September 20, 2017, 03:39:48 PM

Author Topic: A3MA - Ask 3M (almost) anything!  (Read 2069 times)

Mirage

• 3M
  • SHOOT Project Soldiers
    • View Profile
A3MA - Ask 3M (almost) anything!
« on: August 27, 2014, 05:36:53 PM »
Never done one of these (I don't think), so I'm putting one up.

I prefer ewrestling questions over personal questions but I'll do my best to answer both!

That is, if anyone bothers!

Brooks

• SHOOT Project Soldiers
    • View Profile
Re: A3MA - Ask 3M (almost) anything!
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2014, 05:52:13 PM »
Why do you prefer wrestling questions over personal questions?

Cross Recoba

• X-REGISTERED
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2014, 06:06:58 PM »
Worst thing to happen to eWrestling EVER??

Mirage

• 3M
  • SHOOT Project Soldiers
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2014, 09:03:21 PM »
Why do you prefer wrestling questions over personal questions?

Because if our real lives were that interesting, we wouldn't need to do this.

And I don't mind personal questions, persay, I just don't feel people actually care what kind of music I like or what I do for a living.

Mirage

• 3M
  • SHOOT Project Soldiers
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2014, 09:12:28 PM »
Worst thing to happen to eWrestling EVER??

Pure competitive ewrestling that involves no feud, character development, or story.

When you get to a certain level, and writing skill is a near match, the weakness/bias of competitive judging is apparent.  It's never based on a specific criteria but on the opinion of a few people that decided to open a website (which don't get me wrong, is their right).  But it's not like a sport where one team scores more than another, or a point system such as judging a snowboarder based on height of moves, difficulty, speed, etc...it's strictly opinion, and while I love sci-fi, if the judge reading happens to love stuff like "The Notebook", well, you see where I'm going.  One mans garbage is another mans treasure.

G

• G Money Nicholson Jr.
  • SHOOT Project Soldiers
  • I don't hate Tim on Tuesdays or Thursdays
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2014, 09:14:19 PM »
I described e-wrestling as "being a professional wrestler without any of the work". Is this a valid generalization? If not, could I have said something differently? What could that have been?

Support SHOOT Project by visiting our eWtorch database posting here:

"Will your buddy let you fuck a midget in his bed? If the answer is yes, then you know that dude is solid."
"Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily."

Napoleon Bonaparte

Mirage

• 3M
  • SHOOT Project Soldiers
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2014, 09:22:24 PM »
I described e-wrestling as "being a professional wrestler without any of the work". Is this a valid generalization? If not, could I have said something differently? What could that have been?

While I see your point, I don't find it quite valid.  Ewrestling is not physically demanding, but it IS mentally demanding, in that the direction, dialogue, and story has to be written and kept track of by the ewrestler in its entirety.  That's not to say it's not easier than being an actual wrestler, but I wouldn't go so far as to say "without all the work", as anyone that does this can attest to how much work it actually is.

I'd describe ewrestling as being a professional wrestler without the physical demands.

Cross Recoba

• X-REGISTERED
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2014, 09:23:04 PM »
What 'tools' (software etc) does every e-wrestler need?

Mirage

• 3M
  • SHOOT Project Soldiers
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2014, 09:29:35 PM »
What 'tools' (software etc) does every e-wrestler need?

A spel cheker, a consistent but evolving writing format, and a backup of every rp or segment they've written catalogued by year/federation saved in a standard file type so they can go back over time and see their own evolution in skill, or to see their own weaknesses after some time has passed.

By backup I mean stored locally AND on a service like Google Drive, Dropbox, etc.

There are things I've written in the past where at the time I would have sworn was awesome but after time passed and I looked back, I was embarrassed reading it...forcing me to seriously evaluate my own ability and what I could do to get better.

Most any modern operating system comes with all the tools necessary these days.

Entragian

• Project: SCAR
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2014, 09:43:26 PM »
In the entirety of your e-fed career, have you ever written any other characters besides Mirage/3M?

Mirage

• 3M
  • SHOOT Project Soldiers
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2014, 05:50:15 AM »
In the entirety of your e-fed career, have you ever written any other characters besides Mirage/3M?

This will shed light on my hatred for competitive fedding, as well as the creation of Mirage.

The short answer to this is yes ... and no.

When Mirage was first conceived in 1996, I did so under the name "Juice", in a long forgotten competitive efed of which I couldn't tell you the name if I tried.  The reason for the name?  It said pick a name on the signup form...something I had never thought of until that moment, and being the mid 90's, well, that's pretty much it.  It was a stupid name for a time in which guys wore bright neon colors and thought they looked cool, until a year later when the grunge craze kicked in and suddenly wearing flannels tied around your waste was cool.

