December 12, 2017, 07:27:43 PM

Author Topic: A3MA - Ask 3M (almost) anything!  (Read 2181 times)

Omar Owens

• w/ Freak Nasty 1
  • X-REGISTERED
  • A Breath of Fresh Air
    • View Profile
Re: A3MA - Ask 3M (almost) anything!
« Reply #25 on: September 03, 2014, 11:37:48 AM »
Yeah, I even said WHO BETTA? after it.  Well, I chose D'Lo, but said Kanyon would be my second choice.  Did you enjoy the Mortis character as much as I did (which is to say a lot).

---------------------------------------------------------------

Mirage

• 3M
  • SHOOT Project Soldiers
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 03, 2014, 12:43:05 PM »
Yeah, I even said WHO BETTA? after it.  Well, I chose D'Lo, but said Kanyon would be my second choice.  Did you enjoy the Mortis character as much as I did (which is to say a lot).

I did, and I thought he should have gotten a bigger push, both during and after Mortis.

DrezzyF2T

• SHOOT Project Soldiers
  • Life. Deal. Rock.
    • View Profile
A3MA - Ask 3M (almost) anything!
« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2014, 09:38:58 AM »
Is there anything you wish we had done in our program last year?

*"Behind the Scenes" graphic by Sam Valentine
*Corey Lazarus banner by Ben Duke

Mirage

• 3M
  • SHOOT Project Soldiers
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 15, 2014, 10:30:37 AM »
Is there anything you wish we had done in our program last year?

A LOT.  I actually liked the chemistry between 3M/Laz, and the internal conflict both were dealing with at the time.  At that time, as far as 3M was concerned, Laz represented that aging superstar that refused to get older, even if it was in his own best interest to do so.  Sooner or later he would have ended up destroying his own career if he kept doing what he was doing.  What I mean by that was he was dealing with nagging injuries and an endless amount of wear and tear on his body/knees, etc...but refused to let his foot off the gas, almost as if he was in denial of his own reality.

I really enjoyed the short time we had to work together.

Entragian

• Project: SCAR
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 17, 2014, 11:55:45 PM »
I think we all have that "one guy" in this game that pushes us to entirely new levels when it comes to competitive writing. That guy that you see you're facing and the first thought in your head is "shitttt...I'm gonna have to bring my best to hang with this dude."

Who is your one guy? (can be someone from the past, doesn't matter)

Mirage

• 3M
  • SHOOT Project Soldiers
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 18, 2014, 09:07:52 AM »
I think we all have that "one guy" in this game that pushes us to entirely new levels when it comes to competitive writing. That guy that you see you're facing and the first thought in your head is "shitttt...I'm gonna have to bring my best to hang with this dude."

Who is your one guy? (can be someone from the past, doesn't matter)

Great question, but a somewhat complex and possibly long answer. ;)

I've never considered myself a great writer, but I do consider myself a good idea man as long as I'm paired with the right person that can filter out my bad ideas.  You've never worked directly with me, by I'll start any feud by looking at the goals of everyone involved and attempt to spin a story that will accomplish ALL of those goals, which entails coming up with multiple ideas, and that's where that "filter" has to step in and help choose the right ideas, not to mention tweaking and/or adding any of their own.  I also consider myself quite good at taking others writing and editing it to add drama/focus where necessary, but I'm NOT very good at writing from scratch on my own.

That being said...

Quite a few people come to mind when it comes to pushing me to entirely new levels, but in the interest of keeping with your question I'd have to say B, first and foremost, because I've worked so closely with him a number of times over the years.  I've had the privilege of directly feuding with both OutKast and King (not sure how many people can say that), but our second feud was obviously much better (3M vs King), and stands as the catalyst that rejuvenated Mirage by creating the 3M character.  While we both vastly improved over the years, I can't pretend I'm anywhere near B in terms of writing talent.  I've just always been good at latching onto the right people to make me look better than I really am. :)

The other person who brings me to another level is Mario (Cronos), however, I never actually had a full on feud with him, so I can't really compare it to when I worked with B.

xiv

• B once fired a guy for me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 18, 2014, 01:23:31 PM »
Who was an efedding character(s) that on first inspection you were like "nah", but then ended up becoming a huge fan of?

Mirage

• 3M
  • SHOOT Project Soldiers
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 19, 2014, 10:12:18 AM »
Who was an efedding character(s) that on first inspection you were like "nah", but then ended up becoming a huge fan of?

My first reaction to ANY female efed wrestler trying to wrestle men is an automatic, "nah".  And no, not because I'm sexist (I have two daughters), but because I'm realistic.  I cannot suspend belief enough to see a 5'4" 145lb woman fighting a 6'2"+ 240lb man (and that's not even big for most male efed wrestlers).  That being said, one of them in particular won me over, and that was Tanya Black, to the point I even sold for her during a run-in at one point.

Another was Maya Nakashima.  When he won the world title, my immediate reaction was, "nope, bad, that's at best a cruiserweight level champion, but NOT a world champion in the heavyweight division".  He's just too small to take seriously in that division.  That being said, the writing skill of the handler has accomplished much to win me over, but I'm still of the opinion that Maya is undersized/underweight, and yes, I realize that's just a stupid statistic written on a made up e-wresters roster page, but it IS written.  If Maya was listed as 6'0"+/225lbs+ I would have no issues whatsoever, because the writing skill and story he wrote/is writing deserves the recognition.  Ignoring the size/weight issues I'm hung up on, the Maya's ability cannot be called into question, so in that regard the character has won me over.