August 18, 2017, 10:25:07 AM

Author Topic: Revolution 126 - Feedback  (Read 1885 times)

J

• Supreme Commander
  • The Brass
    • View Profile
    • http://www.shootproject.com/
Revolution 126 - Feedback
« on: July 09, 2014, 08:05:08 PM »
Aiden Miles Vs. Rocky Stellar notwithstanding, Revolution is now LIVE.  Miles Vs. Stellar will be patched into the show's feed at a later date.

You can find REVOLUTION 126 HERE

--

Let us know what you thought, guys.

DrezzyF2T

• SHOOT Project Soldiers
  • Life. Deal. Rock.
    • View Profile
Re: Revolution 126 - Feedback
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2014, 08:10:21 PM »
Page not found.

*"Behind the Scenes" graphic by Sam Valentine
*Corey Lazarus banner by Ben Duke

J

• Supreme Commander
  • The Brass
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2014, 08:23:56 PM »
Technical difficulties.  It'll be back soon.

J

• Supreme Commander
  • The Brass
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2014, 08:31:27 PM »
Should be good now.

Trevor Worrens

• X-REGISTERED
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2014, 12:16:39 AM »
REVOLUTION 126 FEEDBACK

126 comes with a lot to digest, most of it good, some of it unfortunately falls short though due to segment placement issues (IMO) with a little TOO much going on in the ring. Of course, it IS Master of the Mat season which tends to get people hyped up, so I do understand somewhat the influx of segments this week, but I think as a whole every individual needs to think about the big picture of how or if a segment will fit into a show and if it does or doesn't serve a real purpose to enhancing what's happening on that given card. Segment placement is on the staff who puts the shows together, sure, but the content of those segments and purpose is on the writers and maybe a little more communication on that end would help a great deal in seeing everyone get the most out of each episode of Revolution.

Sending staff the general idea/location of your segment a couple days before segment deadline might help a lot too so that others could go "hey staff, how we looking on in ring segments" and if staff goes "oh we have 4 already" then that way a writer who was thinking of doing an in ring can maybe go a different route or just holding off if it doesn't NEED to be on that specific show.  Just some thoughts as there were some really good things unfolding this week that just got lost in the anarchy caused by too much with too little result.

Just some constructive criticism at the top... now let's get to the meat and potatoes of this edition and all it contained.

Zex and Friends kick off Revolution
The pre-opening segment featuring the friends from another fed Zex, Omar, and now Aiden Miles is the segment I was hoping for at Revolution 125, so I'm glad we at least got it now to give people who are new to these three a chance to sort of see them interacting as obviously close friends breaking into a new wrestling world. Not entirely sure this fits as a cold opener to the show as these are all relatively new faces and in hooking your crowd the cold opener is usually reserved for bigger/well known names. However, this segment COULD have fit this cold opener spot if Zex had simply used some of the time to hype the night's "main event" (why I used quotes to be explained later) a little more than Omar just saying "I should stick around for Zex's match." Just little touches like Zex starting out really focused maybe addressing the camera and the viewers directly but then Omar and Freak kind of interrupt on accident, the Miles accidentally walks in and they all start chatting, kind of losing the focus then do the wishing each other good luck and leaving Zex to end strong and take us into the opening credits.

Final verdict: Right idea and great development of these 3 and their relationship for those of us who don't know them. Just fell a little short as a cold opener to bring us into the night.

Respect and Uncertainty
All different levels of tension in this one which made for a good dynamic. Enjoyed the more friendly competition tension between Anarchy and Crippler changing into animosity with Anarchy and Jonny and then a weird uncertainty between Crippler and Jonny. Jonny trying to find common ground with Crippler with calling Anarchy assholes was amusing, but I think what I like most is Crippler's approach to this. A lot of times when a wrestler's true intensions are obscure its common place to just automatically play the whole "you're not fooling me I know you're a bad guy" card... but the way Crippler talks to and handles Jonny is very real and organic which I enjoyed. I'm still on the fence about which way I think Jonny is going in all of this too just because I've known Jeff too long (aka my whole life) so sometimes he'll push one idea just because it keeps you from thinking he'll go another route. This time around it's such a thin line of respect and dick-baggery with Jonny's line about being a tag team champion and about the human holding it... but then the outburst of "If I wanted you to be down you'd BE. DOWN" definitely had Jonny feeling more heel this show.

Final verdict: Will, Jeff, and Scott created a very in the moment, story enhancing, realistic wrestling show segment and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I Also liked that this continues as a direct follow up to Rev 125 which I think we need more of from people. Past couple of shows everything has felt self contained outside of a few threads spindling their way across each show.

Contender and Champion FINALLY IN THE SAME ROOM TOGETHER OMG!!!!!!!
This should have been the cold opener! Add a little bit more of a build up at the start explaining Master of the Mat and the stresses and how one man doesn't have to think about the tournament, but he does have the WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP looming in the distance then go into Loco walking down the hallowed halls of the Epicenter and boom Loco and Maya, high profile names meeting up to hook us right from the start. Loco saying how he'll settle for awkward over what friends battling for the championship has done to people in the past was a great approach and Maya promising to make a difference is very true to the character who seems unwavering in all of this.

Final verdict: Purposeful segment that finally puts a focus on Loco/Maya. This was much needed as Maya holds THE SHOOT Project World Heavyweight Championship and as such he (and his opponents) should always be one of the main focuses on every show.

IRON FIST CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH: Billy Winter vs. Kincaid
SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Disappointed. Kincaid, the man I rallied to be World Champion, loses the Iron Fist title two weeks ago in a surprise match. Then, in a rematch that SHOULD have been a show stealer and allowed us to see winter and Kincaid go head to head in promos, we get 1 promo from Winter and nothing from the man who even said, "Lots to say this week." UGH. I mean Winter carries this in more ways than one and I guess the rightful man holds the championship title now.  Winter/King is a nice feud developing and I like that it came across super random at Revolution 125 to give us that "WTF" moment and now Winter is slowly making it all make sense.  I was surprised by the trap too because I totally forgot about the random pairing of Winter and Blair and didn't think that would come back.

Final verdict: Terrible build to the rematch, decent match itself despite the overall one sidedness of the affair, great post match story and ooh... WRESTLING FEUD!. Only issue, corny Lion King analogy... could have done without that.

