June 22, 2017, 05:58:45 AM

Author Topic: Revolution 124 - Feedback  (Read 783 times)

J

• Supreme Commander
  • The Brass
    • View Profile
    • http://www.shootproject.com/
Revolution 124 - Feedback
« on: June 10, 2014, 08:33:45 PM »
Hey guys, here's the show: 

REVOLUTION 124

The Reeve Timmons/Wailer match is missing and will be added later.  Bookings to come later tonight.

G

• G Money Nicholson Jr.
  • SHOOT Project Soldiers
  • I don't hate Tim on Tuesdays or Thursdays
    • View Profile
Re: Revolution 124 - Feedback
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2014, 09:10:33 PM »
If you're not excited for MotM after this show, I don't want to be your friend.

Wish we could do spoiler tags.

B, I have missed you, man. Congratulations on all of your life accomplishments since the shut down, and welcome back...

Home.

Support SHOOT Project by visiting our eWtorch database posting here:

"Will your buddy let you fuck a midget in his bed? If the answer is yes, then you know that dude is solid."
"Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily."

Napoleon Bonaparte

DrezzyF2T

• SHOOT Project Soldiers
  • Life. Deal. Rock.
    • View Profile
Revolution 124 - Feedback
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2014, 09:17:45 PM »
Holy. Fucking. Shit.

In all seriousness, this may be the best Revolution I've read since joining. Not for the obvious bias, either, because that's happened before, but because the whole show flowed so fluidly and everything was written to near perfection.

Take a fucking bow, brothers. We are truly back in business.

*"Behind the Scenes" graphic by Sam Valentine
*Corey Lazarus banner by Ben Duke

Entragian

• Project: SCAR
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2014, 09:20:19 PM »
AMAZING fuckin' show. I'll have my longer write-up coming sometime soon, but just a note to anyone who hasn't read the show yet...

Brace yourself for that final segment.

And prepare to cream like you've never creamed before.

Scotty should be able to hook everyone up with complimentary ponchos.

G

• G Money Nicholson Jr.
  • SHOOT Project Soldiers
  • I don't hate Tim on Tuesdays or Thursdays
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2014, 10:37:21 PM »
I'm going to probably have to go in segments, but I think I'll get it done tonight.

Opening Segment:
  • Short, but it really didn't have much of a need to be any longer than it was.
  • Good hype piece for Master of the Mat

Video Package:
  • This is shorter compared to most of our packages, but I think that can used to send a message that we're more of an action show than a talking show.

Eryk Masters Opening:
  • I want to work on these going forward. I think Tim did a really good job of using my ideas for the blurbs and putting it into the shows, and I'd like to personally write them up to be inserted in the future, if that's okay. Yeah, I just said that I think we should use the short video package, but this is a pretty good chance to catch the people who don't read bookings by the balls and get them interested.

Maya/Gabriel Knight vs. Zex/Jerry Matthews:
  • Really enjoyed the match between Maya and Zex, and how they tried to make it a real match, but you knew that something was going to go down. When I say that I enjoyed the match, the two styles are the exact type of match that I'd show to someone who had never watched wrestling before but wanted something entertaining.
  • Pretty happy with Omar coming out to save the scene. He's a new guy, but we're in a new era, so I can definitely see it and be okay with it, especially because they introduced him at the announce table.
  • Only way this could've been stronger is if Mephisto came out. I hope things get cleared up here soon.

Jonny Johnson and ANARCHY! Segment:
  • Formatting was an issue, as it was with the Gregs' segment. Ours was because I used Gdocs and didn't know how to fix the formatting on, and I'm sorry. Jeff, I'm sure, will get it figured out.
  • The segment itself was pretty awesome. I love Jeff/Scotty interactions because they just feel natural.
  • I love the way that Jeff is able to give guys soft pushes while still remaining ambiguous about his actual alignment
  • ANARCHY! comes across quiet, but strong in this, and still help sell the fact that Jonny isn't to be trusted yet, though he's trying to make peace with people.

