December 12, 2017, 07:30:27 PM

Author Topic: AJA - Ask Justin Anything  (Read 1697 times)

Matt

• X-REGISTERED
    • View Profile
Re: AJA - Ask Justin Anything
« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2014, 02:46:56 PM »
Should I use a waiver wire claim to try and pick up Josh Gordon this week?

If it's a keeper league, you should've drafted him.  If not, then I'd still say yes.  Who are you going to drop?

Not a keeper league.

In that league I'd be dropping Christine Michael to pick up Gordon.  I didn't like any of the options with my final non DST/K pick, so I basically homer picked Michael for if Beast Mode got hurt and/or so I'd have an easy choice for someone to drop if a worthwhile waiver pickup was available.

On my other team, I have the choice to pickup Terrance West, potentially.  Is he worth it?  I'm dropping He Who Shall Not Be Named in that case, so it's just a matter of do I want to burn one of the 12 waiver moves I have in that league.

Omar Owens

• w/ Freak Nasty 1
  • X-REGISTERED
  • A Breath of Fresh Air
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2014, 03:07:18 PM »
Should I use a waiver wire claim to try and pick up Josh Gordon this week?

If it's a keeper league, you should've drafted him.  If not, then I'd still say yes.  Who are you going to drop?

Not a keeper league.

In that league I'd be dropping Christine Michael to pick up Gordon.  I didn't like any of the options with my final non DST/K pick, so I basically homer picked Michael for if Beast Mode got hurt and/or so I'd have an easy choice for someone to drop if a worthwhile waiver pickup was available.

On my other team, I have the choice to pickup Terrance West, potentially.  Is he worth it?  I'm dropping He Who Shall Not Be Named in that case, so it's just a matter of do I want to burn one of the 12 waiver moves I have in that league.

There will be RB's that get hurt, so back-ups will step in and be stars/contribute, but it's hard to bet on which ones (unless you're betting on Steven Jackson).  I drafted Michael with the same thought, but also knowing that if there was someone enticing, I wouldn't hesitate to drop him.  I'd say it's worth grabbing Josh Gordon.  Someone else will if you don't and they might fall into one of the best receivers.

As for Terrence West, well, it's a crowded backfield with Tate and Crowell.  Tate is the starter, but he often gets hurt, but it looks like Crowell is the guy who's going to vulture TD's, which might make none of the three very enticing.  If your waivers reset every week, then there's not much to lose, unless you think someone is going to drop a good player this week.  I personally don't think Cleveland's running game will amount to much, but if I was dropping a wifebeater, I'd take a flier on West.

---------------------------------------------------------------

DrezzyF2T

• SHOOT Project Soldiers
  • Life. Deal. Rock.
    • View Profile
AJA - Ask Justin Anything
« Reply #27 on: September 10, 2014, 12:53:00 PM »
Ah, Lakeville. 15-minute ride to Taunton, where the staties do the jobs of the local PD.

Who do you think has a better shot in November, Coakley or Baker?

*"Behind the Scenes" graphic by Sam Valentine
*Corey Lazarus banner by Ben Duke

Omar Owens

• w/ Freak Nasty 1
  • X-REGISTERED
  • A Breath of Fresh Air
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 10, 2014, 01:03:52 PM »
Coakley, for sure.  I've seen republican governors here in my lifetime, so it's not as simple as the rest of the country would think, but Coakley is seen as Liz Warren Lite

xiv

• B once fired a guy for me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 10, 2014, 04:00:58 PM »
What do I need to know about Omar for this week?   :D 

Omar Owens

• w/ Freak Nasty 1
  • X-REGISTERED
  • A Breath of Fresh Air
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 12, 2014, 07:36:36 AM »
What do I need to know about Omar for this week?   :D

Who knows?  He's an inconsistent character with a new persona every week.

Entragian

• Project: SCAR
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 17, 2014, 11:57:19 PM »
I think we all have that "one guy" in this game that pushes us to entirely new levels when it comes to competitive writing. That guy that you see you're facing and the first thought in your head is "shitttt...I'm gonna have to bring my best to hang with this dude."

Who is your one guy? (can by someone from the past, doesn't matter)

Omar Owens

• w/ Freak Nasty 1
  • X-REGISTERED
  • A Breath of Fresh Air
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 21, 2014, 08:36:54 PM »
I think we all have that "one guy" in this game that pushes us to entirely new levels when it comes to competitive writing. That guy that you see you're facing and the first thought in your head is "shitttt...I'm gonna have to bring my best to hang with this dude."

Who is your one guy? (can by someone from the past, doesn't matter)

There was one guy way back in the day who went by the name Cyanide X that I had a bit of a rivalry with.  It spilled out into real life (well, as real as the OOC boards go) when he was telling people he had no respect for me because I had quit a fed a couple years before (not even leaving the fed in a bad situation or anything. I hadn't even established myself in the fed and I didn't no-show.  I gave them notice and then just left).  He and I had a bunch of battles that went back and forth, but I think eventually he just ran out of stuff to say because he was called out for using Simpsons jokes in his roleplays.

xiv

• B once fired a guy for me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 22, 2014, 11:24:20 AM »
Favorite wrestling moment, ever?

DrezzyF2T

• SHOOT Project Soldiers
  • Life. Deal. Rock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 22, 2014, 03:41:13 PM »
Least favorite moment ever?

*"Behind the Scenes" graphic by Sam Valentine
*Corey Lazarus banner by Ben Duke

Omar Owens

• w/ Freak Nasty 1
  • X-REGISTERED
  • A Breath of Fresh Air
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 23, 2014, 02:21:05 PM »
Favorite wrestling moment, ever?

I've got a few.  Hart and Austin switching alignment in the middle of a match, Sting descending from the rafters to save DDP (because I was there), and Hart challenging Goldberg, which resulted in Goldberg spearing him, but he had the metal plate on under his hockey jersey.

Least favorite moment ever?

I'd feel like a bad person if I didn't put the Owen Hart incident here.  I was watching the PPV with a friend and we couldn't figure out what was going on until we saw Jarrett crying.  Other than that, I'm going with Russo winning the WCW belt.  It was worse than Arquette and Vince because Russo did a "SHOOT" interview the week before saying he didn't even want to be on camera.