October 20, 2017, 10:48:05 PM

Author Topic: Revolution 125 - Feedback  (Read 1471 times)

J

• Supreme Commander
  • The Brass
    • View Profile
    • http://www.shootproject.com/
Revolution 125 - Feedback
« on: June 25, 2014, 04:03:06 PM »
http://www.SHOOTproject.com/revolution/125.html

Boom, kids.  There ya go.  Will try to get bookings up tonight as well.

<3

SV

• The Artist
  • SHOOT Project Soldiers
  • I hold a mirror against a mirror against a mirror.
    • View Profile
Re: Revolution 125 - Feedback
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2014, 08:17:55 PM »
Roleplayer of the Cycle:
Hard choice. But I enjoyed every single word of both the King RPs.

Single best RP of the Cycle:
King's second was awesome
Corazon's first was great too.
Omar did a great job on both as did Tanev.

CD of the Cycle:
Gallows - Entragian.

Match of the Cycle (RP "competitiveness"):
King Vs Corazon.

Match of the Cycle (Written):
The Main Event hands down.

Segment of the Cycle:
It's a toss up between the very, very good segment with Loco/Isaac.

Or, the Tanev segment with the fan. There is a line about how much the autograph meant to the kid, but, you know what I think? That, that interaction meant more to Tanev than it ever could to the child.

I also got a kick out of Dan "Xerxes" Stein's segments this week.

Surprise of the Cycle:
Billy Winter winning some gold and then making his presence felt at the end of the night. I didn't see it coming at all.

Feud of the Cycle:
The Three Scavengers Vs Crippler and Vermonts Finest. This is really starting to heat up.

Story of the Cycle:
Isaac's storyline has been pretty good thus far.
King's return story.
The Jonny story arc.

Heel(s) of the Cycle:
Stein and Winter stepped up as heels this week.

Face(s) of the Cycle:
Tanev. While the character is flawed and broken in many ways, I find him incredibly likeable.

Line of the Cycle:
"Well, I could tell you how I feel about it. But I don’t really want to tell you how I went home and cried myself to sleep because that would be embarrassing, ya know. Me, a grown man lying there in bed on his back staring at the ceiling with his eyes pouring out nothing but salty tears that roll down his delectable face. Yeh, I really don’t want to tell you about that." - Chaos.

Laugh of the Cycle:
Chaos
channelling the Ultimate Warrior in his promo.

Most Improved:
I think O'Reilly had more of a kick in his step this week.

Random Props:
Personally; it was great to read the O2 character again, I know the character is new to everyone else, but I mark out a little.

King's RPs really resonated with me this week.

Stein's opening segment made me laugh, he only just got nudged out on the comedy factor by Chaos...

And to the segment/Match writers. I say it every week but it's true, props are needed in that department, so that the writers know that the work being put in is appreciated.

Anything Else?:
I hope my CD's came out well lol.

Newcomer of the Year 2013.

Brooks

• SHOOT Project Soldiers
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2014, 02:10:59 AM »
Stealing the format of The Zex.

Roleplayer of the Cycle:
I'd say J.

Corazon 2nd

CD of the Cycle:
I dug both Gold Rush Brides.

King Vs Corazon.

TME!

Segment of the Cycle:
Dan Stein was the bomb!

Surprise of the Cycle:
The Carnivorous exploits of Billy Winters

Feud of the Cycle:
Not sure.

Story of the Cycle:
Jonny & Friends.

Heel(s) of the Cycle:
Dan Stein

Face(s) of the Cycle:
Can't be Kale.

Line of the Cycle:
Anything from Dan Stein.

Laugh of the Cycle:
Dan Stein at the top of the show.

Most Improved:
Could be anyone.

Random Props:
Everyone.

G

• G Money Nicholson Jr.
  • SHOOT Project Soldiers
  • I don't hate Tim on Tuesdays or Thursdays
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2014, 10:02:47 AM »
Stealing the format of The Zex.

Roleplayer of the Cycle:
I'd say J.

Corazon 2nd

CD of the Cycle:
I dug both Gold Rush Brides.

King Vs Corazon.

TME!

Segment of the Cycle:
Dan Stein was the bomb!