Jason Johnson Segment:
  • I love the jab at production about showing Loco's name too early, keeps it real and light hearted. I'd almost expect Real Deal to do something like that rather than Jason, but maybe I'm just an IH fan
  • Maya versus Loco is definitely WELL DESERVED. Scott won the MotM last year, kind of fitting that he gets his 1v1 at Master of the Mat

O'Reilly vs. Shane:
  • I'm not sure how I feel about all the false finishes and the match being so spread out like it is. Almost takes away from it. There's other ways you can construe time passing like that, especially if there are a bunch of spots there using the passing of time
  • I can definitely get behind the rear naked being used in this instance, but I don't know that I'd use it for another other than no shows or at the end of epic feuds. Maybe that's just me?

Kale Tanev Segment:
  • Again with the formatting issues, but we'll get that figured out
  • This did a great job of revealing a little bit more about Kale's past and why wrestling is so important
  • Loved the use of his story as a reason for him to be absent after a major championship win, rather than just, "lel, they don't want me here".
  • And Master of the Mat gets another bump. As it rightfully should. Good work.

Chaos vs. Dan Stein:
  • G-Best and I went into this match with a pretty clear image of what we thought should happen here, and I think Josh did a really great job with it. I definitely think he did us justice for how close this match had to have been for me to pull out a win.
  • I loved the spot with the Flair chops. When Greg and I were talking, it was something that had us roaring, but seeing it happen in the show is awesome. Probably my favorite spot of the match, G2.
  • Chaos comes off SUPER weird. Like, insane, wtf. With the ideas that G2 and I were bouncing off of each other, I hope that getting him a match against the Sin City Champion helped him, even with this loss.
  • I really didn't think I was even going to win because G2 has such a fantastic grasp on his character right now, that he doesn't have to write 2500 words for me to be thoroughly entertained. The RPs this week were crazy, in the best possible way.
  • I want to start showing Stein's athleticism while still being a douchebag heel, because I felt like I was starting to forget, even as Stein's handler, that he was actually born a luchador-type character to rival Cade Sydal, so I asked Josh to put in some creative stuff, and I think the finish especially was nice. He could've had Dan win with the feet on the ropes, but he false-finished and had Dan actually win by athleticism. Molly is going to appreciate that, that's for sure.

Eli Storm Segment:
  • I like where this is going, Dan. I really do.

Trey Willett vs. Isaac Entragian:
  • Trey toeing the face/heel line makes me happy. Mostly because it's hard to have heel/heel matches and I don't want to lose to Trey (note: if this match happens in MotM, I'll hate myself).
  • Trey is on a roll since his "promotion" to Paramedic, man. I really enjoyed the work this week. I think the toeing of the face/heel line is a little too on the heelish side for such a strong face World Heavyweight Champion, but then again, five, six months change a man.
  • The Project: SCAR In Memorandum at the end... it's a thing of beauty to watch these unfold. Drew, Ike and Josh are great together, and this is another tease at something that we all wanted... maybe I still do want Corazon to end it for Ike, though. If I were just a fan watching from home, it feels like Ike is robbing us of something we all want by not playing the megaheel to Corazon's superface. It'd be like Sting never getting his shot at Hollywood Hogan. Ugh. BUT. Maya is trying to make it make sense. And that's okay. For now.

Shawn O'Reilly Segment:
  • Super happy that you're taking the initiative to write a match segment for the show, without even reading it. New guys take note, this is how you get opportunities.
  • The message is pretty sound, too. Short and sweet. Not the most dramatic segment (like the RPs kinda felt), but definitely something that I can see a Jerry Lynn type old-school wrestler going with, rather than trying to update it

Main Event:
  • Just a great wrestling match that needed to happen. No dirty tactics, nothing to try to get cheap heat, just a wrestling match that was put on like a clinic for the fans, and the reaction was well deserved
  • Definitely think the respect for ANARCHY! that was shown is deserved, as well.
  • The finish works well, too, because of how tight the match was to me. I think ANARCHY! had to go down close like this, and anything else was unfair, especially with the year long reign.
  • Congratulations to Will and Drezzy on the title win, just a show after title losses. Really shows their bounce-backedness is strong. Yeah, that’s a new word.

