September 20, 2017, 03:57:43 PM

Author Topic: AMA: ED-ition (see what I did there?)  (Read 2700 times)

Paul Jarvis

• X-REGISTERED
    • View Profile
AMA: ED-ition (see what I did there?)
« on: August 18, 2014, 11:10:38 AM »
Hey guys I'm back for real this time. That whole Trevor Worrens thing was a trick/swerve.  Well no, not really, wanted to brush off the e-fed rust before coming in with Jarvis, who I had on tap to come in and play prior to SHOOT's hiatus/vacation.

but now I'm here. and there's a lot of people whom I don't totally know and who don't totally know me... so I figured I'm bored at work, maybe people will have questions to ask me (or are equally bored and will come up with fun stuff to ask)

Name is Ed Hansen (brother to Jeff aka Jonny) and I am the man behind Paul Jarvis here in SHOOT Project.

Ask questions. I will answer them.
On the Eighth Day God Said... "Let there Be Jarvis."

And there was.  And He IS Good.

G

• G Money Nicholson Jr.
  • SHOOT Project Soldiers
  • I don't hate Tim on Tuesdays or Thursdays
    • View Profile
Re: AMA: ED-ition (see what I did there?)
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2014, 05:09:11 PM »
Favorite and least favorite TTW Character and why.

Support SHOOT Project by visiting our eWtorch database posting here:

"Will your buddy let you fuck a midget in his bed? If the answer is yes, then you know that dude is solid."
"Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily."

Napoleon Bonaparte

J

• Supreme Commander
  • The Brass
    • View Profile
    • http://www.shootproject.com/
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2014, 06:15:36 PM »
How much did you miss me?

Paul Jarvis

• X-REGISTERED
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2014, 08:19:10 PM »
Greg-

My favorite TTW (True Talent Wrestling) character was actually a stable and that was High Society. John Page, Marcus Marion, Derek Shane, Romeo Reno and Tim Jones had a great chemistry and each came into their own characters very well and seemed to be a part of some of the best feuds in the fed.

My least favorite TTW character: That's a tough one... but I think I'd have to say Mayhem. I didn't know the handler well and it seemed like while he tried to get things going it just never came through. Same with Paxton Overbury (just lack of focus really)

Josh-

No matter the arguments we'd get into, to the point of near hatred, I've missed you and SHOOT Project a bunch.  Do I miss warring with you over the fed though, absolutely not. Glad that's not a things anymore :)

G

• G Money Nicholson Jr.
  • SHOOT Project Soldiers
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2014, 08:22:51 PM »
ROMEO RENO. He and Stein feuded for a while.

HOW LONG UNTIL SKY HIGH?

"Will your buddy let you fuck a midget in his bed? If the answer is yes, then you know that dude is solid."

Napoleon Bonaparte

Paul Jarvis

• X-REGISTERED
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2014, 08:41:45 PM »
Yep Stein was signed for his popularity as a male model in New York at the time and Raymond brought him to Chicago Romeo "Ruster" Reno was a model that was less successful and jealous and the two had a first blood match as the ultimate end of their model vs. model feud... someone's face got pretty f'in bloody I do remember.

How long til Sky High? Hahahaha... we'll see. Raymond being dead kind of hinders that though I suppose someone could run such a tournament in his honor.  Right now just happy to be back playing... not really in the mind set of running/organizing anything.

G

• G Money Nicholson Jr.
  • SHOOT Project Soldiers
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2014, 09:12:28 PM »
BEARS OR CUBS

Napoleon Bonaparte

Paul Jarvis

• X-REGISTERED
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2014, 12:52:38 AM »
Bears but I like going to Cubs games live more only because I spend most of it making jokes with Jeff.

Also love how this AMA is pretty much just you and me talking. I suppose you could just PM me a bunch of questions at this point hahaha.

Brooks

• SHOOT Project Soldiers
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2014, 03:33:07 AM »
Favourite thing you've heard about Australia?

Paul Jarvis

• X-REGISTERED
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2014, 09:14:17 AM »
Port Douglas hands down. Its a place I've wanted to go just haven't made the trip.

Though lately favorite thing I've heard about Australia is the new horror film The Babadook that was made there (or made by Australians) Looks hella creepy.

Cross Recoba

• X-REGISTERED
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2014, 09:27:15 AM »
I have a more important question for you about Australia. The Minogue sisters...

Kylie's head on Dannii's body or Dannii's head on Kylie's body?

Paul Jarvis

• X-REGISTERED
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2014, 09:32:46 AM »
ALL Kylie.

Though if I have to answer your specific question I'd have to go Kylie's head on Dannii's body.

G

• G Money Nicholson Jr.
  • SHOOT Project Soldiers
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2014, 01:07:36 PM »
Favorite SHOOT project character not currently on the roster, favorite character on the active roster and favorite npc active or not.

Napoleon Bonaparte

Paul Jarvis

• X-REGISTERED
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2014, 02:08:52 PM »
Favorite SHOOT Project character not on the roster is a tough one probably based on pure character it would be Sammy Rochester. Based on those who gave me my best feuds I'd say toss up between Cade Sydal, Christopher Davis, Jester Smiles, and Osbourne Kilminster.