Surprise of the Cycle:
The Carnivorous exploits of Billy Winters

Feud of the Cycle:
Not sure.

Story of the Cycle:
Jonny & Friends.

Heel(s) of the Cycle:
Dan Stein

Face(s) of the Cycle:
Can't be Kale.

Line of the Cycle:
Anything from Dan Stein.

Laugh of the Cycle:
Dan Stein at the top of the show.

Most Improved:
Could be anyone.

Random Props:
Everyone.

Push this guy to the moon.

Support SHOOT Project by visiting our eWtorch database posting here:

"Will your buddy let you fuck a midget in his bed? If the answer is yes, then you know that dude is solid."
"Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily."

Napoleon Bonaparte

SV

• The Artist
  • SHOOT Project Soldiers
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2014, 10:24:41 AM »

TME!

TME is TMB's evil twin. Thomas Manchester-England.

Trey

• SHOOT Project Soldiers
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2014, 10:51:10 AM »
Liking Dan Stein is automatic grounds for dismissal.

Few quick things.  Stein is really taking over the show and I love it.  Greg actually gets funnier every show and he's doing great things with the SCC.

Winter is an awesome character and his match surprised me, but what suprised me more was getting one over on two old dogs like Corazon and King.  The sky is the limit for this guy.

Corazon/King was an awesome match which I expected.

Quick shout to Ed for giving me an excellent strat.  I do not totally enjoy match writing/feel comfortable in my ability but even had it not been a squash, would have been an easy match to write.

Just a few quick things.  I'll get more as they pop into the head.

Rper of cycle? Josh/B

Match of cycle? Tie Josh/B and Kincaid/Winter

Segment of cycle? Anything featuring Stein/Winter

Also...Dan Stein has Herpes.

Trevor Worrens

• X-REGISTERED
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2014, 12:59:21 PM »
REVOULTION 125 FEEDBACK

Just want to say that outside of the build to Reckoning Day, I think Master of the Mat season can be (and often is) the most exciting time in SHOOT Project. The tournament sees a series of one off matches and in the past these matches have spawned memorable moments and interesting storylines as we all have to react and adapt to the environment. I do like how the tournament is surrounded by existing storylines too as that adds a little bit more to matches that might otherwise be random. So yeah if you've never been a part of SHOOT Project during this historic tournament, then saddle in folks you're in for a treat.

That being said... here's my take on Revolution #125!

Cold Opener (Sky Box Cocky)
Dan Stein is the face of SHOOT Project... not the face the fans want to see, but the face never the less. And why do I say that? Because he defends his title on almost EVERY show, he's been making the rounds and involving himself in a variety of backstage and in ring altercations, and in this show in particular he was pretty much the through line of the night. He's sooooo easy to hate right now and annoying to boot; part cocky heel and part yipping puppy that wants everyone to look at him = obnoxious to the max. And this works well because as the self-proclaimed Golden Boy it would make sense for him to think no matter what he's doing, what tier championship he holds, that he is the center of the SHOOT Project world.

1. *What his consistent and over the top presence hurts (and it's not his fault) is the World Championship picture (and I'll get to that in a bit.)

Lunatikk Crippler vs Jonny Johnson
The stuff Will and Jeff have been doing has been great thus far, and while I know aspects of what's going down with the trio and EAW/Silas, and I THINK I know Jonny's deal, the fact of the matter is I've been known to be duped before and here we all are, WHOLLY convinced that Jonny is behind all of this, which is why at the snap of the fingers I could see Jeff revealing that this is all actually unfortunate coincidence and the Defiler's sincerity is no act. The match/segment was handled well because at first I was like "oh no, a heavy talking start to Revolution... then we get a burst of quick action with the run in, and it paid off.

2. Even though I'm part of the opposing faction, it was great to see EAW and Silas get the upper hand in what is currently SHOOT Project's only CONSISTENT feud.

