December 13, 2017, 04:30:58 PM

Author Topic: Revolution 125: RP Feedback  (Read 862 times)

G

• G Money Nicholson Jr.
  • SHOOT Project Soldiers
  • I don't hate Tim on Tuesdays or Thursdays
    • View Profile
Revolution 125: RP Feedback
« on: June 11, 2014, 01:04:08 PM »
Last on the show, first on the boards. Can't wait to see what B has to say to this. This isn't very long, but you don't really need to talk someone's ear off - especially if the match is as hyped as this one really is. It feels like an epic, and I think the fact that it's between the two names in red, the guys that will go down as the two of the best ever in SHOOT Project, means that you don't have to have 2500 words to get people hyped as fuck.

The content is great. I think the message board posts about King beating Corazon is a great touch. Not a lot of people will openly admit that their opponent can beat them in their RPs, and that makes this feel honest and real. The history that these two guys had is well documented, so for a first RP this is pretty great stuff. I hope, for selfish reasons, that we get more from a second RP about the match, but no qualms about this one being short.

★★★★

Note: After being told the RP was 1600 words, I want to change this about being "a little short" to saying how Josh writes things to read so quickly. Means I'm entertained and never bored from start to finish.

Support SHOOT Project by visiting our eWtorch database posting here:

"Will your buddy let you fuck a midget in his bed? If the answer is yes, then you know that dude is solid."
"Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily."

Napoleon Bonaparte

Entragian

• Project: SCAR
    • View Profile
Re: Revolution 125: RP Feedback
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2014, 01:23:18 PM »
Just finished reading Corazon's first...and holy shit, Josh came out guns blazing, haha. I think what G might mean is that Josh always has the kind of narrative that just flows along so smoothly that you just ride along through the RP and absolutely none of it is hard to read and you don't have the desire to skip anything. That might give the illusion of it being short when really it's just so well written that you can't help but devour it quickly as a reader. One of my pet peeves is this game is big chunks of text in a RP...I have a hard time mowing through huge paragraph walls of text so I really appreciate when someone breaks down the writing into bite-sized pieces and Josh always does that really well.

The content was incredible...loved the feast or famine theme, he does a great job of building King up and still remaining true to the badass antihero personality that Corazon embodies, shitload of quotable quotes too.

I loved this line...

You don’t get where we’ve been… you don’t do what we’ve done without having that little bit of Kevlar protecting our personalities.

So yeah, damn good RP and I feel like this sets the standard for the quality of work we can expect to see during the MOTM tournament. It's a super competitive eat or be eaten type of tournament...and I always enjoy it because I feel like it pushes everyone involved to do their best work. In the long run it's the readers who win.

J

• Supreme Commander
  • The Brass
    • View Profile
    • http://www.shootproject.com/
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2014, 01:28:35 PM »
You guys are making me blush.  Thank you for the feedback.

SV

• The Artist
  • SHOOT Project Soldiers
  • I hold a mirror against a mirror against a mirror.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2014, 08:54:25 AM »
Was nice to read an Omar RP, it's been years. I can also tell you enjoyed writing it because that was the overall feeling I got from the RP. Glad to have you here man.

Newcomer of the Year 2013.

Omar Owens

• w/ Freak Nasty 1
  • X-REGISTERED
  • A Breath of Fresh Air
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2014, 12:22:28 PM »
Daww...shucks.  Thanks, Sam.  I'm happy to be here, too.

Your feedback sounds like a way to let someone down easy.  "Oh, no, it sure looks like you had fun doing it.  That's great for you."  Haha.

---------------------------------------------------------------

SV

• The Artist
  • SHOOT Project Soldiers
  • I hold a mirror against a mirror against a mirror.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2014, 04:00:26 PM »
Daww...shucks.  Thanks, Sam.  I'm happy to be here, too.

Your feedback sounds like a way to let someone down easy.  "Oh, no, it sure looks like you had fun doing it.  That's great for you."  Haha.

I wanted to say it sucked. But, I like you so I changed it up a little.

Newcomer of the Year 2013.

Jason

• X-REGISTERED
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2014, 10:47:22 PM »
Josh & B:

If this isn't being angled, I do not envy whoever it is that has to pick the better, because damn....

Entragian

• Project: SCAR
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2014, 11:01:51 PM »
^Words of wisdom.

Corazon & King kill bitches dead.

Then they resurrect those dead bitches and kill them again.

B

• Bend the Knee
  • The Brass
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2014, 01:24:30 AM »
Thanks, guys.  It means a lot since it's been months since I did anything RP related.  But regardless of angled or competitive, like I said in the show feedback, I told Josh that I admitted defeat.  He was better to me and I was glad to concede to a truly better writer than me on this cycle.  You know how the saying goes...any given cycle...:p

That said, this is my first time getting to know Omar Owens and Zex and I have to say I'm becoming quite the fan of those two.