Closing Segment:
  • I.
  • Marked.
  • Out.
  • Welcome home.

Support SHOOT Project by visiting our eWtorch database posting here:

"Will your buddy let you fuck a midget in his bed? If the answer is yes, then you know that dude is solid."
"Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily."

Napoleon Bonaparte

SV

• The Artist
  • SHOOT Project Soldiers
  • I hold a mirror against a mirror against a mirror.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2014, 06:05:46 AM »
I made some mistakes both with formatting and during my match. That serves me right for going over it and adding/editing it at 2AM. So apologies for that...Hopefully the content however came across well.

As for my Feedback, that will come shortly.

Newcomer of the Year 2013.

Omar Owens

• w/ Freak Nasty 1
  • X-REGISTERED
  • A Breath of Fresh Air
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2014, 11:20:57 AM »
Being so new, it's hard to jump right in and understand what's happening in each segment, but that'll change as I read more and more.  I just wanted to say that when I joined and saw there was a guy named Chaos on the roster, I immediately thought he'd be like all the others named Chaos I've seen in the past - 7 footer, 300 pounder who is just, like, so evil - but then I read this card and, ho-lee shit, every word written by and about Chaos was incredible.  I already have a favorite character.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Brooks

• SHOOT Project Soldiers
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2014, 01:51:34 AM »
Good show.
Had great fun working with GPrime.
DK returning is fucking huge.
Loved the ME.
Trey/Zac was great as we're their RPGs in the cycle.

SV

• The Artist
  • SHOOT Project Soldiers
  • I hold a mirror against a mirror against a mirror.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2014, 05:03:16 PM »
Roleplayer of the Cycle:
Trey. Hats’ of to him for two very dope roleplays.

Single best RP of the Cycle:
I really enjoyed the second Stein RP. (Both were great mind you.)

CD of the Cycle:
The deleted CD…Which was not only cool. but the deletion combined with the news article later was an awesome "Blur of the lines" idea.

Match of the Cycle (RP "competitiveness"):
Entragian Vs Trey.
LC/Laz Vs ANARCHY.

Match of the Cycle (Written):
Loved the main event.

Most Improved:
Chaos. Slowly but surely the character is coming along well and I’m enjoying the progression.

Segment of the Cycle:
Jonny/ANARCHY was awesome; it just seemed to fit perfectly with everything that’s been going on and continued to sell the story with Jonny “possibly” being a douchebag.

Entragian/Maya/Corazon segment was cool, I really like the episodic feel to this story.

Honourable mentions go to; Shawn O’Reilly, Kale Tanev and the Stein/Chaos segment; all were enjoyable reads.

Surprise of the Cycle:
KING!

Feud of the Cycle:
I think, the feuds took a little step back this week in all honesty. This could be due to the MotM hype and the recent title changes. 

Story of the Cycle:
Maya/Entragian.
I’m just going to call it the “Jonny” story arc.

Heel(s) of the Cycle:
Stein shined through as a top top heel this week.

Face(s) of the Cycle:
Maya, obviously, Because how can you not like Maya?
ANARCHY! Solid face reactions in the Jonny segment.
And, you know. Omar Owens; because he saved his buddy, that’s a face thing to do right there.

Line of the Cycle:
“I’ve been World Heavyweight Champion.
I’ve been Soldier of the Year.
I’ve been the winner of the Redemption Rumble.
One thing I ain’t ever been?
Master of the Mat.”
- Donovan King.

Laugh of the Cycle:
ANARCHY! + Katy Perry had me in tears.

Random Props:
Solid showings, throughout guys everyone who RPed and put in matches and segments deserves some props.

Josh, because he stepped up to spearhead this show. And you know, we appreciate the time it takes to put a show together and the work involved.

B, simply for returning.

Drew, because with our Partners/Opponents no showing; we still managed to tell a good story and it was cool to work with him again this week.

Newcomer of the Year 2013.

Entragian

• Project: SCAR
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2014, 10:35:30 PM »
Better late than never!

Roleplayer of the Cycle:
A tie between Trey & G2.

