October 20, 2017, 03:21:53 PM

Author Topic: Bai-MA  (Read 3139 times)

Cross Recoba

• X-REGISTERED
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
Bai-MA
« on: September 03, 2014, 03:54:27 PM »
Go on, have at it. Anything and everything will be answered in some form or fashion.

Paul Jarvis

• X-REGISTERED
    • View Profile
Re: Bai-MA
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2014, 05:51:00 PM »
How many e-feds have you been in and have you always played Cross Recoba or is he brand new in SHOOT Project land?
On the Eighth Day God Said... "Let there Be Jarvis."

And there was.  And He IS Good.

Cross Recoba

• X-REGISTERED
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2014, 06:19:12 PM »
How many e-feds have you been in and have you always played Cross Recoba or is he brand new in SHOOT Project land?

Number of efeds? Far too many to count. I started doing this in 1999 so the answer really is too many. You could get away with writing far too many rps in far too many places to be able to keep up because the idea of a two paragraph promo was the norm. Since I started doing it again in like 2005 I've only really been in two places, TNW and PWA (which both had Justin, Steve, and Sam in).

I didn't always play Cross Recoba. Originally I made a guy called Miami Missile (it was 1999, I came up with the name when I was 6 and first got into wrestling(I'm English, let's start there on ridiculousness). He was pretty much a generic long-haired guy who wrestled because he was second-generation (if I went into all the traits I'd tell you to do a shot for every cliché you caught). I used him when I got back into it at uni and pretty much made him an extension of me (so pot-head university student humour was prevalent). Had him play the straight man to a host of characters, who I'd also used at one point or another in e-wrestling.

There was Tyler Thompson, who was pretty much a facsimile of the writer you're all thinking of right now. Stone Buckley who was a mediocre wrestler cum manager who lucked out on the lottery and made Miami the straight man to his comic foil and then there was Al Jabroni who was a loveable useless wrestler.

Cross came about from living by myself in my last year of university with no internet connection and my love of organised crime non-fiction and fiction. He was brought into PWA and I found writing a story arc was a lot more fun than 'Miami takes on the dreaded ancient monster 'The Resthold''.

Having not been in e-wrestling since PWA shut in 2011 I toyed with the idea of getting back to this so whilst the character isn't new it's a slightly fresher, hopefully more well-rounded take on the character.

SV

• The Artist
  • SHOOT Project Soldiers
  • I hold a mirror against a mirror against a mirror.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2014, 04:09:54 PM »
Who'd win. Recoba or Miami?

Newcomer of the Year 2013.

Omar Owens

• w/ Freak Nasty 1
  • X-REGISTERED
  • A Breath of Fresh Air
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2014, 06:19:02 PM »
What was 6 year old you thinking about when he came up with the name Miami Missile?  A wrestler?  A superhero?  A hard-on in some speedos?

---------------------------------------------------------------

Cross Recoba

• X-REGISTERED
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2014, 07:59:57 PM »
Who'd win. Recoba or Miami?

Hmmm, it'd probably be close but Recoba by hook, crook or bribe.

Cross Recoba

• X-REGISTERED
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2014, 08:01:09 PM »
What was 6 year old you thinking about when he came up with the name Miami Missile?  A wrestler?  A superhero?  A hard-on in some speedos?

I was probably nearer 7/8 but Texas Tornado was one of my early favourites and didn't really think of the implications of the name.

G

• G Money Nicholson Jr.
  • SHOOT Project Soldiers
  • I don't hate Tim on Tuesdays or Thursdays
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2014, 09:34:46 PM »
Why SHOOT Project? What brought you to us, and what kept you here?

Support SHOOT Project by visiting our eWtorch database posting here:

"Will your buddy let you fuck a midget in his bed? If the answer is yes, then you know that dude is solid."
"Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily."

Napoleon Bonaparte

Cross Recoba

• X-REGISTERED
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2014, 09:52:51 PM »
Why SHOOT Project? What brought you to us, and what kept you here?

Sam, I trust his judgement. As to why I decided to stay here? Everyone seemed pretty cool, the history drew me in and from what I read from Sam's recommend intro reading it seemed a good fit. 

xiv

• B once fired a guy for me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2014, 05:08:30 PM »
So what do we as a group don't know about you that we should know?

Cross Recoba

• X-REGISTERED
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2014, 06:08:46 PM »
    So what do we as a group don't know about you that we should know?

A quick list of stuff
    • British
    • Play guitar, bass, piano, banjo, ukele and sorta sing. Once or twice a year I play a gig but I refer to myself as a retired failed musician
    • Listen to anything but disco and most new R & B
    • Top 5 bands at this moment in time = Pearl Jam, Hendrix, Jeff Buckley, Bon Iver, Glass animls
    • Top 5 films at this moment in time = Godfather, BASEketball, In the Loop, Withnail & I, Fast Times at Ridgemont High
    • Must watch TV at the moment - Mad Men, Franklin & Bash, Cuckoo, The League
    • Apparently, according to friends, I'm Withnail, which is lovely of them to say so
    • I spend far too much of my time on clothes despite looking like a 90s throwback
    • Work for a tech company doing social media for them
    • Have ridiculous trivia around Saved by the Bell
    • Steve, I too have both opened and closed a pub, along with buying a round for the pub
    • Steve and I WILL bicker. I'll call him a weegie, he'll call me a poor man's Chesney Hawkes
    • Watched wrestling since I was like 6
    • Top 5 - Bret, Shawn, Flair,  Jannetty, Arn
    • Favourite match - HBK/Flair
    • Used to wrestle for a small independent company in the UK in my teens
    • Used to promote gigs with a mate under the banner 'Mack Daddy P's Big Night Out' (Long story behind the name)
    • Help out my mate who makes various EDM - cheap plug. Another band I know are also kickass - cheap plug #2
    • Favourite sports teams - Watford (soccer), Northampton Saints (Rugby), Wings (NHL)
    • Unsurprisingly I've read everything Puzo wrote, also have a pretty impressive collection of books on Italian/American organized crime

That should be enough to get started[/list]

SV

• The Artist
    • SHOOT Project Soldiers
    • I hold a mirror against a mirror against a mirror.
      • View Profile
    « Reply #11 on: September 07, 2014, 06:22:16 PM »
    What characters stand out the most to you thus far in SHOOT?

