August 18, 2017, 10:29:43 AM

Author Topic: Revolution 122 Feedback  (Read 1078 times)

T

• SHOOT Project Soldiers
    • View Profile
Revolution 122 Feedback
« on: May 13, 2014, 12:10:59 AM »
The SHOOT Project has risen! Witness all the action...

REVOLUTION 122: The Resurrection Edition

Let us know what you think! Feedback is VITAL for us. Also, there's something funky with the coding for the background halfway through the main event. We are aware of it and are trying to fix it.

Note: If you are not a SHOOT member and still read the shows, feel free to sign up to the boards and leave feedback. We'd love to hear from you!

Former Sin City Champion (1x)
3/24/2013-9/2/2013

Maya Nakashima

• SHOOT Project Soldiers
    • View Profile
Re: Revolution 122 Feedback
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2014, 02:07:08 AM »
I think for this Feedback I'm basically going to try to jot things down that in some way stand out to be and just give my overall impressions.

Opener: I had actually written this several weeks in advance to the bookings being announce because I was pretty amped that SHOOT was coming back. Hopefully everyone enjoyed it and it was a fitting enough introduction to the re-opening of SHOOT.

Dan Stein vs. Mystery Opponent (Cade Sydal):  I swear, Cade has got to have one of the longest openings in the business. But something else I noticed was that there was this air of, "Nobody knows who the mystery opponent is" type deal, like even Stein seemed genuinely shocked that it was Cade. Now, I dunno if I can fault the writer of the match on this because I dunno when he finished and when the Cade RP was posted, but that RP's first chunk is basically Cade saying, "I want you to know who's coming for your title", so the air of mystery seems a little weird to me. I liked the overall match, however, especially in regards to Stein being played up as a total coward heel in certain moments where he'd take a cheap shot, yank on Cade's hair, or use Molly as his personal shield. If you're a heel writer then this was the kind of win you want to pick up.

Backstage ANARCHY!: One thing I liked right off the bat, was mentioning that there was a physical effect from the break and ANARCHY looked like they put on some poundage, rather than looking exactly the same as six months ago. As for the promo itself, it seemed like pretty standard fighting champion fodder.

Jason Riley vs. El Asso Wipo: Apparently a lot of people have really long entrances, but I was wondering why Samantha Coil didn't announce him. I'm also curious, why is it censored when "fuck" "fucking" are said? Racial slurs and such, I can understand, but we just had a promo from ANARCHY with "fuggin" which, I mean come it's the same thing, and that goes unfiltered so... to see it here, I mean I guess one writer can't know that another one doesn't censor it, but it just seemed like a weird transition for me. The match itself didn't last long and turned into a pretty one sided beatdown, which actually makes for great heat on Riley and his crew. I gotta say, Jonny making the save took me back a little bit. I have some speculations under my hat, but I'm just going to leave it at that. Overall, this match served a great purpose for Jonny, Riley's crew, and not so much for Linam and Wipo.

Backstage Segment: This was Jer and me, obviously, so... yeah not much to say here.

Triple Threat: If I recall correctly, wasn't Zex the only one who maxed out for this match, I kinda don't even remember seeing a Duck promo period... but anyway. I must have been right because this was basically a squash match for Zex, who has some of the most amazing signature move names I've ever seen, aside from some minimal offense from Storm. Great showing for Zex, not so much for the other two.

Billy Winters: I love the amount of detail in this, I really do, it just... a contract signing like this seems like something that should have probably been Character Development in a promo. But like I said, loved the detail and am looking very forward to seeing more from him.

Ryan Shane vs. Cameron Ash: If you put together Cade and Riley's entrances it would be longer than this match. And that's weird because both these guys maxed out, so... not sure why they get the short match treatment here. Like, seriously, if you copypasta bell to bell it's 528 words... I'm pretty sure the Bookings called for 7-12 minutes, this one hit about five and a half bell to bell. Unless there was some strat that called for a quicker ending, which could very well be, and I could just be a nit-picky douchebag too... it's possible. But yeah, I feel like the match was going at a really good pace to showcase both guys but just dropped off way too quickly.