The Continued Fall of A Monster
I've always been a big fan of portraying a real villain's downfall, so I enjoyed this segment. I know in the past Entragian did some things that were very graphic novel/over the top in terms of violence but the fact of the matter is that that kind of evil doesn't win in the end... ever. Even if you live in infamy your deeds fade and a drunk Entragian wallowing in this segment was great to see. Dude's got nothing left, seriously... and having Loco, the #1 Contender to Maya's World Championship, coming in and showing a touch of compassion does fit the bill in pushing  a moment in time where SHOOT Project seems to be avoiding the darkness yet teetering on the edge of the very abyss as a constant reminder that it is still there. Some sort of mention of Maya or referencing when light battles light, someone is bound to get a little darker might have helped tied this back into the wrestling world, but other than that I definitely got that pretty much at the bottom of the barrel feeling from this one.

Riley, Rogue, Wailer, and Worrens?
Jeff approached me with the idea of doing a segment together, with the idea that Worrens was all anti-establishment before his departure in 2008 and now you have these scavengers with a new breed of anti-establishment chaos, so naturally the boys would figure here's a dude they can recruit. Always like working with Jeff and I obviously wanted to do something on the show prior to my match to get me somewhat connected to the SHOOT Project world, but I didn't want to do much to start as I slowly re-introduce Worrens. I think the segment planted possibilities while also being fine as a standalone failed recruitment attempt.

Shawn O'Reilly vs. Omar Owens
Still getting a feel for both of these characters and hoping as they both build here we see something that stands out and defines them. Both competitors have an old school approach to their promo work which made it a good match up (writing wise), just wondering how tall each one is as if Shawn O'Reilly is the same size or taller sometimes doing the backpack stunner is a difficult and/or awkward looking feat.  O2 picks up the win, which fits (no offense to Shawn but his second promo seemed rushed and didn't do anything to build towards the match) and on top of that O2 does have a connection with being friends with Zex and solidifying his joining SHOOT Project by making a run in save on Revolution 124 so fans are slightly more invested in him now. Wasn't big on how Omar was immediately recognized by the commentators two weeks ago, however, and I feel like it should have been left somewhat confusing but maybe seeing Zex and O2 hug or something in the ring to give us the obvious nod that while we, the SHOOT Project fans don't know O2, obviously Zex does and now we'll hopefully get some follow up. (also would have been nice to see a Zex/O2 interaction on the show this week)

As for Shawn, I dig the old man still wrestling thing and how he seems to transform and throw caution to the wind once a match starts. Hope to see the man evolve from this lost (sometimes losing in the MoTM tournament can spawn even greater stories/feuds.)

The Mystery of Kale Tanev
I'm digging Matt's work overall and his approach to building this new character. You feel sorry for him at times ("not used to anyone talking to me") but then there's this question in the back of your head, how did he hit his low points, what did he do... we still don't have all the pieces so you want to keep reading/watching to hopefully find out. My only gripe is that this story, in my opinion, is made better without Tanev having a championship belt, because with it he's technically important now, he's a champion, so some of the down trodden stuff comes across a bit forced (though as we saw in the apartment promo, material possessions I guess don't always make things right.) Could have done without the sort of contrived NPC dialogue towards the end of the segment (too after school special for my taste) and would have approached it more with maybe the kid walking off with his dad and Tanev hears him say, "Dad I really like him" Then Tanev to himself, "You wouldn't if you knew me kid. I'm no role model... etc. etc."

That being said, Tanev's promo work and in ring ability is really something (which does explain why the boys in charge put a title on him) and shame Eli Storm didn't bring jack or shit to their match this week so congrats to Mr. Tanev for advancing.

The Makings of a Stein/Winter Alliance?
Looks like it from this segment. It doesn't make sense to me, from an ego/heel stand point, but I love it from every other stand point. Greg's great at keeping some humor and lightness about his character while still being able to sort of shove it in our faces that he's kind of a big deal. Billy Winter really has defined himself as a character here in SHOOT as well so I think this was a good way of sort of bringing him into the fold by putting him opposite and alongside a well known name in SHOOT/our circle of past e-feds. Will this lead somewhere? (yes because I've read the whole show) and while I was misled by a Stein/Lazarus segment a bit ago that made me think those two would be feuding (hence why Lazarus lost his title), the fact that Lazarus is now one half of the tag champions and Stein did make mention of showing people how to be a tag team with Winter, maybe we'll see that segment from awhile back pay off.

