August 18, 2017, 10:16:28 AM

Author Topic: AMA: Drew  (Read 2679 times)

Maya Nakashima

• SHOOT Project Soldiers
    • View Profile
Re: AMA: Drew
« Reply #25 on: September 10, 2014, 04:07:02 PM »
How did you get involved with e-wrestling in the first place?

I'd always been into writing stories, even when I was a little kid, so the whole forum RPG thing was always something I enjoyed. It eventually tied into e-wrestling because of how big of a Tajiri mark I was back when I was like... 10 or so. I would Google information on him, wrestling stuff, and eventually I came across an "e-wrestling" site and it just kinda naturally fit all the pieces of my hobbies together. It was pretty much just happenstance and fandom over Tajiri, who was my first character in an all WWE/F driven fed.

DrezzyF2T

• SHOOT Project Soldiers
  • Life. Deal. Rock.
    • View Profile
AMA: Drew
« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2014, 09:55:28 AM »
For whatever reason, you're in charge of the next WWE game. The developers and programmers and even WWE are all on board behind your vision. What's the game going to be like?

*"Behind the Scenes" graphic by Sam Valentine
*Corey Lazarus banner by Ben Duke

xiv

• B once fired a guy for me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2014, 11:41:27 AM »
XBox 1 or PS4?  (and why)

Maya Nakashima

• SHOOT Project Soldiers
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 14, 2014, 05:04:43 PM »
For whatever reason, you're in charge of the next WWE game. The developers and programmers and even WWE are all on board behind your vision. What's the game going to be like?

I've never really thought about that much, to be honest. I like the way the mechanics in the game work right now, but I would seriously tweak the targeting mechanics, it always felt clunky and being in the slight wrong spot meant attacking the referee or your tag team partner. I would also bring back the Road to WrestleMania and make it exclusively for your CAW. There would be a separate mode, similar to what they've done in the past, where you can replay WWE/F's biggest moments but I want there to be a spotlight on the CAW you painstakingly spend the time to make just right. It would be labor intensive, but there would scenarios for Heel, Face, Neutral, and Joke characters. In doing this, your CaW can actually be the alignment you want him to be. You have no idea how stupid my CAW Kenji looks when he's happy and jumping up and down like a fucking tool bag just because it's the stock ending for EVERYONE.

So, yeah, I guess just, in a nutshell, more freedom to make your CAW matter and make it the wrestler you want him/her to be.

XBox 1 or PS4?  (and why)

Both and PC. In an ideal world I would allow for cross platform play as well, so people from all consoles and computers can fight online.

Entragian

• Project: SCAR
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 17, 2014, 11:56:08 PM »
I think we all have that "one guy" in this game that pushes us to entirely new levels when it comes to competitive writing. That guy that you see you're facing and the first thought in your head is "shitttt...I'm gonna have to bring my best to hang with this dude."

Who is your one guy? (can by someone from the past, doesn't matter)

Maya Nakashima

• SHOOT Project Soldiers
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 18, 2014, 12:51:04 AM »
I think we all have that "one guy" in this game that pushes us to entirely new levels when it comes to competitive writing. That guy that you see you're facing and the first thought in your head is "shitttt...I'm gonna have to bring my best to hang with this dude."

Who is your one guy? (can by someone from the past, doesn't matter)

For the longest time it was close between Ben (Azraith's handler) and Hantakira's handler, whose name escapes me at the moment, he was also Dropkick Murphy... I feel I have sinned in forgetting his name. With Ben, I faced him numerous times, and it never got any easier. Both seemed to tell such a compelling story while still making it relevant to whatever match they were put in for the week and that was something I always struggled with. I feel like I can tell a story, but I have a hard time making it relevant to a wrestling match at the same time.

Recently, it could be any number of people on the roster because of how stacked it is, consider that a cop out if you want.

xiv

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 18, 2014, 12:17:29 PM »
haha  ^5 cop out.  As I did the same thing.

So have you got a NHL countdown clock rolling in your house?

Maya Nakashima

• SHOOT Project Soldiers
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 19, 2014, 01:01:05 AM »
haha  ^5 cop out.  As I did the same thing.

So have you got a NHL countdown clock rolling in your house?

Not really, although I do regularly check how much time is left until the first game. I only know the days, not like the specific hours and minutes. Last I checked it was like 20 days away. Most excited to see Nashville's season now that they have a healthy Pekka Rinne, Seth Jones has a season under his belt, new coach Peter Laviolette, and the addition of James Neal. They should be able to make the playoffs... key word being "should".

xiv

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 19, 2014, 08:20:41 AM »
Who will be the Conference Finals/Stanley Cup Finals/Champions?  (yes this IS ridiculous, but hey they do it for the NFL every year!)

Maya Nakashima

• SHOOT Project Soldiers
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 19, 2014, 11:52:08 PM »
Who will be the Conference Finals/Stanley Cup Finals/Champions?  (yes this IS ridiculous, but hey they do it for the NFL every year!)

For Eastern Conference I'll saaaay... Boston v. Montreal.

For the Western Conference, maybe Nashville v. Vancouver.

I'm going to go with my top two teams in the Stanley Cup Finals, so Montreal v. Nashville which would make the suits horribly mad because they aren't huge market teams... in the US anyway.

xiv

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 28, 2014, 09:15:16 AM »
Rank your top 5  choices (so #1 would be something you couldn't live without)  in entertainment (internet is dq'd from this process)  -  ie:  sports, music, movies, tv, books, video games, art ...  etc.