Impromptu Rules of Surrender Championship Match: Okay, so... I have to assume Marz is maybe going somewhere, can't continue to RP in SHOOT, or something like that because to lose the strap on an unscheduled Championship match is kinda crazy to think about, as far as e-fedding is concerned. I mean this match was HUGE for Cripp, congrats on that, but it's... ominous that Marz dropped it like this.

Kincaid vs. Tanev: I think the most unorthodox thing about Tanev is that his entrance isn't the length of the match itself. I thought this match was a really good push for the newcomer Tanev as well as Kincaid, I was a little irked by the time limit draw... it always seems like a bit of a cop out to me, but both men shine so who am I to criticize anyone.

Matthews vs. Mystery Opponent (Lazarus): I wrote this one, I hope I did it justice. I have to say something though, guys, if you have no roster page... strats are CRAZY important. The only way I'm gonna know jack shit about you now is if I thumb through old matches and try to figure out your style and being that the last show was, what, six months ago? That makes life a pain in the ass.

Main Event: I loved how Maya was treated in the main event so I have no real complaints on that end, and I thought it was a great match. If I could nitpick for just a second, I wanted to comment on how the actual pinfall counts were written. I had never thought about this until I saw it like this, however, when written like "One. Two. Three." it seems to really lack something, you know? Like, when I picture it in my head I can see the referee just kinda half heartidly tapping on the canvas. But when it's like, "ONE! TWO! THREE!" it feels like he's really making a hard count. Now, for the early stuff where it's like a kickout at one and a half or something, it probably doesn't matter but at the very end, with the pinfall, it kinda loses something, to me anyway. Especially with Corazon trying to make the desperation save. I dunno, I might just be nitpicking and trying to find SOMETHING to comment about because I was such a big fan of the ME.

J

• Supreme Commander
  • The Brass
    • View Profile
    • http://www.shootproject.com/
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2014, 08:14:39 AM »
Something real quick -- with the impromptu matches, they're really only impromptu on the shows themselves.  The participants RP for them, they just send those in to Tim who judges them.  So, while it looks like an impromptu deal on the show, the reality of it is that they're normal matches that are booked in advance, just without everyone else knowing ahead of time.

Generally speaking, good feedback that should be taken seriously and feelings should not be hurt from it. 

As we continue to get our legs back under us, a lot of these things will even themselves out.  Matches being short is probably a function of us having to pick up a few things for people at the last minute and obviously not intended.  A point was reached where we valued getting the show up on time over last minute fleshing things out.  We'll discuss how to prevent this kind of thing in the future, amongst the staff.

Jonny

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2014, 09:08:26 AM »
Weelllllllllllllllllll look what the cat dragged in.

SHOOT.  it dragged in SHOOT Project.

Welcome back bois and girls and boys who write as girls.

First of all, as a whole, I have to say, this will be a manageable tone for the "bi-weekly" Revolution product.  The matches, for the most part, had a story to tell and the show flowed smoothly.  I know Drew brought up some points about match length, buuuut from what I understand there were some late "whoops.  life" moments and a few match writers had no choice but to bow out to lady circumstance.  So I'm wondering if that didn't have something to do with it.

Regardless, I think this was a great "restart" show.  You saw guys put into new spots and even if they were old characters, it FELT fresh due to the pairings and nature of the card.

Anyway, on to a few notes.

- Maya really stood out alllll show.  Understated opening promo was unspectacular but certainly drove the point and theme of the show home early.  We're not being overrun by villains anymore, guys.  We have a FACE champion, who, by all accounts, appears primed for a long, long run with the title.  So him being out at the top established what I think this new run of SHOOT will be about.

