November 24, 2017, 06:08:46 PM

Author Topic: J-AMA  (Read 4269 times)

Cross Recoba

• X-REGISTERED
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
Re: J-AMA
« Reply #50 on: September 10, 2014, 06:46:09 AM »
Quatum Leap time - oh boy! If you could be Sam Beckett and go back in SHOOT history, what event would you change, who would you be, and who would be Al?

Matt

• X-REGISTERED
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 10, 2014, 09:43:12 AM »
On a scale of 1 - 10, with 10 being "every waking moment" and 1 being "maybe only three times a day" - how much did you miss me while I was gone?

J

• Supreme Commander
  • The Brass
    • View Profile
    • http://www.shootproject.com/
« Reply #52 on: September 10, 2014, 10:30:51 AM »
25, buddy.  25.

J

• Supreme Commander
  • The Brass
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 10, 2014, 10:31:20 AM »
Quatum Leap time - oh boy! If you could be Sam Beckett and go back in SHOOT history, what event would you change, who would you be, and who would be Al?

Shit pigeons match. 

I'd already be running SHOOT and this wouldn't have happened ever.  S'all I'll say about it.

Cross Recoba

• X-REGISTERED
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #54 on: September 13, 2014, 06:19:44 PM »
Who'd win a Brawl for All here?

J

• Supreme Commander
  • The Brass
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 13, 2014, 06:41:32 PM »

Anyone who had some fight experience, I think. 

Failing that, probably me.  I'm 6'4" 265lbs.  I think I'd stand a pretty good chance of handling anyone in a Brawl for All type atmosphere.  Street fight or something like that, I'd struggle because of my size. 

Cross Recoba

• X-REGISTERED
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #56 on: September 13, 2014, 07:09:30 PM »

Anyone who had some fight experience, I think. 

Failing that, probably me.  I'm 6'4" 265lbs.  I think I'd stand a pretty good chance of handling anyone in a Brawl for All type atmosphere.  Street fight or something like that, I'd struggle because of my size.

How about IC? (Mainly as I'm 5'8, 155lbs and my only real fighting trait is that I fight dirty)

J

• Supreme Commander
  • The Brass
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 13, 2014, 07:25:00 PM »
Man, that's a tough question. 

I think a smaller wrestler would.  Maybe like a Loco or something, weird as that might sound.  Donovan King too.

I could make a case for almost everyone on the roster, I think. Haha.

xiv

• B once fired a guy for me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 13, 2014, 07:39:36 PM »
I"ve never been in a fist fight, so if we did IRL Brawl for All?  I'm tapping otu when the bell rings.

Favorite Wu Tang Song?

Favorite Wu Tang Member? 

J

• Supreme Commander
  • The Brass
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 13, 2014, 08:20:54 PM »
I love the Wu-Tang Clan, so I could go Cream, could go almost anything with ODB on it, but your winner and Wu-Tang Clan Champion is...

"Baddest Man Alive" for favorite song.  Favorite member is the ODB, shout out to the RZA.

Matt

• X-REGISTERED
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: September 13, 2014, 11:13:06 PM »
Favourite Amurrican city to visit?

J

• Supreme Commander
  • The Brass
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 13, 2014, 11:18:52 PM »
As purely a tourist -- Washington, DC. 

For just the awesomeness, Charlotte, NC because my bestest B-uddy lives there.

Entragian

• Project: SCAR
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 17, 2014, 11:56:52 PM »
I think we all have that "one guy" in this game that pushes us to entirely new levels when it comes to competitive writing. That guy that you see you're facing and the first thought in your head is "shitttt...I'm gonna have to bring my best to hang with this dude."

Who is your one guy? (can by someone from the past, doesn't matter)

J

• Supreme Commander
  • The Brass
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 18, 2014, 08:23:10 AM »
I have a few. 

One is you, one is Trey, one is B, one is Dave, and one is Jeff. 

Matt is making me dig down pretty deep this cycle, too, but he's always been really good.  I've just never had a chance to really square off against him.

xiv

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 18, 2014, 01:22:50 PM »
Who was an efedding character(s) that on first inspection you were like "nah", but then ended up becoming a huge fan of?

J

• Supreme Commander
  • The Brass
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 18, 2014, 01:34:10 PM »
Jester Smiles and Ray Willmott. 

Both for similar reasons.  I didn't really get the Smiles character when he first came in, but as I continued to read I got more and more into it.  Same deal with Willmott.  Ray's an incredible writer, so eventually I just came around. 

DrezzyF2T

• SHOOT Project Soldiers
  • Life. Deal. Rock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 18, 2014, 04:41:26 PM »
What kind of production quality/presentation do you picture for SHOOT? Is it presented more like WWE programming, TNA, UFC, New Japan, etc.?