Eli Storm vs. Kale Tanev (with a focus on Dan Stein stuff)
Already said my bit on the match itself, Tanev brought the goods anyway despite having no opponent really. Props to the match writer here for making it a decent bout to read though regardless of the no show. Not sure if the flow was spot on when it came to Stein having been given ex-lax to being back up in the sky box fairly quickly after, and then down by ringside to attack and essentially put Eli Storm on the shelf (assuming the no show called for it.) Personally would have put the Ex-Lax segment after the match and just flowed right into the impromptu Iron Fist Title match with Winter saying, "Oh and tell Stein he'll want to watch the replay of tonight's show for something other than himself."  Molly begs the question "what do you mean?" To which Winter replies "I'm about to show you... and everyone." Then walks off. That of course is the nit picking writer in me, and from a pure entertainment stand point, Stein doing what he did worked well and showed both sides of Stein in one night which leads us to....

Billy Winter vs. Kincaid (Iron Fist Championship)
Well this title is getting bounced around a lot eh? I dig Winter bringing a more hardcore element into the world of Iron Fist. I know it's always been knockout all along and things are legal, but it seems like the recent past of the IF title has seen it be more honorable...though I could be wrong, I've missed some things along the way. I love Kincaid and I love the possibility of a Kincaid/Winter feud (though I don't think it's going that way based on what happens later in the show) and the way Kincaid lost makes their rematch at Revolution 126 that much sweeter. I want Kincaid to get the title back, but I also don't want the title to keep bouncing at a time when SHOOT Project really needs to solidify its new breed of talent... so I'm torn... but winning that title because of a girl sweeping out your leg is no way to lose said title so in the end I think in this story (however short it may be given again the later events) Kincaid needs to win the title back and Winter rematches and loses (perhaps due to a certain individual keeping him from cheating.) Match itself carried the excitement I've come to enjoy from Iron Fist title matches with that lurking 10 count around every hard hit.

Only thing I hated about this match was Other Guy channeling his inner Batman and Robin script writing when he says "Winter is HERE" Really?  UGH! (hahahaha)

(Side note: LOVE the impromptu match idea and the guys roleplaying in private. Gives the show spontaneity with the option to do so with angles or through actual "competitive" matches)

What About the Chaos Segment?
I didn't forget it. Just wanted to keep the flow with the Stein/Winter stuff. Chaos is weird but in a way (to me) like an improviser who is trying too hard on stage to say weird stuff for the sake of being weird and getting laughs. I still don't know if I like the character or not... everyone else digs him so I think maybe I'm just missing stuff or the character hasn't grown on me just yet. This is nothing against the handler, he's created a polarizing character which is good.

More Dan Stein (Is this guy our world champion?)
So yeah back to the Iron Fist Championship match and its post happening. Obviously if the segments were laid out as I had mentioned, this segment wouldn't have fit the way it did (because chances are Stein would still be in the bathroom.) Content wise this segment was killer, we got the sweet announcement as well as a continued showing of weird ego/respect between Stein and Winter. Would have saved this for maybe an "after the bell" type of CD post on the Epicenter board or after the Worrens/Michaels match where someone catches up with Winter and then Stein interrupts and congratulates him then and then makes the announcement. The only thing that confused me here (need clarification please) is Stein saying at 127 he'll fight the winner of Corazon/King I assume that is supposed to be a tournament match yes? If so, does that mean we're having back to back Corazon/Stein matches one non-tournament and one tournament? Or is this week round 1 (even though its labeled as shut up and fight?) Curious. Either way love Stein's confidence and how it could lead to the Sin City Champion finally biting off more than he can chew.

Trevor Worrens vs. Chris Michaels
Lots of love to Trey for writing this match and for adapting my strat (which was written with the idea that my match would be more back and forth) to fit the no show. Obviously I'm bummed because I wanted more in my first match back and would have liked to have a rousing back and forth with Michaels, but obviously that didn't happen. Am super excited to be paired against Zex next cycle though as Valentine Lionheart was my hands down favorite before SHOOT took a vacation and he's bringing the same level of talent with Zex now.  With this match, I am happy obviously how Worrens's mindset, move set, and focus were all showcased... so again thanks Trey for that.

