August 22, 2017, 08:33:39 PM

Author Topic: AMA: The Sheriff  (Read 2270 times)

xiv

• B once fired a guy for me.
    • View Profile
Re: AMA: The Sheriff
« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2014, 08:23:53 PM »
Favourite Current Diva?
Favourite All-Time Diva?

Favourite main stream wrestler that no one else seemed to get?

Current Diva:  AJ - can cut a good promo, and can handle herself in ring. 
All Time:    Mickie James - total package... even if I roll my eyes at the lesbian obsession with Trish stuff. 

Favorite Main Stream Guy: 

probably Blue Meanie...  Not that he wasn't popular but I think people only enjoyed him cuz he was a flabby dude in cut off shorts/t-shirt with the bWo doing the meanie dance... though I too enjoy busting out a meanie dance.

xiv

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 02, 2014, 09:26:34 PM »
PS about guilty pleasures... Good example of this is Katy Perry's unplugged.  Its only 6, or 7 songs.  But I enjoy the hell out of it. 

Cross Recoba

• X-REGISTERED
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #27 on: September 13, 2014, 07:22:41 AM »
Unlimited cash, any formation, any time, go pick your all-time football (yes, football, we don't recognise the S word here) XI

xiv

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 13, 2014, 08:39:01 AM »
To be fair, soccer isn't OUR doing:

In fact, in the early days of the sport among the upper echelons of British society, the proper term for the sport was “Soccer”.  Not only that, but the sport being referred to as “Soccer” preceded the first recorded instance of it being called by the singular word “Football” by about 18 years.

Association Football was then much better known as “Assoccer”, which quickly just became “Soccer” and sometimes “Soccer Football”.

;)  Its YOUR word.  In fact I think there's a recap/highlight show that uses the word over there.  I swear I saw a tweet along those lines... anyway...  we have one of the largest organized youth programs in the world AYSO (guess what the S stands for) and of course MLS... so We'll be doing everything to carry on the tradition of the word!  :D   I don't expect you to use it.  there is no potential confusion for you to use football. Where if I use it conversation (and it does happen), there is confusion and when I clarify to "soccer" I get admonished or mocked.  Which usually gets me all snarky and i point out that the only "footballing" going on in the NFL is the punter and kicker and no one... NO... ONE considers them "football players" in the NFL.  okay... now to the question

Clearly going attack HEAVY, and we'll sort out exact positioning at a later date.

3-4-3 

My historical knowledge isn't crazy deep:

Forwards:  Pele, Maradona, and Messi 
Midfield:  Beckham, Zidane (Cuz you need a dude who can throw a stiff headbutt), Pirlo and Iniesta in the midfield
Defenders:  Beckenbauer (clearly this is on reputation/name recognition alone),  Sergio Ramos, Alessandro Nesta
Goalie:    Manuel Neuer  (need an aggressive goalie who can double as a sweeper if we're playing three in the back!) 

MY Current favorites squad:
Forward:  Aguero, Dempsey, Zlatan Ibrahimović
Midfield:  Gareth Bale, Eden Hazard, David Silva, Landon Donovan  (I also enjoy Yaya Toure, Juan Mata... and Fellaini, but they're both with Man U... so, nah...oh and Fellaini's been terrible since the move from Everton)
Defenders:  Leighton Baines, Vincent Company (yes I have an affection for Belgium), Pablo Zabaleta  (thought about Yedlin, or Matt Besler here)
Goalie: Timmy Howard (but still was considering Neuer here I had so much fun watching him in the WOrld Cup)

DrezzyF2T

• SHOOT Project Soldiers
  • Life. Deal. Rock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 13, 2014, 09:14:56 AM »
If you could go back in time and punch one non-genocidal historical figure in the face, who would it be and why?

*"Behind the Scenes" graphic by Sam Valentine
*Corey Lazarus banner by Ben Duke

xiv

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 13, 2014, 11:28:31 AM »
Sean Hannity... but it doesn't feel historical enough. 

xiv

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 13, 2014, 11:29:03 AM »
Sean Hannity... but it doesn't feel historical enough. 