Backstage with Trey
I was surprised to see Jason Johnson as usually he only shows up to make epic announcements and such. That being said it DID make sense because Trey wants a World Title shot and you really can't go to anyone else regarding that. Trey Willett has literally gone from totally off my radar to almost dead center of it and his claim to the title shot is... well very logical which makes it hard to argue, but Jason is the boss and does what wrestling bosses do, doesn't really give an answer and vaguely threatens Trey. Ooh but mystery at the end... WHAT, pray tell is the favor?

Final verdict: Pretty solid segment. Helped to keep an interest on the World Heavyweight Championship  and builds up Trey Willett not settling and his whole "I'm the company not the head nodding company man." Short, concise, and sets something up hopefully that continues on Revolution 127.

Interview with Trevor Worrens
I've had fun writing as Trevor Worrens again (As brief as it was... to be touched on later) and this segment was basically a last word/main event hype deal setting up how important this round 1 match, and tournament as a whole, was to Worrens. Obviously I had a plan of attack and focus with the Worrens character and I liked where I could have possibly gone with him this time around.

Random Encounters: Shawn O'Reilly and Corey Lazarus
This was one of those "right idea" segments that for maximum impact could have had its elements a little more finely tuned to fit the overall scheme of things. A returning Laz could have just walked by O'Reilly, did a double take and without even mentioning an unknown name to the SHOOT-iverse he could have just been geeking out over O'Reilly and the small world factor of the guy who got him into wrestling now being in SHOOT with him. Then instead of talking on the phone, (since Crippler is in the building) Crippler shows up there in person and let them have their head to head in front of O'Reilly who is now this old man caught between a young blood scuffle for a touch of comic relief.

Final verdict: IF O'Reilly and Lazarus is leading to something, then I'm fine with this segment. However I've noticed a rash of people doing these one off meet ups that go nowhere and it just leaves me scratching my head. Segment does establish that maybe the new tag champs aren't totally on the same page but outside of that the purpose of this one is a little on lacking side of the spectrum.

SPOILER ALERT:
Old Man Stellar is back apparently having been writing under the moniker of "Captain Enigma" accept the match didn't air and the breaking news gave away the mystery man's name.  Oops.

Maya To Fight Tonight
I was excited about this segment because given the Trey Willett segment earlier in the night I had a very good feeling about the impromptu match I thought WAS going to happen. I'll get into the pay off of this segment later and keep my feedback to just this segment which was again it keeps Maya in the spotlight as this respectful, upstanding champion and also away from his melodramas outside of the ring (I'm fine with him having both but too much of one and not enough of the other creates a weird imbalance)

Final Verdict: Good segment setting up for something obviously, but given the franticness of this Backstage attendant, he comes across like he's been running around all night. That being said I would have had several of these throughout the night to give the show an overall theme/through line and eliminated some of the less Revolution 126 specific segments and moved those to Revolution 127.

Okay You Win Chaos
Oddly enough this was the only in ring segment that I felt belonged in ring and was placed properly. I'm seeing a defined character taking shape... and I'm getting into it. Unless I've created my own belief of this character, I'm seeing him as this insane guy who when having to talk regularly can't make heads or tail of life, but then channels this spoken word/rap and makes sense of it all. To me that's different, fun, and certainly something that can make waves here in SHOOT. Would have liked to see someone else come out and help cement something feud wise with Chaos (a heel would come out I assume, though Chaos could be a heel with the same gimmick too)

Final Verdict: Let's get this boy a program of sorts to work into. The only thing I would have done differently is had Eryk Masters and Other Guy say something to give us a better transition from Chaos leaving the ring and the next match starting. Something along the lines of,

Other Guy: We got Loco and Lunatikk set for action in just mere seconds... but I think we were treated to a Loco Lunatic mere seconds ago, Eryk.

Eryk Masters: SHOOT Project has never been short on unique personalities, that's for sure.

Then match.

Lunatikk Crippler vs. Loco Martinez
While I'm not sure why this match was added to the card, but I'm always good with two talented writers facing off. Definitely made sense for Other Guy to refer to this one as having a big match feel, and I agree as even though they only did one promo a piece, both Loco and LC got me hyped (though honestly I would have saved this match for a little later down the line, especially with how things are developing now.) The match flowed nicely and was definitely your classic back and forth friendly competition match so kudos to (Scott?) for capturing the spirit of this one both in the physical action and through commentary.

Final Verdict: Definitely would love to see these two battle it out with higher stakes involved, or at a time where the match fit in a little more.  HOWEVER this show did need a little more star power when it came to the match line up, so at the end of the day I'm okay with it being added here for that reason alone.

Zex and Entragian?
This segment made zero sense to me. I was very confused by it, especially because earlier Maya was like Issac should be okay, he lost a lot of blood but he'll be alright... so it sounded like Issac should have still be in the hospital. Obviously by the end of Revolution 126 we know he returns, but then this segment throws off that shocking moment too by revealing Entragian is there and having someone talk to him. Also this is Zex's second appearance on the show now and still not a SINGLE mention of his main event match up from his lips, not to mention the way he talks in this segment just doesn't feel like the Zex character at all.

Final Verdict: Didn't come across like a very well thought out or planned segment and it really took me out of the show. I don't feel this one served a purpose and it felt like it belonged on Revolution 125 not this show.

Dade Davis vs. Trey Willett
It's always hit when a new face shows up into a well established organization, and while I was rooting for Trey in this one, Dade Davis grabbed my attention and earned a bit of my respect this show rotation with this line from his promo work: 

"SHOOT truly looks like it is a great, valuable organization. But things exist too outside this bubble. Things exist outside of your eye line. If you truly knew as much as you want to think you know, you'd recognized that how this industry truly exits is more widespread than any of us are capable of acknowledging truly. You may be the SHOOT project. But that doesn't make you untouchable."

Trey hit hard to start but Dade didn't back down and kind of turned the stigma of being a new face on its ear by saying, dudes there's a whole world out there. That line and Trey's work this week really hyped me for this and created a nice little sleeper match. Hopefully Dade Davis sticks around and wasn't a one and done free agent. Trey's victory was well deserved and fits in a storyline perspective as well, and the key to Davis from here on out is to be able to integrate both his previous world and this world without alienating. Absorb the SHOOT Project world, find a way to become a part of it while still telling your story.

Final Verdict: I enjoyed their back and forth (even though Davis didn't get to his second) and this match actually made me want to see more. I'd enjoy a short Dade vs. Trey program somewhere after MoTM or maybe even as a story in between tournament rounds. Good work from both.