Then later on you have his interaction with Isaac, which was...  hmm...  what's the word? Spot-on?  No...  ummm...  oh...  yeah.  PERFECT.  That was a perfect segment between two major characters.  Maya shows compassion to arguably SHOOT's greatest threats of all time, who could not have appeared anymore defeated.  We can "armchair-coach" from the sidelines all day...  but I will say I looooove the idea of SHOOT punishing a monster by hiring him and more or less running him into the ground.  Isaac as a weird anti hero?  IS THIS A RUSE?  I think Maya was behind Project SCAR the whole time.

- Stein and Cade had a good "wrestling match".  All the elements were in place, but I think I wish there was a way we could creatively do away with the early stages of these contests.  In a LIVE/ACTUAL wrestling environment the jockeying for position and sort of "throw-away" offense builds the very visual presentation.  It works in that way.... but in eWrestling, it just doesn't translate.  I think it might be better if we started examining match writing as we do our promos and character development and focus on the STORY we're trying to tell.  Find unique ways to pop the early stages of our matches.  Dialogue, more focused/interesting descriptions of the action with the attention paid to the STORY we're trying to tell with the match.  It might just be a nature of the beast thing and end up being a necessary component, but I keep thinking there has to be something. 

ORRRR maybe it's just me and I don't like reading most "matches".

Maybe something up for discussion?

Annnnnyway...

- YES FOR WEIGHT GAIN AFTER LONG PERIODS OF TIME.  My brother and I used to always hate how every character came back IN PEAK PHYSICAL CONDITION even if they were hitting their late 30s and 40s.  Sorry.  This is pro wrestling...  HOME of things like "lack of will power" and "poor conditioning".  Anyway, small detail aside, I think this promo served its function.  Tag Team Champions exist.  They are a good team.  Excellent.  Solid social media work as well.  I hope no one trolls your poll, bros.

- I don't usually comment on comments of my stuff, but I WILL say this.  Riley actually only got censored once and it was in a pretty brutal combo of words.  So the censor guy, having to be on his game, hears the start of the second word and just hits the MUTE button from the truck.  The delay pushes it back to the first word and then the whole sentence basically gets muted.  CMON MAN THATS HOW EDITING WORKS!  (He doesn't get censored later when he says it)

Other than that, everything else seems to have been noticed perfectly.  (I only write for Drew, btw.  He's my target demographic.  THE REST OF YOU HILLBILLY JOKERS CAN HIT THE ROAD)

- The matches on the card did a nice job of selling new characters and a few moves here and there, but I'll be honest again.  I APPRECIATE the hard work people do, but even MORE than in Stein/Cade, matches with new, returning, or unfamiliar characters NEED to do a lot more to bring out their individual stories.  Instead of an armdrag, let me see a facial expression...  or let me hear them make a comment.  Write more internally.  Maybe that's it.  The writing of the matches seems external.  Like we were watching them on TV and then acting as a scribe for the action, where the promos/segments always feel like we're writing from INSIDE the television.

I think I nailed it.  Yes.  That is the way to put it.

This is of no fault to the match writers.  I think our strats need to reflect more powerful story elements of what we're doing.  WHY are you doing cool flip moves?  WHY don't you just try to hit your finisher early and win the match?  We break so many boundaries and conventions...  I don't know.

Sorry.

The matches made sense.  I know it's a tough job so writers, my hat is off to you.

- The impromptu title match was something I wish we'd see MORE of, but perhaps not as obvious a scenario.  Marz is probably NOT coming back (though if he is, this will go down as GREAT to me) and we know LC was looking for action and certainly IS going to be involved.  For these random matches (which I think are GREAT) to work, there needs to be A) MORE of them and B )  story element involved from time to time.  I hope people use these as angle advancements for the future because this popped the card and the match felt fresh.