Anyway, this where I quickly developed a hatred for competitive efedding, and realized it wasn't suited for anything I loved about this, which is character creation, storytelling, and the ability to take a character and evolve it over time.  Keep in mind, I'm a natural role player at heart after years of playing D&D/AD&D, etc...hell, I STILL play Vampire:TM tabletop RPG to this day, so for me, the story WAS the ONLY reason to do this.  Shortly after coming to this epiphany, I moved on to my next fed, CEWF (IIRC) for a short stint, and changed the characters name to Mirage, which was my way of saying all of this (efedding) is just a mirage.  Defections to a federation called the AODWF were underway, and I decided to go for broke, so I moved to the AODWF and somehow convinced the person running it that a storyline based efed is what people really wanted, and I was the only one to help him write it.

...and for the sake of NOT leaving this out, at one point, in what must have been some sort of drug/alcohol fueled bad idea, I supposedly pitched the idea of playing a character called U4IA?  B remembers this, I don't...as it was so bad I actually deleted it from my memory, but I'm sure he can elaborate if you ever asked him.

I don't want to keep running down my fed/character history, so ... blah blah blah, Mirage got stale, 3M was born to freshen up the character...and there we have it.

TL;DR Version: In short...while I did hatch REALLY bad ideas for other names or characters over the years, I never actually played anyone other than Mirage/3M.

...and at this point, I have no intention of ever going anywhere (even just to hang out) than SHOOT Project.

Matt

• X-REGISTERED
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2014, 12:40:11 PM »
Who is the one character in SHOOT you'd love to seize control of to remodel in your own vision?  What would you do with them?

Mirage

• 3M
  • SHOOT Project Soldiers
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2014, 01:03:26 PM »
Who is the one character in SHOOT you'd love to seize control of to remodel in your own vision?  What would you do with them?

I'll answer this two ways.

1) I'd take every wrestler around the height/weight of Mirage (6'1 235lbs), and create The Army of 3M's, known to attack randomly and without warning, from one or multiple directions, and if you were to fight them, you'd never know which one you'd be fighting as their roster names would all be 3M (so long as they were wearing the suit), so they'd be nearly impossible to game plan for.  3Mfreebird style.

2) Isaac Entragian.  As alluded to in my recent feedback to him, I'd remodel him into an anti-hero facing a constant struggle with his own appearance and nature in the face of a cynical, shallow, reality-tv/social media savvy society.  That of being a brutal, damaged outcast, in which he has to cope with doing what's right despite knowing he will never be accepted as the hero people actually want. Even when he saves the day, having to retreat into the darkness of his own true nature, never understanding that feeling of vanity that comes with the adulation of the people that washes over the "normal" among us.

Omar Owens

• w/ Freak Nasty 1
  • X-REGISTERED
  • A Breath of Fresh Air
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2014, 08:25:25 AM »
Are you currently active in SHOOT?  I know you said you didn't want to talk too much more about your character's history, but how about like a crib notes history of 3M/Mirage in SHOOT?  There's no roster page for you and I'd rather not go back and read events searching for your name, but I'm curious.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Mirage

• 3M
  • SHOOT Project Soldiers
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2014, 06:52:35 AM »
Are you currently active in SHOOT?  I know you said you didn't want to talk too much more about your character's history, but how about like a crib notes history of 3M/Mirage in SHOOT?  There's no roster page for you and I'd rather not go back and read events searching for your name, but I'm curious.

I have no issues talking about my characters history, I just don't want to put everyone to sleep. ;)

I'm not currently active in SHOOT, I'm on the sidelines looking for the right storyline/person who isn't busy to work with.  While Mirage/3M are the same person, 3M is an evolution of the lifelong heel character who grew stale over the years.  3M dons a dark superheroesque outfit, and while he started out as a heel in the 3M form while feuding with Donovan King, 3M evolved into a babyface during his feud with Valentine.  Mirage is more of a heel/coward type and 3M is the fight against all odds put your body on the line type.

Former World Champion, former Sin City Champion.

Mirage/3M have been part of quite a few big "moments" in SP history, such as being a member of Instant Heat, The Hierarchy, and winning titles on a few occasions.

I tend to work in a very slow-burn manner, planning each twist and turn of a feud so long as the person I'm working with meshes with that style.