Tanev Changes His Tune
While I liked the message and story building component of this segment, it didn't fit as an in ring piece (especially because it was followed by another in ring piece.) In envisioning Kale deliver this inspirational message it comes across as something that should have been pre-recorded with a location backdrop that enhanced his words. Being out on the streets maybe and talking while facing away from the camera until he promises to do better. So yeah definitely felt like a video promo or even something that could have been done in a CD (Creative Development) posted at the same time Revolution 126 went on the air with Tanev maybe saying something like, "I don't deserve to be on Revolution tonight but this needed to be said" and then go into his spiel.

Final Verdict: Liked the concept and the continued development of Tanev, did not think this segment fit on the show in the way it was done up.

Buck Dresden Enters the Master of the Mat Tournament
This could have been SOOO money if it would have been utilized as a post match happening following The Stein/Corazon match. Having it right before the match and not having Masters or Other Guy reference it during i.e., "If Stein beats Corazon tonight, Buck might be thinking he picked the wrong person to fight in the tournament" as well as having it right after another in ring segment that doesn't transition well into it at all kind of made it feel out of place and didn't have the same impact.

I'm laughing hardcore though at the idea of Stein being beaten by Corazon, laying out in the ring, groggy as all hell then to make matters worse he comes Buck Fucking Dresden to rain more on Stein's already dampened parade.

Final Verdict: Dresden's return works, sets up for Revolution 127 and keeps the Master of the Mat tournament in focus but this segment would have fit SOOOO much better as a post match happening.

Dan Stein vs. Adrian Corazon
On paper this one should have been a tear the house down and steal the show match up, but this one came across a little on the underwhelming side. Maybe I got hyped too much in my own mind, in which case how the match read to me is solely on me.  Going back and re-reading spots as I type feedback it does fit nicely as a first encounter match and leaves the door open for them going harder and being more action packed in possible future encounters though... so if THAT was the approach then I can feel that for sure. Part of me REALLY wanted Stein to eeek out a victory in this one just to add to his already over the top arrogance, but having Corazon kind of take him down a notch does fit, ESPECIALLY after the Stein in Toga show we had at Revolution 125.

Final Verdict: Good television match up that I probably wanted to be more Pay Per View in quality but have to realize that there is a very possible chance these two end up facing off in the tournament at some juncture. Right guy got the win in the long run, but could have seen solid story potential from either outcome.

Solomon Richards Returns
I'm not familiar with this guy so not sure if this was supposed to be a bigger deal than it was... but it fell short in my eyes. I would have liked to see this a little more connected to the current happenings in SHOOT Project; mentioning Kale Tanev would have set up an instant feud. Also I don't think I would have put this segment on this show maybe done a CD promo video to start or just kind of get a feel for what's happening and set up something big/more impacting for Revolution 127. I've never been a proponent of the "I'm back" segment unless it's part of something more

Final verdict: Solomon's return sets up a potential solid first real feud for Kale Tanev but this was lackluster and didn't accomplish much.  A little more thought goes a long way in wrestling and writing. Take a minute, evaluate, and figure out the best way to maximize your impact.

Wailer and Worrens
Planting seeds of doubt to keep the "main event" hyped and intriguing... and more so keeping it worthy of the main event slot (though I appreciated having one more dance in that spotlight).

Zex vs. Trevor Worrens
Oh man... prior to SHOOT's vacation I was an active fan and was huge into Valentine Lionheart. So when I learned Sam was also the handler behind Zex I knew I was going to have a fun time writing against him. I'm glad Jeff picked up this match as he's really led the way in writing matches that FEEL like you're watching them, and he takes what writers writer as characters and translates that into physical action (which helps create another level to this game of ours.) So thanks to Jeff for writing a solid match up that I think was very worthy of a television show main event and I'd like to think Sam and I did our part in inspiring him to write said match.

Obviously I'm a bit on the down side as to how it ended, because no matter how much wins and losses don't ultimately matter this time around the loss did matter because I was only here for the tournament and now... now I'm not in the tournament anymore, nor did I really have any time to develop a feud or any cool story (as the tournament was my story.) Really was pushing out the best I could, but clearly I wasn't "best" enough in this one. Congratulations to Sam though, I hope to see the Zex character get more developed as he moves on in the tournament as I do enjoy him, but he feels a little less put together when compared to your work with Valentine.

The ending also sets up a great moral struggle for the respect/friendship driven Zex as he chose victory over honesty and made for a great closing moment to the show...

OH BUT NO ITS NOT THE END

Maya vs. The World (of nobodies)
I don't understand the point of the match Maya got booked into... how he got booked into it... and why we didn't get Maya vs. Trey Willett as the impromptu match (also the attendant said you have a match soon to Maya, but this was not soon by any stretch) so the build up to this didn't fit... having a bunch of nobodies after a really impactful Master of the Mat tournament match main event didn't do anything for me as a reader/fan... and honestly Entragian coming back so soon just felt super rushed and lost a lot of the impact it COULD have had.

I get that this was placed at the end of the show because Entragian is a good guy now... but again with zero build that's a wasted reveal and if you were going to do this on this show maybe have it happen mid-way through... Maya gets booked in a 3 on 1 and maybe barely squeaks out of it. Then Revolution 127 it's like 5 on 1... DQ ending with Maya winning but after getting hit a bunch with chairs or something... then Revolution 128 10 on 1... everyone is like what the fuck.... has the board turned their backs on the pillar of hope... THEN Entragian shows up as the supposed 10th man but he clears the ring of the other 9 and shakes hands with Maya.

What was done... just felt lazy, sloppy, and rushed. Even something as little as communication with other writers could have made this fit a little better (no Zex segment with Entragian, more looking for Maya throughout the night... let main event writer know that the main event isn't the actual main event) I mean I understand the element of surprise, but sometimes you have to think big picture and overall product... otherwise cool ideas can come across pretty bad.

FINAL THOUGHTS:
Revolution 126 had a lot of potential and right idea moments, and we're seeing some really cool things develop. I think there needs to be more communication amongst writers and an understanding of how to get the most out of your character (writing with purpose not just for the sake of doing something.)

After this show, obviously I'm returning to my status as a fan of SHOOT, and even though I'm not competing anymore due to Worrens's elimination from the Master of the Mat tournament, I'll still be reading and leaving feedback.

Thanks for the time here guys, shorter than I expected, but it was fun and got the creative juices flowing again.