WHO DONE IT!?
"Fuck off with your hope" is a sweet line, and despite it all Maya is STILL trying to be there for Entragian... and on top of that we have a near murder mystery on our hands. This story is good, and while mystery angles are hit or miss I trust these two to keep a solid story flowing. I've not agreed 100% with some of their dialogue choices throughout this story unfolding, and this week it's the EMTs. EMT 1 would be SO fired for saying what he did (but in reality they would never say that out loud.) Doctors, EMTs, etc may think that about having to save bad people, but they still do their job and try to save even the bad people no matter what they did. So yeah that threw me out of the element and into the whole contrived NPC dialogue thing (NPCs are people too, don't just use them to say EXACTLY what you need them to say to progress a story... comes across too scripted.)

Maya's closing line is as honorable and epic as they come though and that brings me back into this gritty yet silver-lined story between the two.

MAIN EVENT: Adrian Corazon vs. Donovan King
When this match got booked I was like "WTF!?" Because I honestly saw these guys doing the classic, "winning streak comes to an end" somewhere in the tournament. My next thought was, oh somehow both will end up advancing or some weird thing will happen where whoever loses will get a spot back in the tournament some how... because really how can basically your top two names associated with the recent eras of SHOOT not both be more involved in the tournament. But sometimes, you get that shocking moment where a very possible MoTM tournament main event kicks off the whole thing and you read a solid match having NO idea who is going to win. Corazon squeaks out with a win here (though Josh was very much on fire with his work and has been with Corazon as of late) but the obvious shocker in all of this is NEWLY crowned Iron Fist Champion Billy Winter taking BOTH guys down?

HUH?

Talk about instant push here for Winter. New champion and beat up two of the most respected handlers in the game? Who's dick did he suck? JK... though we obviously now see the makings of a possible King/Winter feud (as seen also in the follow up CD post) with Kincaid a very possible/likely 3rd party to be involved.

All in all for the first show heading into the Master of the Mat season, this one sets a tone, establishes some possible stories and will see SHOOT Project Soldiers adapt to winning and losing. There's a lot of talent here and slowly but surely things are falling into place, but I did want to address two overall feedback points/items for discussion.

1. The World Heavyweight Championship picture. Given Stein's presence as Sin City Champion, and Billy Winter's Iron Fist win and taking down of Corazon and King, Maya NEEDS to be doing more and having some sort of focus around his title. His story with Entragian is great, but Maya is the company's WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION. The top dog, and he isn't standing out in a wrestling capacity right now. There was no mention of his impending match with Loco, no follow up on the whole Mephisto thing, so everything is coming across like isolated incidents other than his character development story with Entragian (which is important, don't get me wrong.) You could say that Stein needs to pull back or Winter for that matter (I think Tanev is handling the Rules of Surrender title just fine) but really if the people around the world champion are stepping up... The World Champion NEEDS to step up more. I'm hoping with Entragian seriously hurt that this gives Maya room to really step up now and bring the focus back on the World Title... because as it stands fighting Stein or Winter right now seems to be the bigger deal.

2. Feuds... we need them! Or maybe we don't... but as a reader I want them. Right now the under card featuring Riley/Rogue/Wailer vs. EAW/Silas is our only ACTUAL feud as far as consistent verbal and physical fighting happening show after show. There's been points while watching I thought a feud was developing, but it hasn't. I know its early in the return of SHOOT still, so I'm giving it some leeway but I think now is the time to really start seeing some focused feuds happen.

Cool. That's my feedback and yeah I know tl;dnr but hopefully some of you do because part of the fun of this game for me is not only playing, but talking about what we think did and didn't work (like real wrestling fans you guys!)

G

• G Money Nicholson Jr.
  • SHOOT Project Soldiers
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2014, 01:04:59 PM »
I think that Josh did a good job of explaining why the match for 127 got pushed to 126 in his first RP, but if you haven't read the RPs for this show yet, I understand the confusion.

"Will your buddy let you fuck a midget in his bed? If the answer is yes, then you know that dude is solid."

Napoleon Bonaparte

Trevor Worrens

• X-REGISTERED
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2014, 01:19:08 PM »
No I understand he didn't want to wait... my confusion came from the segment/announcement on the show.