- ASK AND YOU SHALL RECEIVE.  Yep.  Matthews and Laz was PERFECT.  Good execution and an excellent match.  you had a focus on character.  The actions were in line with a story being told and it played itself out until the end.  I'm sure the IRON FIST stipulations probably makes that easier, but this was probably the most interesting match of the night from my end.  I WILL NITPICK THOUGH...  When Samantha Coil announces "Here is your Winner..."  WE KNOW WHO THE WINNER IS AND THERE IS NO NEED FOR A PAUSE!  Matthews COULD NEVER WIN DREW!  HE COULD NEVER BE THE WINNER.  U MADE EPICENTER FANS LOOK DUMB.  Now if she had said... 

"Ladies and gentleman...  I'm being told..."

Samantha pauses while the official explains the exact call to her, not wanting to make a giant mistake on national television.  She nods her head, taking in every direction.

Other Guy: Well did he make it up?

Eryk Masters: With this desicion taking so long, it seems like Matthews may have just retained...  I don't think he got up...

The crowd waits for what feels like FOREVER.

Samantha Coil: Ladies and gentleman...  the WINNER OF THIS MATCH

THE FANS POP GIANT CAUSE THE WORD WINNER IS A TELL!

Samantha Coil: AND NEEEEEEEW blah blah blah

</veteran>

- The Main Event was a perfect main event.  Lots of star power.  Focus on what will probably be a villain-LESS WORLD TITLE scene.  Nothing over the top, but put lots of building blocks in place for the future.  It was a wonderful pairing of characters with a CLASSIC SHOOT main event feel.  NOTHING BAD TO SAY HERE FOLKS

GUYS.  I was chatting with Greg last night and I am very excited to be writing here with all of you.  I'm seeing the foundation for some really terrific stuff and my BOOKER brain is going CRAAAAAY with ideas and thoughts.

I'd love to see a "speculation" thread at some point in time...  maybe monthly...  where we can chat about angles, where we'd want them to go...  More like you would comment on the real thing.  Obviously, if we had previous knowledge of something...  ya know...  just work everyone.  Hahaha, but because I don't use AIM and NONE OF YOU USE CHAT ROOM..  I actually never talk to any of you or know what's going on.

Great work, though folks.

I'd say A - overall if I was the type to grade people.

BUT IM NOT!

F*** *OU F****** PILE OF SH**

JK.  wrong handle.

hope is illusion.

<3

xoxoxoxo

SV

• The Artist
  • SHOOT Project Soldiers
  • I hold a mirror against a mirror against a mirror.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2014, 05:41:59 PM »
Roleplayer of the Cycle:
Has to go to Kale/Kincaid.
Four solid, grade A RP’s from these two, what a way to step up for the first card back.

Single best RP of the Cycle:
HARD, HARD Choice. But, I’m gonna throw a wild one out here and say Ryan Shane’s second, because it’s crazy how well his style fits with SHOOT,  I feel he deserves a pat on the back for making a very strong début.

CD of the Cycle:
Billy Winter and Jester Smiles.
Winter has a character I can get behind; he’s dark, educated and twisted.
Jester’s CD was some real doomy shit, but awesome none the less.

Match of the Cycle (RPs):
Kale/Kincaid.
They killed it, what more can I say?

Match of the Cycle (Written):
I enjoyed Stein Vs Cade, was exactly what it needed to be.

Most Improved:
Kincaid, I’ve always been a fan. But, fuck did you step up this week.

Segment of the Cycle:
Entragian/Maya.
Given the history of the characters it was cool to see them doing something different with the dynamic.

Surprise of the Cycle:
I shouldn’t be surprised by this, but the sheer quality of work that went into this show was outstanding.

Feud of the Cycle:
Whatever it is that’s going on with Johnny Johnson. I got vibes of MD Krauser from MD Geist II when he was on the mic.

Story of the Cycle:
The overall story of resurrection, I think everyone played with it both in RPs, CDs and segments; it was the overall theme of the show and it worked.

Heel of the Cycle:
Dan Stein.
Even with SHOOT coming back, he still found time to act like a dick.

Face of the Cycle:
Maya!!
Without a shadow of a doubt lol.