Rocky Stellar

• X-REGISTERED
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2014, 05:36:06 AM »
Awww...  :-\

Jonny

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2014, 06:49:43 AM »
Ooooooh lordy.

Sorry I didn't pop in last show for feedback.  I have these windows of writing time and if I accidentally do something else, gaaaaaame over.

Anyway, I'll do what I usually do and chat about the things that stood out in one way or another.  If I forget to chat about something you did and you wanted some thoughts on it, or you have follow-up questions to anything, you can always ask or send me a PM too.  I'm into both wrestling and writing so I can chat eFeding alllll day.

SO HERE IT IS

- Kind of touching on what Ed said about somethings, I WILL SAY, as a whole, Revolution 126 felt like a lot of people took "we need more feuds" to heart and just said FUCK IT LETS GO GET FEUDS GUYS without maybe considering that everyone else would be saying/thinking/doing the same thing.  I stopped trying to read Revolution as a "coherent piece" years ago.  To me, it's a summation of the universe we create.  Like, we're all in the role of a "God" who took on a different section of the planet... and we share duties of telling everyone "How it all happened"...  but we take turns telling the stories so sometimes they seem disjointed...  sometimes they seem like they exist in alternate worlds altogether, but it's all with the same theme and "forward moving purpose"

Is it POSSIBLE to streamline a card and micromanage segments to a point where each episode of Revolution tells a fascinating, piece by piece story of WRESTLING?  Yeah sure.  But those cards last 2-3 weeks before each person putting them together has a nervous breakdown and you never see them again.  It happened to Me...  to Ed to Tim to Josh, Greg, etc etc.  Also, it may be I've softened in my old age, but I realize that everyone has their own ideas of where their characters fit in this world.  The great writers in this hobby make you want to read more, regardless, and can make their time on any card, suck you into whatever they're doing, whenever they're doing it.

Also to Ed's point, we probably COULD communicate bigger moments a little bit better, but again, does it matter?  If you're motivated to write something...  It's probably cooler to be able to create something and do it than worry about whether or not someone else had the same idea.  THAT SAID, again, the best writers DO tend to consider this stuff and DO chat with the people they need to chat with and DO think about where other things fall in the card, and DO have a sense of story progression, etc etc.  I think we can always push ourselves, but every once in a while, it's really a matter of "do we want to?"

No one remembers single shows in eWrestling.  Or at least I don't.  You remember moments.  You're like "OH REMEMBER WHEN THIS GUY DID THIs AND IT WAS CRAZZZZY???!?! OMG SO COOL" not...  "Remember how well structured Revolution 103 was?"

For SHOOT to stay open, Revolution probably needs to be more like this.  You write what you want to write.  The staff puts it on the show.  We chat about it and move on with our stories.  (I STILL think we need to change bookings to have only 3-4 matches pre booked and let people figure out the rest to push their characters, BUT THATS FOR ANOTHER DAY)

Okay.  Cool.  So that's all out of the way.  I will avoid commenting on "well that seemed out of place" from here out.  :)

- I enjoyed the character development with Zex and his pals from places NOT SHOOT.  The dynamic felt fresh and I'm genuinely excited for the characters to grow.  Would I personally maybe have added more about the match and gotten a little more specific than a blurb to break it up at the end?  Sure.  But that's me as a writer who enjoys how stories bleed into each other...  As a READER, do I NEED to be "hyped" into something I can scroll down at any second to see, though?  No.  I'm glad to see the new folks get their time to shine and I can't wait to see these guys BECOME THE NEXT VALENTINE LIONHEART.

- Always a joy to work with Scott, and it's been fun being able to work with Will for the first time in my life.

- Agreed with Ed about Loco/Maya being a GREAT choice for cold opener, but it's just a GREAT segment.  It's a BRILLIANT feud dynamic and was really the "kick start" this program deserves.  I think Loco did a great job in a difficult role.  You like the guy you're fighting.  You respect him...  but you really want to be World Champ.  Drew's work with Maya has created a wonderful new dynamic for the organization to work with.  Great, great stuff.

- Kincaid's a phenomenal writer, but you learn very very quickly in eWrestling that some guys just AREN'T cut out for the long haul.  They're the equivalent to Low Ki/Paul London.  I didn't expect his stay to last, but I'm glad that it opened us to this new feeeeeeud a brewin between new fella Billy Winter and my greatest writing nemesis of all history, Brandon's DONOVAN KING.  Brandon and I have a passion for feuding with the alts of our old friends so this has a special place in my heart and will no doubt be a spectacle.  Interesting to see King have to deal with "the young, brash Soldier TRY'NA make a name for himself".  TABLES = TURNED.  Blair's a really cool character concept as well that I am excited to see Josh role with.

- Trey's segment may be my weird darkhorse candidate for segment of the night.  It was succinct, interesting and well timed/placed.  Color me intrigued, sir.

- Worrens has always been an intriguing character concept that I don't think Ed's properly had the time to develop.  I don't know if he's WORKING THE FANS, but I was hoping he'd stick around with him more.   He's a very cool shade of grey imo and can work really well in this version of SHOOT that FINALLY has its share of white to go with black.

- I hope to see Laz/Crip continue to play off this dynamic they've created.  We have a lot of established/cohesive units vying for potential tag team gold, so it's actually INTERESTING to see the reverse...  as opposed to a lot of situations where you have the "odd couple" teams, being pitted against jobbers and even odder couples.  This could be very very good.  Crip and Laz also couldn't have any more distinctly different wrestling personalities.  Crip breathes it...  Laz... does it for fun when Paul Giamatti doesn't want to hang out.

- OH CHAOS.  Hahahaha.  I'm way into it.

- MATCHES OF NOTE: Scott, great job with your match, man.  I think it served a nice purpose of changing up the pace of the show and gave Loco a nice little bump heading down the road to MOTM.   This was well executed.  I agree with Ed's point about Corazon/Stein being a good "first time".  It's concluded enough that you don't NEED a follow-up, but it's also left enough to be desired to see a longer program/match from these guys.  The loss doesn't hurt Stein in the slightest and Corazon is looking REEEEEAL PRETTY THESE DAYS.

- Side note, as I don't often comment on my own stuff...  Sam and Ed write THE BEST STRATS.  Match writing dream.  And thanks for letting me work with both of you.  <3

LAST BUT NOT LEAST

"THE MAYA/ISAAC STORY"

This had been a pretty brilliantly crafted story since SHOOT reopened, but for whatever reason, you got the sense a few shows in that things were being horribly rushed.  I tried to ignore it the few times leading up to 126, but it just...  I don't know.  I don't know what goes through other people's minds and it might just be that I'm REAAAALLLY into slow burn stories so much that it makes everything else feel real fast.

