good way to push this story. I really like how Jester plays himself up as this guy on the fringe of things, a self-proclaimed “D Lister”…it give the character this desperate outsider vibe, like someone capable of doing pretty much anything because he has nothing left to lose.  I think the Crysta/King stuff is a strong basis for this feud to develop on and I’m interested to see where it goes from here.

Story of the Cycle:
Kenji Yamada- It’s no secret that I’m a shameless Drew mark, and I love seeing the character evolve in an entirely new direction…from loathsome monster to tragic antihero who’s fighting for the soul of his daughter. It’s subtle, it’s slow burn…and I can’t get enough of it.

Heel of the Cycle:
Angel Thorne (I’m assuming she’s a heel, I get a decidedly unhinged/chaotic evil vibe from her)
She gets this slot because the character is new and fresh and I’m really enjoying seeing her just fucking BURY people…usually I hate a squash but this character makes a squash something worth seeing because you can never really predict what she’s going to do next.

Face of the Cycle:
Obsidian- I gotta give this to B because with one simple act, Obsidian has won support from the crowd and almost instantaneously redeemed himself by standing up to Isaac. I’ve always considered Obsidian to be the “heart” of Project: SCAR, and there is something so likable about the character…I find him to be very sympathetic and someone I want to see prevail.

Spot of the Cycle:
Stein giving Mirage a very nutritious beatdown…eat those veggies, bro!

Line of the Cycle:

Rogue: It's dark days in SHOOT.  There are evil, morbid predators around every corner, at every turn...   And all we want to do is make sure it stays that way for as long as possible.  It has to, ya know?  Because we're the fucking scavengers, man.  We eat the meat off the bones that don't get swallowed whole.  We're the FILTH that feeds off the parts the big boys don't want to swallow.  We're hungry.  We're so fucking hungry, and so we need this place to remain FOREVER in decay...  so we can feast. Finally...  and always.

Mephisto: ”I own you.” (three simple words that mean SO very much)

Laugh of the Cycle:
Jerry Matthews ripping up the “Go Iron Fist Yourself, Jerry!” sign :p

Overall, great show…sucks it was late, but shit happens sometimes!