*"Behind the Scenes" graphic by Sam Valentine
*Corey Lazarus banner by Ben Duke

J

• Supreme Commander
  • The Brass
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 18, 2014, 08:54:25 PM »
Kinda a hybrid UFC/WWE style deal.  The Epicenter isn't really arranged like a typical wrestling arena.  It's more about stadium seating going down to the floor and surrounding the ring in a circular way.  Kinda like a gladiator arena more than a wrestling one.

xiv

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 18, 2014, 10:19:55 PM »
What three guys/girls would you take off the main roster and move to NXT?

J

• Supreme Commander
  • The Brass
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 18, 2014, 10:45:08 PM »
This is actually an interesting question to ask at this point because I was thinking today about what they could do to make NXT a viable "competitor" like HHH wants it to be.  I can't answer this for females because I think they're all mostly interchangeable right now.

So, I'm going to fantasy book the answer to that question: 

Males:  Previous Nexus guys.  Otunga, Darren Young, and Heath Slater.  I would have them managed by Christian.
Reasoning:  Those four aren't doing anything.  The "new class" at NXT is starting to make some waves.  The authority decides that maybe NXT is getting a little too cocky (you could say that you've started to see the beginning of this with the way Zayn was acting on the 9/18 NXT), and they want to make sure that they have things under control before they "come up to the main roster." 

At that point, I basically do a reverse invasion/nWo style thing.  WWE talent comes in, just interrupts everything.  Neville, Zayn, whoever are laid out, and then Christian comes out and establishes their purpose.  It goes like that for awhile, but then you start having those guys get fed up that they keep getting bitched out on their "home turf" and then they start showing up on Raw because they want vengeance. 

Eventually, I would have Raw cease to acknowledge NXT as a WWE brand, kinda in a "we want to sweep this under the rug" type deal.  But you have the group that was attacked at the beginning start showing up in various spots on Raw.  Put them in the front row. Have them attack someone who's high profile.  REALLY high profile.  Probably not John Cena, though.  Maybe someone who's about to go off to a movie and can take the time off. 

They need to really be established as a threat which is feasible because it's all WWE anyway, rather than how they mishandled WCW guys.  Spend the months this takes building up the originally attacked group (we'll say Zayn, Neville, Steen, Devitt, and Itami just to get my smark dream going).  Have them pick up surprising victories.  Finally, HHH has had enough.  He comes out, says they're going to put a stop to this once and for all.  Survivor Series style match or War Games or whatever. 

Doesn't matter who wins at this point.  You can start having guys break away from the NXT group to pursue their own shit, whether it's on Raw or on NXT because NXT is a credible and legitimate second option.  The show is booked way differently than Raw is.  They can eventually move away from the invasion-style angle and go back to things that are more traditional because of this.  Essentially, it's a legitimate brand split (which I normally hate) using the developmental fed as the second brand.  NXT is only on the Network, so people have to buy it to see that side of it.  They'll be curious because of the invasion and the "who the fuck are these guys" factor. 

I wish they'd had this with the Nexus, honestly.  It would have been perfect that way.

My idea went off the tracks at some point here, but I don't care.  Bottom line is, Nexus guys for the three.  Have Raw reverse invade NXT.  It gives credibility to NXT and gets people who aren't really doing much some time to do stuff.

xiv

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 18, 2014, 10:51:12 PM »
I like that.  Especially if you have some WWE main roster guys side with NXT.  LIke what if Cesaro ends up being like Fuck RAW, and joins up with NXT. 

J

• Supreme Commander
  • The Brass
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 18, 2014, 10:58:19 PM »
I think to do that successfully (e.g. not like what they did with Stone Cold) you have to start really early with guys maybe getting a little bit shunned or something so that a turn like that is organic and not just random and weird.

Entragian

• Project: SCAR
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 18, 2014, 11:01:29 PM »
Which SoA character would you compare Corazon to?

J

• Supreme Commander
  • The Brass
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 18, 2014, 11:06:20 PM »
Jax, I think. 

Struggles with wanting to do the right thing instead of succumbing to what he "knows".  Still wants to be good, but recognizes the necessity of being bad at times too.

xiv

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 18, 2014, 11:11:33 PM »
I think to do that successfully (e.g. not like what they did with Stone Cold) you have to start really early with guys maybe getting a little bit shunned or something so that a turn like that is organic and not just random and weird.

Totally.  Part of why I picked Cesaro was his tie to the brand.  You could do it with Rollins or Ambrose too.  If it was, say, Daniel Bryan it'd feel weird to me.