Line of the Cycle:
“You won't need to worry about stopping me anymore. There is nothing left to stop...” – Isaac Entragian to Maya Nakashima.

Or

"I don't care if you're the World Heavyweight Champion or if you're El Asso Wipo! There is no human being under SHOOT Project contract to big or too small! I. GOT YOU. I. AM HERE FOR YOU!!!" -Johnny Johnson.

Laugh of the Cycle:
Officer Reeve Timmons.

Random Props of the Cycle:
Everyone who wrote a match and got the show together, especially those who took up matches last min, I think you need an extra pat on the back for that.

Newcomer of the Year 2013.

Entragian

• Project: SCAR
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2014, 06:35:13 PM »
Let me preface by saying this....I mentioned to Tony (Kincaid) in a PM last night that SHOOT Project feels INCREDIBLY fun to be involved in right now. There's this energy circulating in the fed right now, people obviously really excited about the resurrection and stoked to be writing here again. I wrote elsewhere for awhile during the break, and while I love to write in general and develop my characters, there is something so uniquely satisfying about writing in the SHOOT "world." Mostly because I feel like the handlers & characters in SHOOT Project do such a fantastic job of working together and connecting everything in the SHOOT-verse...and it's that level of teamwork and the opportunity to work with other insanely talented writers on awesome stories that keeps me coming back for more.

I'm stealing Sam's feedback format because it's short and sweet and keeps me from having to do a huge write-up :p

Roleplayer of the Cycle:

For me it's a tie between Kincaid & Stein.

I'm going to repeat what other people have been saying about Kincaid...the character is ON FIRE right now. I've always liked Kincaid, but this particular incarnation of the character just seems so hungry and devoted to clawing and scraping his way straight to the top. Such memorable lines in all of his RPs this cycle.

Stein's a character that has found his groove and EXCELS in that groove. He's the cocky asshole you love to hate, but some of the interactions he has with people can't help but crack you the fuck up too.

This is extremely difficult considering the amount of passion on display in SHOOT Project right now, but I'm gonna choose Ryan Shane's 1st. There was something very honest and realistic about this roleplay, especially the part about first impressions and Shane trying to live up to his full potential here.

CD of the Cycle:
Zex's "Rainfall" - I fuckin' LOVED this. It gave us a little peek in the Lionheart/Zex history and it was especially interesting to see Val starting to become the jaded misanthrope we all know and love (I really enjoy anything having to do with Val's origin story) but another part of this storyline that really stuck with me was how Sam described Rain. She's not some perfect little big-titty small waist cardboard cutout valet with no personality....this is a real girl with real flaws, and some of those flaws make her even more beautiful and endearing as a character. You find yourself attracted and curious about this girl due solely to how well Sam writes her...and her relationship with Zex feels so perfectly organic. Two thumbs up.

Kale/Kincaid & Ryan Shane/Cameron Ash

Tie between Kale/Kincaid (the draw ending left me kinda bummed, but it's also believable due to how competitive the roleplays were) and Stein/Sydal due solely to it being a really fun match.

Most Improved:
I'll go with Dan on this one. I've mostly read Dan's stuff with TMB and not all that much from Eli Storm, but I feel like Dan has grown to entirely new heights as a writer. He's constantly evolving and upping his game and I always enjoy seeing what he's going to bring to the table next.

Segment of the Cycle:
All segments involving Maya (when you see Maya happy, you can't help but be happy with him. THAT is how you know you're writing a believable face...if you can inspire readers to grin just when they see things going right for this dude)

And the beatdown on Wipo by Riley's crew. Riley's little gang of rogues have probably got me more excited than anything else right now (because with a powerhouse writer like Jeff behind them, duh...it's going to be unique and it's going to be awesome) These guys are just scummy, rotten scavengers and they are here to FUCK SHIT UP...and I love that. Plus the save by Jonny was awesome and much like Drew, I have some theories here myself...cannot wait to see how it all plays out.