Omar Owens

• w/ Freak Nasty 1
  • X-REGISTERED
  • A Breath of Fresh Air
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2014, 08:02:57 AM »
It's obvious you think feuds are what drive e-wrestling...what about real wrestling?  Do you think a character gets over with promos/wins or with story-driven feuds?

Mirage

• 3M
  • SHOOT Project Soldiers
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2014, 08:28:33 AM »
It's obvious you think feuds are what drive e-wrestling...what about real wrestling?  Do you think a character gets over with promos/wins or with story-driven feuds?

I think a combination of both is necessary.  Building a solid story/foundation around a wrestler and then allowing that wrestler to "spread his or her wings" via promos will get them over in way that cannot be touched by wrestling talent or promos alone.

If it were a mathematical equation, I'd write the importance of the three like this: Story = Promo Ability > Wrestling Skill.  If you give a wrestler that can cut amazing promos a great story, it'll launch them into the stratosphere of wrestling, but if you give a super talented "wrestler" a solid story but they just can't cut promos and get the message across to the fans, it'll be good, but it won't be great.

Brooks

• SHOOT Project Soldiers
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2014, 06:23:44 PM »
Favourite Current Diva?
Favourite All-Time Diva?

Favourite main stream wrestler that no one else seemed to get?

Entragian

• Project: SCAR
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2014, 06:59:24 PM »
Favorite SHOOT angle from the past that you enjoyed solely from a fan perspective? (one where your own characters weren't involved)

xiv

• B once fired a guy for me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2014, 09:16:34 PM »
What shouldn't be allowed in efedding? 

(if there is a "nothing" as an answer there) - What are your efedding turn offs?

Mirage

• 3M
  • SHOOT Project Soldiers
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2014, 06:23:07 AM »
Favourite Current Diva?
Favourite All-Time Diva?

Favourite main stream wrestler that no one else seemed to get?

Emma, because I don't know any current divas and had to look them up on WWE.com, and she looked decent, and was Australian, and I like Australians.

Trish Stratus.  Just because.

Chris Kanyon, before he committed suicide.  Because nobodies was better than Kanyon.

Mirage

• 3M
  • SHOOT Project Soldiers
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2014, 06:26:46 AM »
Favorite SHOOT angle from the past that you enjoyed solely from a fan perspective? (one where your own characters weren't involved)

I actually liked your angle from when I was last active here that somewhat culminated in that brutal match where blood was shed via screwdrivers, and the evolution of your character that stemmed from that.

And why?

Because you weren't in a rush.

Anyone that can appreciate slow burn storytelling, as far as I'm concerned, wins efedding.

I'd also mention Donovan Kings, however, I became involved in that along the way so I can't count it.

Mirage

• 3M
  • SHOOT Project Soldiers
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2014, 06:36:38 AM »
What shouldn't be allowed in efedding? 

(if there is a "nothing" as an answer there) - What are your efedding turn offs?

I don't believe SHOOT allows any of this this now, but I'll post anyway.

1) Posting last minute RPs specifically so your opponent doesn't have the time to respond in a timely fashion.
2) Using inside information in RPs against your opponent you aren't supposed to know as a viewer/wrestler.

My efed turnoffs are when things go over the line of unrealistic.  Being in this format, it's understandable we can perform things such as dream sequences, or use other such artistic license to bend the laws of reality, but when it comes time to deliver, when I see people fall off 18' ladders and land on the guardrail back first but they're able to get back up...just...no.  That'd be the end of said wrestlers career, and unless they're willing to actually turn said wrestler into a paraplegic and retire him or her, don't perform stunts like this.  Ever.

Having a brutal match is one thing, look no further than 3M vs Valentine in their "Bloodletting" match, which took artistic license to paint the arena a special shade of crimson, but neither walked away from that match, and both sold the healing time afterward.  That being said, there is a difference in shedding copious amounts of blood and literally selling stunts that would paralyze or kill a person.

Omar Owens

• w/ Freak Nasty 1
  • X-REGISTERED
  • A Breath of Fresh Air
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2014, 08:46:14 AM »
Chris Kanyon, before he committed suicide.  Because nobodies was better than Kanyon.

Did you read my answer to this before writing yours?  I think it would be awesome if two people came up with the same answer separately. 

P.S. I'm not saying my answer would've influenced yours, just that it might've jogged your memory a little.

Mirage

• 3M
  • SHOOT Project Soldiers
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 03, 2014, 09:02:31 AM »

Did you read my answer to this before writing yours?  I think it would be awesome if two people came up with the same answer separately. 

P.S. I'm not saying my answer would've influenced yours, just that it might've jogged your memory a little.

No, I honestly did not read your answer, did you also say Kanyon?