Stein says In 2 weeks he enters the Master of the Mat Tournament (which would be at Revolution 126) and his wording about the winner having a long road ahead of them at Revolution 127 suggested that meant because they'd have to go through Stein to get past round 2 of the tournament. So now at 126 Stein is in a Shut Up and fight match and NOT in a round 1 tournament match, so then I assume you're round 1 match will actually be in 4 weeks then which means it won't be Stein/Corazon in a round 2 match correct?

G

• G Money Nicholson Jr.
  • SHOOT Project Soldiers
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2014, 01:40:32 PM »
Yes. Sorry. I was unclear with that segment because I, too, was confused about what the match would be for.

Napoleon Bonaparte

J

• Supreme Commander
  • The Brass
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2014, 02:52:22 PM »
Yeah, we had to move some stuff around with MotM to accommodate surprises and the odd number of participants we had. 

I was confused why Greg wanted the match, because we were a round 1 match and that would have meant he skipped the play in and round 1 and just went to round 2.  It's all straightened out now though.

Matt

• X-REGISTERED
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2014, 02:54:51 PM »
Random question. Is SHOOT going to "publicly" release any sort of bracket or information about the # of entrants, etc?  I'm more so wondering from an OOC perspective so I can try to appropriately line up Tanev's backstory arc with the rounds of the tournament. 

J

• Supreme Commander
  • The Brass
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2014, 02:57:48 PM »
Yes we will.  Once the first round is over and all the surprises are sprung.

G

• G Money Nicholson Jr.
  • SHOOT Project Soldiers
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2014, 03:04:52 PM »
For the record, and this is entirely on me, the point of the segment in which Stein challenged the winner of the main event was for Stein to put himself in the side of the bracket with the two of them, so that his round 2 match was the match he challenged for.

I didn't make that clear and the message fell short and that's why we are where we are. BUT. I'm happy with the outcome. I hope to beat Josh twice on the way to recapturing the WHC from Maya.

Also, I'll have feedback later tonight and will try to stop posting in this thread frivolously.

Napoleon Bonaparte

SV

• The Artist
  • SHOOT Project Soldiers
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2014, 03:53:50 PM »
We did have a Zex/Omar segment in mind, but time really slipped away for me this week; not to mention a last minute trip to the hospital and in the end it just couldn't be done on time.

As for Masters knowing who Omar was (On the previous show) I simply wanted it to come across like Masters had done his homework on Zex and by proxy knew that Omar was an ex partner of his, which is why OG asked "Who is that?"

Brooks

• SHOOT Project Soldiers
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2014, 04:12:34 PM »
What About the Chaos Segment?
Chaos is weird but in a way (to me) like an improviser who is trying too hard on stage to say weird stuff for the sake of being weird and getting laughs.

Interestingly enough, that's exactly what I'm going for.

Entragian

• Project: SCAR
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2014, 04:12:52 PM »
Roleplayer of the Cycle:
Tie between King & Corazon...those RPs were really fun to read.

Another tie...King's "The Everlasting Obstacle" and Corazon's "Feast or Famine"

CD of the Cycle:
"Goldrush Brides" Part I & II...enjoyed reading about Rain's struggle on the streets and the subsequent meeting of Zex (and Valentine) I think my favorite part of this series was sympathizing with Zex when he just finds the girls in the bar attractive and wants to talk with them like a normal person while Valentine is contemplating ripping them apart and fucking them bloody, lol.

King vs Corazon...when these two write against each other, magic happens.

- King vs Corazon obviously
- I also enjoyed the Omar/O' Reilly and Worrens/Michaels matches. I know we got hit with some no shows but I still enjoyed these matches, felt they did a very good job of establishing new talents and re-establishing returning talents

Segment of the Cycle:
- Tanev's segment was so heart-wrenching, as a face this is a guy that I can easily sympathize with. You can tell how much this single, simple request for an autograph affects Tanev...like he's a person used to being invisible and downtrodden in the past and now he's getting recognition and people are starting to look up to him, interesting seeing how he responds to that.

- Much like Sam I was getting SERIOUS 300 Xerxes vibes from Stein this cycle, so entertaining. Kept expecting him to jump off that litter and scream "NO ONE CAN RESIST MY DIVINE POWER!" before chopping off Leonidas's head with a battle axe. Also getting kind of a Spartacus vibe from Stein's stuff too...keeping it funny and dickbaggy at the same time.