But to me, this is the unfortunate pairing of two AMAZING WRITERS who, for whatever reason, wanted to get to the end.  And on this end, it was a waste of a great idea.

I've forever been avidly against the use of "ARTIFICIAL CHARACTERS" as a means of putting over eWrestling stories.  "OH MY LORD THE MONSTER JUST BEAT HAROLD BRAUNER AND GREG TYLER!"  THOSE GUYS WERE THE TAG CHAMPS OF THE YFW!!!

What?  Who?

There are TONS of writers in SHOOT who have created TONS of characters with whom we are all emotionally invested.  Guys, WHAT happened that you needed to use obscure roster members of "feds" that haven't been touched on since SHOOT closed, and even then, EXTREMELY minimally.

On top of that, we have a loose idea that this was some sort of "evil authority play?" in a fed that pretty much prides itself on VERY LITTLE authority?

This does not feel like Drew or Jeremy's idea/work at all.  These are the same guys that told the SCAR story over...  what...  almost a year?

It's jarring how different this segment came across.  And I'm not going to use hyperbole and say it was bad, but for all the work these two were putting into create some really subtle nuiances...  it's just...

It's too different.

Isaac going FULL FACE could have EASILY been a MotM moment...  and it's still important.  I just think, instead of the face turn and the story, for whatever reason, the people involved (and i feel like there's a third party at work here) were more interested in getting to whatever the next part is.  (Which I think was influenced by people saying in feedback last week: WE NEED MORE STORIES/FEUDS)

I wish there was anything I liked about this because I genuinely LOVE the Maya and Isaac characters, but this was well well wellllll below what I feel they're capable of.

FINAL NOTE:

In terms of the show "IN THIS MOMENT", this didn't feel as cool or as good as the last few weeks worth of work.  HOWEVER, I have a feeling that by the time we're at MOTM and beyond, this will end up having been a very important show.  We got some returns out of the way, and I'll get over the 10 vs 1 pretty soon :)

IM SORRY DREW AND JEREMY FOR NOT LIKING SOMETHING YOU WERE INVOLVED IN I FEEL I HAVE SINNED I ALWAYS LOVE U

SV

• The Artist
  • SHOOT Project Soldiers
  • I hold a mirror against a mirror against a mirror.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2014, 08:11:49 AM »
Roleplayer of the Cycle:
Both Corazon and Stein put out some really good work this week. I enjoyed facing Worrens. I feel Trey and Davis also deserve a shout out in this category.

Single best RP of the Cycle:
Both of Corazon’s tied. These two RP’s helped solidify Corazon’s current predicament, which is that of the loner in desperate need of someone or something; and that SHOOT Project is really all he has left.

CD of the Cycle:
Winter, Omar, Loco and Tanev. I enjoyed each CD as much as the other and all of them had very differing feels to them. With Winter and Tanev being darker, but still very different and Loco and Omar taking the lighter route.

Match of the Cycle (RP "competitiveness"):
Stein Vs Corazon.
Davis Vs Trey.

All four of these guys went at it this week.

Match of the Cycle (Written):
Loco Vs Crip. The match was exactly what it needed to be and it fit in very well with the story told in the RPs.

I've already spoken to Jeff about the Zex/Worrens match. But Jeff always has a way of making matches mean something, be it the commentary or the content itself. I loved the set up to the punchline, where you have this security, you have the announcers talk about not wanting a "Wank-Ending" and yet, it still happened.

Segment of the Cycle:
Crippler/Anarchy/Jonny:
Anytime you get Jonny in a segment with face characters, you get something special. It seems that no matter who is is talking to there is always that awkward chemistry. I'm totally into it.

Billy/King/Blair:
Nice after match segment, Winter/King duelling on the mic was cool. Luckily I've seen The Wire; as those who may not have seen the show could be asking "Why is King talking about a TV Show." lol. I liked the old vs new vibe here and wonder where Dan Stein fits into all this. Given his hatred for king and budding friendship with Winter.

Surprise of the Cycle:
Nothing really surprised me or caught me off guard this week. Though, last year I was slowly getting into Solomon Richards before the character stepped aside, so to see him return was pretty cool.

Feud of the Cycle:
Anything involving Jonny.
Winter Vs King.

Story of the Cycle:
Loco Vs Maya. The interaction added to the RP/CD from Loco really pushed towards their showdown. Add Trey’s displeasure and you have a boiling pot going on there.

Heel(s) of the Cycle:
Winter stepped into heel of the night for me. He is so naturally dislikeable and it really makes him stand out in comparison to the other heels in SHOOT.

Face(s) of the Cycle:
Loco Martinez was on solid form and to me came across like “The Face” of SHOOT Project. That’s not knock on Maya, as he has been pre occupied as of late and I feel his role has diminished a little as a result; the character seems very side tracked rather than being the crown jewel. Hopefully with the events of this week that will turn around for him.

Line of the Cycle:
“Last week I embarrassed myself, dishonoured this historic championship, and brought injustice to the SHOOT Project’s loyal fans when I tried to sell the belt. I feel the shame of a hundred defeats.

I have no excuse.  The gravity of my situation overcame me.  Weakness and alcohol reduced me as a man.  And it nearly cost me everything I’ve worked so hard to achieve.

I know better than to ask for forgiveness.  I’ve been down that road before.  I’m too far gone to even try.  But I will promise you that I will do better.  That I will be better.  I will strive to be a champion who you can be proud of.  I will endeavour to be the best Rule of Surrender champion you’ve had.  I will seek to be the greatest Master of the Mat in SHOOT Project history!” – Kale Tanev.

Laugh of the Cycle:
Chaos. was a lot of fun. On a personal note, coming up with goofy-ass tag team names with Justin (Omar) was also a lot of fun.

Most Improved:
I think, RP wise everyone kinda stepped up this week.

Random Props and thoughts:

Maya/Isaac story. I can see where Ed/Jeff are coming from with this feeling a little rushed or like it was ticking boxes so that you guys could move to the next stage. That being said, everything was well written and the point was most definitely driven home. I know you guys were hindered in the storytelling department and you had to resort to plan B; so overall I’ve enjoyed the story and am looking forward to where it leads from here.