Newcomer of the Year 2013.

Cross Recoba

• X-REGISTERED
      • View Profile
      • Twitter
    « Reply #12 on: September 07, 2014, 06:36:21 PM »
    What characters stand out the most to you thus far in SHOOT?

Without trying to pick favourites, whilst doing exactly that - and omitting Zex, O2 and Miles.

- Entragian, trying to catch up on his back story to see just how big a turnaround this is.
    - Buck Dresden, I'm a sucker for a guy who writes revisionist history...although when I first read a promo with him featured I assumed he was like Dutch Mantell
    - Kale Tanev, some great character work and it's an interesting approach to a character with the backstory. Eschews almost all tropes of the 'I came from nothing'.

Then there are characters who I love seeing in the shows but haven't gotten round to reading enough of their work to comment.

- Maya, as much of a fan as I was of Lenny and Lodi I like this much more modern approach to a wrestler who just happens to be gay
    - Billy Winter, from what I've seen in segments I need to make a point to go read up on the guy's promos
    - Chaos, I love the unpredictability of what you'll get with him and look forward to seeing how he runs with his belt.

Any others? Like so! TCHA! With my knee!

xiv

• View Profile
    « Reply #13 on: September 08, 2014, 08:45:14 PM »
    Two part League question:  Does any of it go over your head (specifically if they go heavy with the Fantasy, or even NFL jargon) -  and who is your favorite Character?

Cross Recoba

• X-REGISTERED
      • View Profile
      • Twitter
    « Reply #14 on: September 09, 2014, 02:39:41 AM »
    Two part League question:  Does any of it go over your head (specifically if they go heavy with the Fantasy, or even NFL jargon) -  and who is your favorite Character?

I have a passable NFL knowledge (although Madden in Franchise mode is ridiculous) so I pick up most of the jokes and players.

Of the regular cast it's Ruxin, of all the cast it's his dad by a country mile

Matt

• X-REGISTERED
      • View Profile
    « Reply #15 on: September 09, 2014, 12:20:53 PM »
    Who is the most "forever unclean" character in SHOOT?

Cross Recoba

• X-REGISTERED
      • View Profile
      • Twitter
    « Reply #16 on: September 09, 2014, 12:54:02 PM »
    Who is the most "forever unclean" character in SHOOT?

Hmmm, well firstly I'll throw this to the floor to get anyone else's opinion.

My answer - historically, has to be Entragian, the guy is/was a sodding cannibal. Currently? Billy Winter perhaps? Who knows if Chaos isn't living like Rafi in his spare time?

xiv

• View Profile
    « Reply #17 on: September 10, 2014, 04:20:18 PM »
    Why A Wings fan in hockey?

Cross Recoba

• X-REGISTERED
      • View Profile
      • Twitter
    « Reply #18 on: September 10, 2014, 05:21:07 PM »

I believe the answer is NHL 94

Matt

• X-REGISTERED
      • View Profile
    « Reply #19 on: September 10, 2014, 05:36:45 PM »

Poor Brad Mcrimmon. Never got any respect.

Cross Recoba

• X-REGISTERED
      • View Profile
      • Twitter
    « Reply #20 on: September 10, 2014, 06:06:48 PM »

Poor Brad Mcrimmon. Never got any respect.

LA Kings were also fun in that game - Gretzky and Robitaille on offense, McSorley when you couldn't be bothered to load up Mike Tyson.

Entragian

• Project: SCAR
      • View Profile
    « Reply #21 on: September 10, 2014, 06:29:50 PM »
    Since you're a fan of The League is it also safe to say you're a fan of It's Always Sunny?

Cross Recoba

• X-REGISTERED
      • View Profile
      • Twitter
    « Reply #22 on: September 10, 2014, 06:36:15 PM »
    Since you're a fan of The League is it also safe to say you're a fan of It's Always Sunny?

I own a dicktowel

Entragian

• Project: SCAR
      • View Profile
    « Reply #23 on: September 10, 2014, 06:47:50 PM »

I own a dicktowel

Damn good investment. Dicktowels and kitten mittens all day, erry day.

Who is the Dennis of SHOOT? The Charlie of SHOOT? The Mac of SHOOT? Feel free to go through them all if you want.

Cross Recoba

• X-REGISTERED
      • View Profile
      • Twitter
    « Reply #24 on: September 10, 2014, 07:45:32 PM »

I own a dicktowel

Damn good investment. Dicktowels and kitten mittens all day, erry day.

Who is the Dennis of SHOOT? The Charlie of SHOOT? The Mac of SHOOT? Feel free to go through them all if you want.

Damn good question.

Based on what I can work out so far.

Dennis = Billy Winter, the narcissism, the sadism.
    Charlie = Chaos - it makes sense, make the Waitress - Samantha Coil now book that, J, do it!
    Mac = Buck Dresden, perhaps
    Frank = Could Paul Jarvis do it or is he Rickety Cricket?
    Macpoyles = Not totally right but a Project: Scar version of the McPoyles would b horrifying

Man, I wish I had more history here to get The Lawyer, Artemis and Sweet Dee in!