- Also enjoyed Worrens making it clear that he has no intention of joining up with The Scavengers despite past affiliations. Riley as this hothead with a hair-trigger never ceases to amuse me.

Surprise of the Cycle:
Corazon getting the clean win over King. It always surprises me when ANY character in SHOOT gets a clean win over King because he's such a big deal...that's just instant momentum for Corazon as he continues to blaze through MOTM.

Feud of the Cycle:
Scavengers/Vermont's Finest- This one continues to deliver and keep people guessing, plus it's cool to see Wipo involved in a legit feud instead of just getting squashed left and right.

Much like Ed, I feel that we're still very light on feuds. I think things are starting to take shape to rectify that a bit, but I'm a feud addict and I'd like to see more take shape as the next few shows roll through.

Story of the Cycle:
-Jonny's wrist and how he's always conveniently around when the Scavengers attack
-Tanev's continued success and how he comes to terms with his luck turning around
-Stein being heavily involved with everything this show and kind of having his finger on the pulse of all things SHOOT Project

Heel(s) of the Cycle:
-Stein
-Scavengers

We're still kinda light on heels, those roles are there for the taking for those that want them

Face(s) of the Cycle:
- King & Corazon both (Corazon because of the huge win, King because of the awesome return)
- Tanev...he's realistic, he's easy to sympathize with, his story is a story I enjoy following
- Worrens...in this incarnation of SHOOT when I picture Worrens I'm picturing Jake Gyllenhaal from "Prisoners" Someone who is a bit older, a bit wiser, kind of hard-boiled and trying to shake off the anti-establishment stance of the past so that he can pursue a different kind of future 

Line of the Cycle:
"But these guys...  these grinders.  These hardworking, ass-kicking, under the radar WARRIORS...They seem to have a knack for coming through." - The DEFILER

"Jason Riley: Don't EVEN START WITH THE GAY SHIT!  They USED you, man.  US MAN.  Made us their fucking bitches to fuck our little pussies whenever they WANT.  These guys couldn't sign SHIT in two-thousand seven...  You won the world title and what happened?  YOU GOT FUCKED.  They RAPED YOU, dude.  They USED YOU.  FUCK.  THAT.  Don't make us put you on the "other list", man...."

"Dan Stein: Quickly! I have to use the chamber pot!"

Laugh of the Cycle:
Stein channeling the God-King from 300 and Chaos being quirky.

Most Improved:
I think everyone consistently improved this cycle, characters just getting better and better.

Random Props:

- Logging in and seeing a King RP makes my day...it's like picking up a familiar book that you love and finding entirely new stories within

- I'm really excited for Worrens entering into MOTM...he and Tanev are my favorites to win the whole thing and I HOPE the two of them face off in the tournament

-Kudos to both Josh & B for co-writing a really enjoyable main event that had the big match feel

-My biggest critique right now....we need heels and we need feuds. SHOOT seems to have a ton of faces but only a small handful of heels. In order for really gritty and epic feuds to take shape, I think heels are kind of a necessity for that to happen...because as much fun as face vs face can be, it loses luster after awhile. I think the feuds will start taking shape after we reach a consistent heel/face ratio in SHOOT.

We have some tremendous writers in SHOOT, and if you have the extra time or desire for a secondary character...this is your chance to create a new heel. Take advantage of that. Trust me, writing a heel is extremely cathartic and fun...so much freedom involved with just breaking bad via your writing ;]

weemutabi

• X-REGISTERED
    • View Profile
    • Official Twitter
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2014, 04:45:13 PM »
(no offense to Shawn but his second promo seemed rushed and didn't do anything to build towards the match)

Absolutely none taken, and you hit the nail on the head. The promo was rushed. As soon as I posted, I thought, O fuck, does that suck ass. But I posted it, and wasn't gonna take it back down. But, no excuses. First to last, O2 deserved the win.

This place sets the highest standard in all e-fedding, and I'll bust ass to earn my keep here.

Congrats on the win, O2. It was a pleasure.
I'm tryin' to think but nothin' happens

Trevor Worrens

• X-REGISTERED
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2014, 07:05:19 PM »
And that's why you'll make it here my friend. You role with criticisms and instead of freaking out or reading something the wrong way, sounds like you're already planning on stepping it up and evolving as a character in ring and a writer IRL.