-I was stoked to work with Trey this cycle, dude literally killed it, Trey’s evolution as a character has been seamless and I’m eager to see the chapters unfold from here.

-The Chaos RPs were fun, bizarre, perverse…just a really unique idea for a character. I was kind of in the “wtf” stage with Chaos for awhile but the character has definitely won me over.

Single best RP of the Cycle:
Tie: Green & Gold (Trey)
And Wailer’s “Third Act Without Resolution”…loved everything about that RP. Struck a chord with me as Wailer being this detached, almost tragic figure that survived a suicide attempt and is sort of taking out some of his apathy on the world he’s forced to still exist in.

CD of the Cycle:
- The deleted CD with Riley being his mercurial dickbag self

Match of the Cycle (RP "competitiveness"):
-LC/Laz Vs ANARCHY.
-Stein vs Chaos

Match of the Cycle (Written):
-Main Event Tag Match

Most Improved:
- I think O’Reilly is really starting to define a voice here in SHOOT and I like seeing him get better and better as he goes along

Segment of the Cycle:
-Tanev segment was my favorite. Dude has been through Hell and back and it’s interesting seeing him turn his life around and contend with little modern annoyances in this generation like bank accounts, cell bills, finding a place to live…all that stuff that you’re “supposed” to have to be functional in this society. Interesting to see someone who’s been off the grid for quite awhile dealing with all that crap.

-Jonny/ANARCHY: Jonny continues to play the “walking the thin line” role where you don’t know if he’s just being demonized unfairly or is he legit just slipping back into those comfy villain shoes that fit him so well in the past…seeing this story just sort of slow burn is very entertaining for me and I look forward to it each cycle.

Surprise of the Cycle:
-DONNIE KING!!!!! This made me all kinds of happy. SHOOT just didn’t really feel complete without B, and the fact that he’s brought back King is awesome.

Feud of the Cycle:
-Agreed with Sam…I can’t really put my finger down on one “feud” right now. I think we have several really interesting stories unfolding, but none of them really feel like “feuds.” I think most people are just focused on surviving and conquering MOTM right now. I think the main feud we had was Maya/Mephisto but that lost a bit of steam, hope we find out what happened to Tim soon.

Story of the Cycle:
-The two sides of the Jonny coin
-Tanev forging his path in the modern world and SHOOT
-MOTM in general

Heel(s) of the Cycle:
-Stein is probably one of the most clear cut heels we have right now…he’s an asshole and he’s blunt about admitting that. Most other heels are in transition periods or their fates are kind of “uncertain” at the moment
- Riley, Quinn, and Wailer are the other heels that stand out. Just grubby, nasty dudes aiming to fuck shit up and make sure everyone has a bad time.

Face(s) of the Cycle:
-Maya (If you can’t root for Maya, you have no heart)
- Tanev (In MOTM I’m extremely invested in Tanev’s story and feel like he could take the entire tournament)
-Zex (Consistently awesome)

Line of the Cycle:
”Kale Tanev: Three months ago I was hiding under a car in a seedy part of Pittsburgh while two armed men looked for me. To earn a few dollars, I had taken something very important from some very bad men.  And they wanted it back.  I’ll never forget watching my cold breath hitting against the underbody of the car, condensating against the cold metal. Then counting the seconds until the vapour dripped off the car back onto my face.  Trying to stay still and silent so they didn’t kill me. The SHOOT Project has given me a new life!”

Laugh of the Cycle:
 Chaos kind of mindfucking Stein a bit and doing funny/weird shit.

Random Props:

Lots of exciting stuff going on in SHOOT right now…B’s back, so we’ve got tons of King-related stuff to look forward to.

Omar debuted, and having read and gotten the chance to face Remy during my brief stay in Orion, I know for a fact the writer behind the character is REALLY good and I look forward to seeing him establish himself here.

Plus Worrens is back…that’s all kinds of awesome, I remember reading Worrens way back in my Delacroy days…really enjoyed the character then and I’m sure I’ll enjoy catching up with that character as Ed jumps back into the game.

SHOOT continues to roll, and MOTM is hyped through the roof right now….can’t wait!