Worrens slowly transformed over the course of this event into a Glad-Handing faux-face; I'm not sure if this was intentional or just a reaction to how we RPed this week, who knows? But by the time we got to the show, it seemed to really fit the character and work for him. Intentional or not; I think it's a direction the character should continue to go here on out. I enjoyed facing Ed this week and hope to do so again in the future.

I think Davis/Trey match was a little short and could have done with more to be honest . I am hoping that Dan (Dade) sticks around a little, I know he came into MOTM to simply see if he still had it in him and to scratch an itch; I understand if this was a one and done deal. BUT...With Ryan Shane on the roster; I'd pay (in monopoly money) to see you two team up (again) and test your skills agisnt the tag team roster. I liked the dynamic that Trey/Davis had this week; I think Davis took Trey by suprise with his two RPs, which is why Trey really stepped up in his second RP. It was a good showing from you both.

Now for the part where I talk about myself.

It may seem odd that Zex doesn’t talk about his match. But the character has gone on record numerous times to state he doesn’t live in his head or allow the matches to dictate how he behaves.  He cares about the match to such a degree that he has to blank everything out and go with the flow.

As seen before Zex’ ritual is to wander around backstage listening to music and clear his thoughts. This time however, on his travels he came across Isaac. As Ed mentioned, he felt Zex’ dialog didn’t fit with the character. Normally I can see someone’s point on feedback; but given Zex is “The Artist” whose RP’s start with a poem, I’m having a hard time grasping this one lol. He has that creative/deep thinking side to him and often uses it as a way to convey something.

And this was the final tipping point on the scale of Isaac’s face turn. Zex has had well documented issues with drug abuse and debauchery and because of this he feels he can reach Isaac from a different angle, as say Loco did on the previous show. So this was, the “Now Or Never” segment which prompts Isaac to make the choice. Light or Dark.

But, I’ll take everything said in hand and learn from it. Especially the part about Zex not being as “put together “as Valentine; as I’ve always felt Valentine had an air of mystery and ambiguity about him that always kept you guessing on his true intentions.

Zex, though. I always felt was clear, apparent and open. And, that his intentions, relationships and personality were actually very blatant in comparison to the shrouded Valentine.  So it has me wondering if I can do more from the CD standpoint so that people get more of a feel for the character.

Newcomer of the Year 2013.

Jonny

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2014, 08:40:18 AM »
I agree with Sam with regards to Maya/Isaac.  I don't think it takes away from the potential of the story, but it's kind of like watching Bray Wyatt take an AA through a fake electrical box, or maybe even the same feeling from Cena/Bray feud overall where it was like "OOOOH MAN THIS IS GOING TO BE INSANE... to okay... to... wait... i don't...  what... to OKAY COOL SCARY KID IM BACK IN TH... what?  wait?  seriously?  ugh."

There's also no time frame in eWrestling so I'm always a proponent of PLEASE don't rush.  Maya had JUST started something with Loco tonight...  if Isaac stuff took an extra week or two...  The Zex segment with Isaac would have been a solid piece... get more people interacting with weird/docile Entragian etc etc.

OH, and Sam, I think maybe the best way I could describe what you were explaining about Zex...  Okay, so, obviously, as a fan, I'm not always going to pick up on a new character's idiosyncrasies that you mentioned...    That's gonna happen.

Soooo, maybe, something like

Omar: Big match ton...

Zex: Shh... Not now.

Freak: (mockingly) You know better than to fuck with his Zen, man  (or however you'd word it. )

You're showing a trait without having to tell your audience that "it's a trait" and you still accomplish selling the world around you.  NOW, in the future, you don't even have to do that because I go "oh, yeah Zex has to compartmentalize everything" which is an AWESOME characteristic that should be put out there in the public.

That's how I felt about it from a technical stand point of "eWrestling" writing, anyway.

Matt

• X-REGISTERED
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2014, 10:31:12 AM »
Good show overall.  I agree that I don't read a show as if it's one cohesive unit.

I had considered the different ways to present the Tanev segment. But at the end of the day, Tanev had tried to pawn the RoS title. The only place for him to apologize was in front of the fans.

Jonny

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2014, 10:33:05 AM »
TANEV IS A STRAIGHT BOSS

Great character development, Matt!  Looooove the work.

Trevor Worrens

• X-REGISTERED
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2014, 12:48:05 PM »
The desire/thoughts of a cohesive show is the producer mind in me, it never goes away (in any project I do period) so in seeing that a lot of people just read Revolution as each thing being its own thing, looks like I can definitely get more enjoyment out of the show that way (I already do get enjoyment, I just see the potential for things to have way more of an impact)

As for comments about the Worrens character, since my story (the MoTM tournament) has ended I can kind of explain the what's what as sort of a way to cap things off.

Worrens wasn't faux-face. He was a face, a good guy who hated the dark drama shit because it's ruined him in the past so his drive and focus was on this tournament and not getting caught up in the emotions of developing friendships because that's how "evil" tends to find its way in, through threatening friendships and what not. His purpose was to get to the top because he was seeing the writing on the wall with everything starting to transpire and he didn't believe that guys like Loco, Zex, Maya had what it took. Yes that can come across heel sometimes, which is fine, Worrens has always been the mixed reaction type because he's organic. He's real in the sense that even if he's fighting another good guy, his focus remains, his goals remain, his attitude is the same.  He reacts accordingly and when Zex ignored his first words and sort of twisted them and created his own version of Worrens, Worrens naturally got upset because here was this good guy taking some low blows because he missed the point. But that's why I went the route of being more obvious with the "I'm a good guy, just not their brand of good guy" line in hopes to add that layer that not all wrestling good guys have to be the super proponents of friendship and togetherness.

Obviously Zex the character and Sam the writer both interpreted Worrens differently which is good and makes for variety. But yeah the intention was never to be a glad-handing faux face, just a guy who's been rocked by the darkness one too many times where he felt he knew now what to do to keep it away.

Perhaps if a story arises that is fitting for Worrens, he will find his way back, but I admittedly (and perhaps foolishly) imagined Worrens going further in this tournament which was my main device for storytelling with him this time around. I could stick around and fight random matches but character wise that doesn't fit what Worrens is/was about.

In closing Billy Winter/Donovan King for Feud of the year
Trey Willett for World Champion by 2015!
Dade Davis, stick around and whoop some ass
GIVE CHAOS SOMEONE TO WORK WITH
And Zex/Loco/Maya/Issac.... keep the darkness away guys... otherwise there will be a WAR I imagine.