I look forward to your continued work man and it will definitely be interesting to see how the old Irishman bounces back.

B

• Bend the Knee
  • The Brass
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2014, 01:22:09 AM »
Real quick, I played no role in writing the main event.  Josh blew it the hell away and wrote the whole thing.  I IMed him right around deadline and told him flat out that he smoked me, which I can't really remember the last time I've been the one to make the call that I was beaten full stop.  I know that sounds egotistical and I'm sorry but I just don't know a better way to word that.  I was beaten flat out and congratulations to that glorious man I call brother.  Since I'm taking a more active role in administrative and match decisions, I look forward to seeing how this tournament goes.  Keep in mind also folks that the "play in" matches and the brackets themselves are all really really randomized, so don't read into it if you landed in a "play in" match.

Either way, I'm going to take the next show cycle and learn about the new talents and the cards to get re-acclimated to these enormously talented writers.  I've missed working with all of you.

Except Billy Winter.

Fuck that guy.

Entragian

• Project: SCAR
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2014, 12:30:13 AM »
Except Billy Winter.

Fuck that guy.

That dude seems like a real douchecanoe if you ask me...

xiv

• B once fired a guy for me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2014, 11:10:17 AM »
Dig the cold opening with Stein.  Love the obnoxious dickbaggy Stein.  Cranked up to 11.

I liked the leaking of the news of the Defiler’s rumored forfeit.  Especially with Jonny there was STILL a seed of doubt.  Like…  yeah… OF COURSE Jonny’s telling the truth.  I can never be sure how legit the Defiler is being.  Like even his compliments of the people who’ve succeeded comes off backhanded.  the traditional “Main event draw” line had me smirking.  as well as “These grinders.  These hardworking ass-kicking, under the radar WARRIORS…” 

So Jonny forfeits.  Riley, Rogue, and Wailer attack.  VF makes the save and this is a nice feud a brewing!

Cool interaction with the misfits and Worrens.  BTW.  Jason Riley may be the most face slappable character I’ve come across in a while.  Its impressive to come up with a character who is annoying enough that I want to see his ass kicked.  I want him to be TCHA’d into oblivion.

Solid match between Owens and O’Reilly.  Interested in seeing more from these two.

More Stein is fine.  (see what I did there?)  And the mutual admiration society with Winter is interesting. 

Tanev keeps rolling.  Also intrigued by his segment interaction with the fan where he told the kid not to look up to him.  Intrigued to see the layers of that onion continued to be pulled back. 

Impromptu IF Title Match?!  SCORE!   Really good.  Winter showing a vicious streak AND having Perky Tits out there helping get a douchebaggy win works.  Hopefully this leads to a rematch.

Worrens wins and moves on. 

Entragian is circling the drain.  Maya is trying to keep it from happening.  I tend to agree that an EMT probably wouldn’t be like “lets let him die”, but there is a certain level of weight knowing what Isaac has done to this place.  Reminds me an episode of ER where Mark Green ends up in an elevator with a heinous human being who goes into cardiac arrest.  Mark fires the paddles, but  not on the patient as the patient realizes Mark is letting him die.  Powerful scene. /tangent

Main event time.  Definitely the match I was looking forward to most.  Great stuff on the boards from these two and the match delivered.  Great physicality and intensity.  Definitely felt like a big match.  Huge win for Corazon moving forward.  Then? Winter is Coming!  He lays out Corazon AND King?!  Damn that’s helluva way to cap off your night of hanging with Stein.  Winning the Iron Fist title.  Lay out two of SHOOT Most Elite-iest. 

Good show.  Think we’re hitting a stride with some story telling. I feel like we’ve had a ton of title changes so far (i believe every show so far)  Certainly keeping things interesting and everyone needs to be on their toes!

HotShot

• X-REGISTERED
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2014, 01:05:04 PM »
Sorry I no-showed. 

I have four kids and one of them broke his foot. 

Shit happens, obviously I'd have never signed up if I thought I wasn't going to show. 

Maybe I'll try again some time.  Sorry fellas.

J

• Supreme Commander
  • The Brass
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2014, 01:15:25 PM »
No worries, man.  Kids > eFedding any day.