Surprise of the Cycle:
Pleasantly surprised by how everyone came together to just knock this resurrection right outta the park. I feel like SHOOT Project has come back stronger than ever.

Feud of the Cycle:
Things are still in the early stages right now and characters are kinda going down fresh paths and finding new angles to get into, so I can't really classify any major feuds just yet. I feel like in the coming weeks/future shows we're going to get the special opportunity to see brand new feuds take shape and emerge...and the possibilities are endless there.

Story of the Cycle:
The story that shined the most this cycle was the story that had a place in pretty much every single handler/character's work. SHOOT Project is back, motherfuckers...and we intend to go hard.

Heel of the Cycle:
Tie between Jason Riley and his rogues and my favorite chickenshit heel, Dan Stein. Funny thing is this time around (as Jeff mentioned) heels are kinda on the decline and faces are on the rise. It'll be interesting to see which characters step forward to really capture the prominent heel roles that are kinda vacant and there for the taking this time around.

Face of the Cycle:
Maya fuckin' Nakashima.

Line of the Cycle:
"I don't care if you're the World Heavyweight Champion or if you're El Asso Wipo! There is no human being under SHOOT Project contract to big or too small! I. GOT YOU. I. AM HERE FOR YOU!!!" -Johnny Johnson.

"I wanna talk about the day SHOOT closed its doors last time, one of the worst days of my life. I had lost my home once before, to an earthquake and subsequent tsunami, and it was a feeling I never wanted to endure again, that feeling of uselessness as everything I loved was snatched away from me. But the day SHOOT closed... I... I felt it again. I was powerless to stop it from happening, powerless to do enough to keep the doors open, and powerless to even... to even say goodbye." - Maya Nakashima

Laugh of the Cycle:
Officer Reeve Timmons. When I read this I just said to myself "Oh, Bill!" and proceeded to laugh my ass off. Also the bit about Anarchy packing on some extra pounds during the vacation.

Brooks

• SHOOT Project Soldiers
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2014, 08:29:48 PM »
Roleplayer of the Cycle:
For me it was Kale Tanev.

Kale Tanev's Outburst

CD of the Cycle:
Rainfall by Zex

Tanev/Kincaid

Stein/Sydal for me

Segment of the Cycle:
Maya/Entragian

Good Job people.

Kincaid

• X-REGISTERED
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2014, 08:49:31 PM »
Feedback is coming dude's. I've had a splitting headache most of the day.

DrezzyF2T

• SHOOT Project Soldiers
  • Life. Deal. Rock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2014, 09:06:50 PM »
I posted the RP I sent Tim on the board for the sake of transparency...and potential love.

*"Behind the Scenes" graphic by Sam Valentine
*Corey Lazarus banner by Ben Duke

Matt

• X-REGISTERED
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2014, 09:59:13 AM »
It's been nearly a full decade (minus a couple months) since I've been involved in the world of e-fedding, so I'm going to keep my comments pretty brief.  I frankly don't know the game or the players well enough to fully understand what's happening around me. I don't think my thoughts would be particularly well-informed, so I'll keep my mouth shut.

I can speak briefly about the pieces I was directly involved in.  A heartfelt thank you to those who have mentioned Tanev in their breakdown of the week. That's very appreciated. As I said, I haven't written a RP in 10 years, so it was a very interesting experience to sit down and see if there's anything there or not. 

Kincaid put on a great show all week. It was great to be writing with someone who is very talented and focused on moving in a clear direction. 

I thought the match was good. I'm not really a wrestling fan anymore, so for me the real key is trying to use the match to advance some storylines and, in the case particularly of the new guys, get across some pieces of their characters.  I'll do a better job of helping to contribute to that in the future so that the people who have generously volunteered their time to write the match have more to work with.  Ours was really well done (my comments are definitely not supposed to be a criticism, but I'm trying to get across that I need to play a better role to provide source material), and I don't have any qualms with the draw.