Omar Owens

• w/ Freak Nasty 1
  • X-REGISTERED
  • A Breath of Fresh Air
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2014, 01:06:42 PM »
I like the idea of one big cohesive show that flows, but it's tough when you have so many hands stirring the pot.  It's not easy to tell a guy that his segment shouldn't be on the show because it doesn't offer much when there's only a show every two weeks, so exposure is limited.  Placement in the card does go a long way towards that end, though, so if you see a match, then an in ring segment, then a backstage segment, you just kind of wonder why the two segments wouldn't be reversed, but then you're leaning really heavily on the guys putting the final event together and, as a former fedhead myself, it gets old when you hear complaints about stuff like that without much reward.  Also, this event was pretty segment heavy, but I think that's normal with the growing roster as well as visitors who are just around for the tournament.

Anyway, all that said, great show guys and everlasting appreciation for putting it together.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Entragian

• Project: SCAR
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2014, 02:13:10 PM »

Roleplayer of the Cycle:
-FOUR way tie for me this cycle: Corazon, Stein, Trey & Zex
They all just knocked it out of the park in a variety of different ways.

Single best RP of the Cycle:
- Tie beween Corazon’s “The Feared” and Stein’s “I Believe That I Will Win!” These roleplays felt incredibly competitive with Corazon cutting into Stein’s narcissism and showmanship, and Stein defending the idea that he’s a SHOOT cornerstone as well.

CD of the Cycle:
- Tanev’s “Fuck” felt really bleak and just grimed over in desperation, and we started to really see the person Tanev USED to be the and the person he’s trying to rise above. I love Tanev’s stuff…so well done.

- Also it went kinda under the radar but Rob’s “The Visitor” got me hyped because we’re going to see John Thomas in MOTM, that’s really cool

Match of the Cycle (RP "competitiveness"):
Stein Vs Corazon (competitive as hell)
Davis Vs Trey (Davis really impressed me with his stuff and Trey continues to build momentum)

Match of the Cycle (Written):
- Zex/Worrens…Jeff aced this one and I enjoyed the post-match stuff too.
- Loco/Crip…just very well written match between two fan favorites.

Segment of the Cycle:
-Jonny/Anarchy/Crip had such an interesting vibe, loved the very realistic interactions…especially how Crip responded to some of what Jonny said. 

Surprise of the Cycle:
- Buck Dresden & Solomon Richards come back…that’s awesome to see.

Feud of the Cycle:
It’s hard to really define it as a feud, but the Jonny/Scavengers/Crippler stuff continues to be really entertaining. Anything these guys do gets my attention.

Story of the Cycle:
- I think Loco/Maya def picked up steam and this will be a really interesting World Title match between the two

-Tanev almost having a relapse but then getting his right foot back on the redemption road

Heel(s) of the Cycle:
- I’ll tentatively say Jonny since he dropped Worrens in the main event, but I’ve got a feeling there are more twists and turns to be seen in that story

Face(s) of the Cycle:
-Loco
-King

Line of the Cycle:

Luntaik Crippler: Stop!  Just stop. You didn't DO anything for me, Jonny.  You forfeitted a match.  You haven't DONE anything for anyone.  And then, yeah...  you "HAPPEN" to be around when those kids role through.  What else do you want people to say?  (Considering his words) I don't know you very well, and I don't know how much you give a shit about my opinion, but...  But maybe DO something?

Laugh of the Cycle:
Buck Dresden:  “So Jason tol’ me “Well suckle my Buckle it’s Buck Fucking Dresden and he wants to get him some at long last!”  I told him “Yeah, man, that’s me.”  He said “Buck, I know just what we need you to do.”  I said “What’s that?”  He said “We need you to slap the SHIT outta Dan…FUCKING…Stein.”

This cracked me the fuck up…bad. Particularly the “suckle my buckle” part.

Random Props and thoughts:

-   It’s a shame Worrens is making an exit, I’ve enjoyed the character thus far, almost gives off a gritty antihero vibe as opposed to just the stereotypical good guy

-   I’m not sure if Davis is sticking around or not, but I LOVED his work for MOTM…especially the part where he essentially said there is a world outside of the bubble of SHOOT and he did his part to introduce us to that. Great writer, awesome character.

And now….to address the Maya/Isaac storyline.

I’m admittedly bummed that people didn’t enjoy the payoff that much, but it’s also understandable because we had to tweak, edit, and rework lots of the storyline’s elements as we went along. The whole storyline was originally supposed to be based around Maya being the angel on Isaac’s shoulder and Mephisto being the devil on Isaac’s shoulder, and we were going to slow burn that little power struggle and have lots of interactions where both men try to pull Isaac into either the light he’s never experienced or the darkness he knows all too well. We’d decided previously that he’d be going face so we were hoping it’d be at least a bit of surprise when a character like this who has been extremely villainous in the past makes the face turn.

On that same token, we had banked on Mephisto having booking abilities over Maya so that we could play with that along the way and put Maya into these impossible situations leading up to the handicap match where Isaac makes the turn. So everything was pretty much ironed out and I think it would have made sense.

Unfortunately Mephisto ended up MIA and we had to rework the entire angle and try to find substitutes for certain roles and rework the timeline and try to scrape together some way to still make this happen in a way that made sense.

I think we did a good job with build, because Isaac/Maya have been having these subtle interactions ever since Isaac returned…but I can definitely agree that the payoff was rushed and I get why that would sap excitement/interest out of it. The reason why Maya faced off against “nobodies” was because we felt that these were all characters that could take a beating and it wouldn’t hurt them at all. We considered reaching out to other heels on the roster to help out with this angle, but to be truthful there were very few heels available at the time (still pretty light on heels) and we didn’t want to just sacrifice established, cool characters so that Isaac could beat up on them and steal their shine, so we went with the option we felt wouldn’t hurt any existing characters and their momentum moving forward.

So it had originally been planned as a Maya/Mephisto feud with Isaac as the side story/lost soul kind of torn in the middle of it all…but things happen in this game and you just have to try and wing it, so we did that to the best of our abilities.

Do I agree with Ed’s comments about it being sloppy and lazy? No, because Drew, myself and quite a few other guys worked hard to plan and write everything in the storyline and try to salvage it, so there was nothing lazy about that whole process. Do I agree that it was rushed and lost something along the way? I can definitely agree with that. The Isaac turn was intended to be a very epic thing and a huge moment in the character’s evolution, but it just didn’t translate that way when the actual moment came…and for that the fault lies with me since I wrote the handicap match.