But is someone who I can envision punching.  FIrst name that popped into my head. 

Entragian

• Project: SCAR
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 17, 2014, 11:57:06 PM »
I think we all have that "one guy" in this game that pushes us to entirely new levels when it comes to competitive writing. That guy that you see you're facing and the first thought in your head is "shitttt...I'm gonna have to bring my best to hang with this dude."

Who is your one guy? (can by someone from the past, doesn't matter)

xiv

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 18, 2014, 12:13:47 PM »
GREAT question.   I feel like this always changes.  Constantly been a moving target.   Doing this for... almost 20 years now? (oh my god it was weird to type that) ... I also know  omitting people will get me playfully angry Facebook message (Lee I'm looking at you) ... But I can break it down, for sure. (sports talk radio style). 

First for me personally I knew immediately how I measured this.  How I feel when I'd see said names across from Loco or Anarchy on a booking sheet.  Trash talk ends up what makes me most nervous.  I get a little flutter of butterflies when I click any RP "against" me.    But yeah those guys I see as not just good writers but really good trash talkers scare the bejebus outta me. 

First guy I felt like that about was Sean Boden.  Feuding with Boden and another guy in NYSWF tended to make me feel like I was in over my head. 

Rocky Stellar.   Lee is longest friend I've had in this game.  One of the few guys I've met and hung out with IRL, and ultimately pushes/scares me to be entertaining, and/or funny.  This especially in TTW.   

X-Calibur - this would be for Legacy.  Terrifying to match up because MJ has a scary attention to detail and X is a vicious character. 

A whole lot of YOU PEOPLE (what do I mean "you people") scare me here.  I can look at 2013 MotM and remember being nerve wracked for matches with Trey, Entragian, and Lionheart.  I'd feel like that with B and J. 

Entragian

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 20, 2014, 12:16:10 AM »
2 questions:

I've just started listening to the Talk is Jericho podcast and it's pretty awesome. Do you follow it?

Also have you seen his web series "But I'm Chris Jericho"?

xiv

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 20, 2014, 09:29:16 AM »
I have listened to a good amount of them, but its been a while.

I watched the first four or five episodes of But I'm Chris Jericho.

Entragian

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 24, 2014, 07:43:58 PM »
I know you have a healthy appreciation of some of the more campy Syfy B-horror movies so had to ask this. Have you checked out Z Nation yet? It's a new zombie show on Syfy but leans more towards the gore and zombie killing as opposed to Walking Dead character development stuff. Still fun tho.

xiv

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 24, 2014, 08:31:47 PM »
I have not. 

DrezzyF2T

• SHOOT Project Soldiers
  • Life. Deal. Rock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 24, 2014, 08:59:48 PM »
What is your favorite South Park episode and why?

xiv

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 24, 2014, 09:40:57 PM »
Wow... First thing that came to mind:

PROBABLY Scott Tenorman Must Die.  Radiohead, Pubes, and Cartman at his most evil.  (honorable mention is Christmas Critters)

Of their "Super Episodes/Trilogies" - Imaginationland

Cross Recoba

• X-REGISTERED
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #40 on: September 25, 2014, 06:57:42 AM »
Props for the Scott Tenorman recommendation. Anyways...

You're President of FIFA for the day, you get three things to change for good (or evil), what are they?

DrezzyF2T

• SHOOT Project Soldiers
  • Life. Deal. Rock.
    • View Profile
AMA: The Sheriff
« Reply #41 on: September 25, 2014, 09:30:54 AM »
With complete sincerity, those are probably the closest I can think of for best episodes. I'd answer the same way if I didn't believe in the cop-out "I like jokes better than whole episodes" one I gave (mucho love for Christmas Critters).

Were you just as glad as I was that the Comedy Central episodes of Futurama were just as great as the Fox ones?

xiv

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 25, 2014, 07:41:36 PM »
Props for the Scott Tenorman recommendation. Anyways...