Thanks to everyone involved in the week. It made coming back a pretty great experience. My apologies if I seem like I'm lurking more than contributing. That's mostly by design as I try to figure out what's changed since I was last around.

Kincaid

• X-REGISTERED
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2014, 06:12:00 PM »
Without hyperbole, this has been one of the most fun fedding cycles I've ever been part of. Everyone's on the top of their game.

There's a lot of standouts this time. Zex did my favorite stuff, even though some of it was storyline stuff. "Rainfall" was incredible. Some absolutely astonishing work that makes me realize just how far I have to go in describing my side characters. Tanev, obviously, came out of nowhere for me and gave me a really tough challenge. Amazing work.

Segment wise, Maya and Entragian is THE thing that has me most interested going forward. Probably the two most dynamic characters we have.

123 is going to be unreal. This roster is something special.

xiv

• B once fired a guy for me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2014, 09:41:50 PM »
A little late... better than never.

I like the opening.  Right into SHOOT's torch bearer is a good way to start.  YOu know its hard not to compare stuff to what we watch as wrestling fans and I feel if this happened in WWE, they took a break/shut down the first person we'd see would be Vince.  So its cool that its the champion AND that its Maya who out of all those people excited and chanting is probably the most excited and happy person in the building at SHOOT's return.  Good moment.   Tied in nicely to a new opening video and then the bosspeople.  Though I believe that crowd would STILL pop for "This is a Cheap Pop", and possibly chant "WE LOVE CHEAP POPS!" - clap clap clapclapclap. 

You can't go wrong with Stein/Cade.   GOod fast paced action here.  I think this worked great with how we started the show.  As we get reintroduced to SHOOT and two pillars of the company over the years are our first match. 

Riley/Wipo was all about the finish of the match.   Riley and Co.  Huge awesome return of the heroic Defiler! … wait… what?

There is something just cringe inducing about Maya recognizing Ike's scent.  Good segment between these two.  Short Simple and very effective. This would be my Segment of the show.  Because it had ties to SHOOT's past, but also left a lot of uncertainty about where it and its Soldiers are headed. 

Triple threat was solid.  Nice win for Dex. 

KInda kept the new vibe going with Billy Winter into Cash/Shane.  Always up for new blood 'round these parts. 

Impromptu matches RULE!  And Marz/Crippler is goodness.  Love getting tossed little easter eggs like this.  Always a big fan of stuff like this.  My only qualm is I'da lOVED to see these two role-play for the match. Just for my own reading enjoyment  (yes I'm greedy like that)

Let me continue to heap Praise on Kincaid and Tanev.  This was "Match of the Show" for me.  Whole package style.  RPing through the match itself.  Much like above I'm conflicted and gonna contradict myself.  I like that neither guy won… but wanted to see a finish.  If that makes sense. So my split second of awww, turned into a optimistic 'awwwww yeah' I like the draw for the opening of "hey we can do this again and neither guy has an upper hand, so to speak". 

Our 3rd title match included a mystery man.  So, but the transitive rules of wrestling booking.  First mystery opponent lost.  Impromptu match slash open challenge which really lends itself to being a mystery opponent.  Mystery opponent WON.  Hmmm… Anyway  Solid IF title match.  I'm of the mindset that this was because Marz/Matthews won't be back immediately/at all?  I liked the confusion at the end of the match.  Even had me  up through Coil's announcement. 

Let me give a public apology.  Totally forgot to strat for my match.  Just totally forgot that was something… Someone was rusty :D  So….  That's a "my bad".  That said I"m glad Maya/Loco came out together as that is something I would have wanted.  Fun match.  Fast paced.  Felt like a Main Event.  As a huge Eliminators mark I loved the finisher used. 

Show really got me pumped up for the return.  Definitely enjoyable.  Glad we're back!

Lucy Blaylock

• SHOOT Project Soldiers
  • Feel LOVELESS.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2014, 12:18:04 AM »
We did roleplay for that impromptu match. Just not publicly.