Favorite Character on the active roster Again I don't have an absolute 1 person stands out... but I've got major love for Dan Stein, Cross Recoba, and Billy Winter. I'm super into Loco again now that he's being pushed more prominently as well.  (I leave Jeff's characters out of the mix because I'm heavily involved with his work and I tell him on the regular how much I love his work)

Favorite NPC Never really thought about it... do you mean like non-wrestling character or like a character nobody technically is "in control of"

Entragian

• Project: SCAR
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2014, 02:52:48 PM »
What did you enjoy the most about The Family? Highlights from the stable, favorite segments, etc?

G

• G Money Nicholson Jr.
  • SHOOT Project Soldiers
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2014, 06:15:52 PM »
Favorite NPC Never really thought about it... do you mean like non-wrestling character or like a character nobody technically is "in control of"

Why not both?

Napoleon Bonaparte

xiv

• B once fired a guy for me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2014, 08:43:36 PM »
When's the last time someone called you Edly?

Paul Jarvis

• X-REGISTERED
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2014, 10:04:57 PM »
Oh man... The Family. I think above everything else, just how naturally me, Drew, Roland, and Eric came together and worked together was ultimately the highlight of my run with them and the stable. Obviously I enjoyed the reveal of Mallows not being the wheelchair bound invalid... but my ABSOLUTE favorite moment was the family photo segment.

Back to Favorite NPC.... Non-wrestling character, Ed Raymond (duh) as for a character nobody is technically in control of... I guess I don't really have a favorite in that category.

Last time someone called me Edly? Other than just now... I think someone did when I popped up a couple years ago and said I was watching.... otherwise it would have probably been the TTW days.

J

• Supreme Commander
  • The Brass
    • View Profile
    • http://www.shootproject.com/
« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2014, 10:28:54 AM »
What should I do with Corazon if my express purpose were to get him on your list of favorites?

Paul Jarvis

• X-REGISTERED
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2014, 11:34:14 AM »
Honestly I always like Corazon, I think right now he would just need to get himself into a feud or something that sort of revitalizes his presence. He's always going to be a staple of the new era of SHOOT Project, just needs something to sort of freshen things up a bit (as far as getting him on my current favorites goes) Personally I do like the role Corazon is in right now (especially with you also being the head of the fed) but yeah a solid feud that pushes Corazon to a new/different level right now would do it for me for sure.

xiv

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2014, 10:52:18 AM »

My favorite TTW (True Talent Wrestling) character was actually a stable and that was High Society. John Page, Marcus Marion, Derek Shane, Romeo Reno and Tim Jones had a great chemistry and each came into their own characters very well and seemed to be a part of some of the best feuds in the fed.

Really enjoyed the Sky High vs. High Society feud we did.   I believe that coincided with the long Loco/Shane feud. 

Rank your all time favorite Chicago sports figures.

Paul Jarvis

• X-REGISTERED
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2014, 02:22:27 PM »
I'll do a top 5 ranking I guess... also I'm not a basketball fan but obviously have love for Michael Jordan and what he did for the only time in the history of Basketball that I cared even just a little... but not going to rank him overall.

5. Glenallen Hill- Yeah he was on and off with the cubs for only a couple years each time, but he holds a spot in my all time favorite only because of the memories of cubs games and how his name was always announced. I can't remember why I liked him so much I just remember always referencing him.

4. Mark Grace- I played baseball growing up (socially behind an ice skating rink from time to time as well as in my backyard) and everyone else hit home runs a lot or real long balls, I was an on base kind of guy so I always liked Mark Grace as he was a consistent hitter and similar in that you could rely on him to get on base.

3. Justin Mapp/Zach Thorton: As Scott knows I was raised on soccer, played it, watched it, dad still referees it. My two favorite Chicago Fire Players were Zach Thorton (Goalie) and Justin Mapp (Left wing.)

2.  Brian Urlacher/Matt Forte: Tied for second here for different reasons. Watching Urlacher hit people was always a highlight of any Bears game, and Forte (while I was a bigger fan of Bush recently to be honest) is definitely exciting when he's on point.

1. Jay Cutler- Lot of haters but I love everything Jay Cutler is as a player and a person. His post-game and pre-game press conferences are some of the best and I like his sort of "fuck you all" attitude. I was a Grossman fan to, but Cutler is everything I wanted Grossman to be.

xiv

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2014, 02:29:55 PM »
How many Fire games do you get to?

G

• G Money Nicholson Jr.
  • SHOOT Project Soldiers
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2014, 02:42:26 PM »
Which team do you hate the most in the sports you enjoy.

Napoleon Bonaparte

Paul Jarvis

• X-REGISTERED
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 24, 2014, 08:52:14 PM »
Not enough Fire games. Maybe a couple every season.

I don't really hate sports teams... but I will say the Dallas Cowboys. In Baseball, I hate the Cardinals and The White Sox just based on Cubs rivalry/history. I don't actually hate either of those teams. I DO hate the Dallas Cowboys.