Soooo…in closing, it sucks that this storyline fell a little flat, I think we all intended for it to be much cooler than it turned out, but we just ran into some hurdles along the way. This was kind of the “finale” bit that will free Maya up to focus purely on the Loco/Maya stuff, and hopefully I’ll be able to drum up some interest in a face Isaac even though his turn left some people disappointed.

Jonny

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2014, 02:21:05 PM »
That makes sense, and like I said, I don't think it was a matter of "being disappointed in you or Drew as writers" so much as it was "wow this story is awesome" and selfishly wanting more out of it.

HOWEVER, in context this makes sense...  I didn't think of it as being a final blow-off so much as a rush to a new plot point.  Emergency bails definitely happen and that sucks.

I HAVE NO LOST INTEREST IN U JEREMY U SLOPPY LAZY FUCKING FACE

I love when feedback gets more introspective and informative.  REVOLUTION 126 HAS BROUGHT US NEW FRIENDSHIP

<3

J

• Supreme Commander
  • The Brass
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2014, 03:12:50 PM »
This has legitimately been one of the best feedback threads we've maybe ever had.

B

• Bend the Knee
  • The Brass
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2014, 03:15:38 PM »
I can say that, FOR ME, the Isaac face turn feels rushed.  A Revolution in the middle of a PPV cycle instead of at MOTM or the Revolution after MOTM feels right now like it'd be a better choice.  However, overall, I don't know where their story is going and yeah, with Mephisto piss-a-dearing it can be damn near impossible to continue to tell the original story that you might have wanted to tell in the first place.  That said, it's a big ass moment that feels a bit rushed given the length of time the company's been reactivated.  You might have your own narrative that bleeds over from the previous incarnation of the company or even the narrative that comes from working in another fed and that's your narrative for just you, but you always remain cognizant that there's gonna be guys that have no idea what's going on.  THAT SAID, only you know where your story's going and it's up to you to determine whether or not the face turn here was premature or if it's merely the next stage in a grandiose saga that has yet to be told.

Just my 0.02.

SV

• The Artist
  • SHOOT Project Soldiers
  • I hold a mirror against a mirror against a mirror.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2014, 03:27:00 PM »
We got to see Isaac cracking skulls. That was enough to make me pop. :P

And I think the payoff was there. After everything Isaac has done he was able to turn the page and do the right thing in the end. Which opens a lot of new avenues for the character as well as allowing Maya to believe in "HOPE" more than ever, because he saved Isaac from himself.

Newcomer of the Year 2013.

Trevor Worrens

• X-REGISTERED
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2014, 04:23:43 PM »
knowing what happened, yeah I recant my "lazy" assessment, but I obviously still stand by the sloppy and rushed because you could have easily waited to see if Tim was going to reappear or at the very least waited to give you and Drew a little more time to hatch out a solid second option. Like B said you guys know the whole storyline you have different fragments that spill over from other feds or past versions of this one, but in the here and now there's a lot of us who didn't 100% follow back then so this felt like it was sprung on us (which I guess it kind of was because of everything)

However, I think for me the biggest thing that made this all feel rushed was how the entire fan base was suddenly cheering on Issac after he's been nothing but a monster. While Maya is an angel most fans would not exactly start chanting and cheering this guy on because of his monstrous past. Also I don't know if the "IKE" thing is from Legacy days, but I was confused by why they were chanting that and so suddenly.

I will pull back on some of the criticism, feeling now that I know that this wasn't exactly what you guys wanted either, but yeah the burden of being a great writer is when something falls short in the minds of the audience, it falls short hard.

J

• Supreme Commander
  • The Brass
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2014, 04:27:48 PM »
They definitely did wait to see if Tim reappeared, but he hasn't been here for 2 months and they swapped things in within the last few weeks after having that plan in place for awhile before.  Knowing what I know about the story, I don't know what I would have done differently beyond maybe pushing the official turn back a little (possibly MotM, if Isaac makes it to the finals, especially if he and I both make the finals). 

So essentially, my opinion of the whole thing is similar to B's, but after having worked with Jer and Drew almost exclusively for two years, I know it'll wind up good no matter what.

Also, I don't know about them, but I appreciate everyone's candor in the feedback this week and the back and forth that's going on.  It's really refreshing and nice to see people taking feedback and not losing their mind over it.

Jonny

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2014, 05:28:05 PM »
this is a wider scope version of when Riley and Rogue potentially killed a cat.

that turned into gold.

im team MAISAAC

Entragian

• Project: SCAR
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2014, 05:39:38 PM »
im team MAISAAC

Team MAISAAC shirts soon to be available on SHOOT Project Shop.com!

They're listed right above the controversial TEAM MAIZE shirts.

Also, I don't know about them, but I appreciate everyone's candor in the feedback this week and the back and forth that's going on.  It's really refreshing and nice to see people taking feedback and not losing their mind over it.

I definitely appreciate the candor and constructive criticism as well, I've never written a face before so some of this feedback is giving me lots of ideas on how I can implement some of the talking points that have been brought up here into the face run itself, try and improve things and make it more realistic, etc.

B

• Bend the Knee
  • The Brass
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2014, 05:58:25 PM »
He needs to feud with Billy Winter and get forced to be spray tanned.

Fuck Billy Winter, is what I'm trying to say.

Also, like Josh...I've worked with Drew and Jer very closely over the past year or two (SCAR4Life, yo).  That's why even though I'm thinking it's rushed, I'm definitely going to wait and see and believe they have something else to come that'll make it all make sense.  I have complete faith in the both of them.  Hell, I have to since I let Jer kill two of my characters off AND I gave Drew ninety million title shots.  :p

Brooks

• SHOOT Project Soldiers
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2014, 06:01:30 PM »
My show review:
I liked it a lot. A bit stilted in parts but it didn't take away from anything for me.
I wasn't all that happy with my peice but you guys seemed to be so it couldn't of been too bad.
I'm happy to work with anyone.

Omar Owens

• w/ Freak Nasty 1
  • X-REGISTERED
  • A Breath of Fresh Air
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2014, 10:51:11 PM »
I think the payoff maybe could've been delayed a little, but the best part is going to be seeing Entragion figuring out where to go from here.  It's one thing to defend the guy who's been looking out for you for a long while, it's a completely different thing to be a good person, so even thought you may feel like the Isaac turn didn't quite play out as well as you had hoped, the best part of it is yet to come.

---------------------------------------------------------------