You're President of FIFA for the day, you get three things to change for good (or evil), what are they?

1-  We're reeling in diving/exaggeration.  2 parts to this:  Governing body can review dives and punish.  IE,   get caught blatantly embelishing?  You get a warning/letter/maybe a fine.   2nd one:  You get a yellow.   Third:  You sit a game.       Now if you're over dramatic about being on the pitch after a foul?  How ever you're ON the ground writhing?  You sit on the sideline for that amount of time (But a sub can come on immediately).  This basically cuts into the time wasting or writhing looking for a booking.  Legit injuries they don't tend to run right back on the field, or get subbed, anyway.

2-  Concussion protocol.  Needs to be dealt with.  Head trauma will impact this game.  NEED better protocol.  Need to be able to examine.  But need ot be able to do it without fearing it costing your team. 

3- I'd strip Qatar of their World Cup.   

xiv

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 25, 2014, 07:42:45 PM »
Were you just as glad as I was that the Comedy Central episodes of Futurama were just as great as the Fox ones?

I got into Futurama because of Comedy Central.  I didn't watch it on Fox...  I loved the new episodes.  I think they were better than the first run! 

Entragian

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 01, 2014, 02:10:11 PM »
Who is your favorite Batman villain from the comics and how would you like to see that villain portrayed on Gotham?

xiv

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 01, 2014, 09:34:24 PM »
Riddler.   Love the "playful" mind game aspect of the character.  Most room for both humor and straight up monstrosity.  like if a comic character could put people into Saw type senarios/puzzles?  It'd be Riddler.   (btw,  How bout some Justice League Saw with Riddle playing Jigsaw)...  I don't know how to have him portrayed in Gotham.  Haven't watched the show... So I'm really gonna be stabbing in the dark here.

I'd have him be a young burgeoning grad student at Gotham's version of an Ivy League school.   He starts off being a scientist with noble intentions, but Gotham's grimy underbelly ends up wearing him  down  and wearing him down.   I'd flirt heavily with him being a vigilante and have him use his superior intellect to right some wrongs, but also to have him benefit himself. 

Entragian

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 31, 2014, 12:01:49 AM »
I'd like to get your thoughts on heel vs heel...do you think it can work? I'm talking storyline/feud...not a one-off match. In all of your time in e-fedding have you seen any examples of heel vs heel that ended up being really entertaining and well executed?

xiv

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 31, 2014, 07:34:54 PM »
It CAN, but like Drew pointed there are some pitfalls. ONe of the two is gonna be more likable.  OR they're gonna get into a "out heeling each other" pissing contest.  Its a weird thing to pull off.  Luckily in efedding you can TRY.   Where as in wrestling with live crowds you're gonna have some issues, unless you have a "heel" like Bray Wyatt or Sandow. 

SV

• The Artist
  • SHOOT Project Soldiers
  • I hold a mirror against a mirror against a mirror.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 17, 2014, 09:48:57 PM »
I've seen you ask a handful of people about Super Stables, both face and heel.

So, who is in your ultimate face/heel SHOOT Stables.

Newcomer of the Year 2013.

xiv

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 17, 2014, 10:38:05 PM »
Ultimate Heels:  Jonny Johnson, Azrael Goeren, Isaac Entragian, Dan Stein, X-Calibur  --  this group would be crazy.  The plotting, scheming, diabolical, dickbag, and pure evil they would pull of would be terrifying, AND entertaining.  I also picked a group of five where when the inevitable implosion happens where all five could work face, and any combination of feuds coming out of it would be amazing.  Also any 2 of the five could be paired for a sick tag team.  I'd lean towards pairing Goeren with Stein, Ike, or X. 

Ultimate Faces:  Maya Nakashima, Jonas Coleman, Christopher Davis, DDC, Donovan King   -  similar to the heels, if someone turned on this group i'd end up with countless awesomeness.   For the fun of it I'd want to see DDC and King tag together.