Entragian

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 01, 2014, 02:09:27 PM »
Who is your favorite Batman villain from the comics and how would you like to see that villain portrayed on Gotham?

xiv

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 01, 2014, 09:28:49 PM »
Who would you root for in your Cup Finals?

Maya Nakashima

• SHOOT Project Soldiers
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 02, 2014, 07:16:25 PM »
Rank your top 5  choices (so #1 would be something you couldn't live without)  in entertainment (internet is dq'd from this process)  -  ie:  sports, music, movies, tv, books, video games, art ...  etc.

I had somewhat of a write up for these and then my browser decided to force close, so here's the quick run down.

TV, because most shit I watch is streamed online anyway.

Video Games, because I spend stupid amounts of money on it and it occupies a lot of my free time.

Music, because why the fuck not I always listen to it.

Anime, because I'm a horrible anime nerd and try to hide it because of the negative stigma, i.e weaboo, most people have for it.

Something to Write With, if I didn't have any means to write, like all of them were taken away, I'd probably deem this planet unworth to live on.

Who is your favorite Batman villain from the comics and how would you like to see that villain portrayed on Gotham?

If we're being honest, I never read the comics. I watched the 90s cartoon and always found myself drawn to Harley Quinn. Back then I didn't really know her backstory, but something about how naive and utterly hopeless she was for the Joker was interesting, despite 99% of the time it being a very one sided romance. No idea how I'd want to see it portrayed in Gotham, probably the exact way it always unfolded with Harley being the Joker's psychiatrist and slowly being manipulated and pulled to the dark side. For some reason I feel like a blonde Christina Ricci would make a wonderful Harley.

Who would you root for in your Cup Finals?

If my Stanley Cup Finals came about... that'd be tough. It'd be a win/win situation for me regardless, but I think I'd have to pull for Montreal. I'd love to see Carey Price finally get the validation of a Stanley Cup after so many years of enduring the Montreal media and being the backbone of the team.

xiv

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 30, 2014, 08:28:11 PM »
Give me three LEGIT positives about John Cena.

Entragian

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 31, 2014, 12:01:23 AM »
I'd like to get your thoughts on heel vs heel...do you think it can work? I'm talking storyline/feud...not a one-off match. In all of your time in e-fedding have you seen any examples of heel vs heel that ended up being really entertaining and well executed?

Maya Nakashima

• SHOOT Project Soldiers
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 31, 2014, 02:29:26 PM »
Give me three LEGIT positives about John Cena.

1. I'm sure he's a nice guy outside of his WWE persona.

2.He probably works really hard despite the results.

3. When he chooses to job out it's always epic as shit.

I'd like to get your thoughts on heel vs heel...do you think it can work? I'm talking storyline/feud...not a one-off match. In all of your time in e-fedding have you seen any examples of heel vs heel that ended up being really entertaining and well executed?

Heel vs. Heel is tough for a lengthy period of time, be it e-fed or real wrestling. Because when you put two heels together then naturally the fans, viewers, or whatever are going to get behind one or the other. Like, the first time Kenji went heel was because he started feuding with Azraith DeMitri over the fact that he killed his son. Kenji wasn't a good guy by any stretch of the imagination, he was a Monster Heel. But Azraith was a bigger monster for killing a child so the Monster Heel that had no business being a face was suddenly a much more appealing favorite than a child killer and he gets the face rub for no other reason than being more palatable. I think it's best to just one off Heel vs. Heel feuds because the inevitable outcome is one of those heels getting a face push for not being as much of a dick as the other guy.

Entragian

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 06, 2014, 02:21:02 AM »
Throwing it back to ya...

As I assume you have a Celebrity Crush list, as most men do, who are your Top 5?

Maya Nakashima

• SHOOT Project Soldiers
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 06, 2014, 05:24:00 AM »
Throwing it back to ya...

As I assume you have a Celebrity Crush list, as most men do, who are your Top 5?

Somehow I knew you would...

#5. Olivia Wilde - This one was, for the longest time, a shallow choice and it still kinda is. I mean she's a gorgeous woman, without a doubt. But I think I really started to like her after she was in Tron: Legacy as Quorra. She portrayed this innocent naivete that was just... you couldn't not like her. So, yeah, she's gorgeous and she was in one of my favorite movies in an extremely likeable role.

#4. LiSA - I think her real name is Oribe Risa, but she's a pretty famous Japanese singer that does a bunch of anime theme songs. She's a cute little thing, but her vocals are so amazing that, to me, it makes her like a million times more attractive than any supermodel, which is kind of a tie in to #3. If you really want to hear her at her best, look up the OST for an anime called Angel Beats and listen to a song called "Ichiban no Takaramono" (My Most Precious Treasure) and tell me you aren't wowed into loving her with how much emotion and vocal beauty she throws into that thing.

#3. Shohreh Aghdashloo - Might seem like a strange choice for my top 3, since she's 62 right now, but her voice has been in a bunch of games that I play, specifically Mass Effect as Tali's aunt and in Destiny as FWC's representative, and her voice is one of the most soothing beautiful things I've heard in a while. So, while my attraction to her might not be physical, every time I hear her voice it soothes my soul.

#2. Zoey Saldana - I know she's married and with child, but Avatar was literally my favorite moments after I saw it. So, since I loved Neytiri's character so god damn much, that affection transferred over to Zoey, who is already an immensely attractive female.

#1. Shailene Woodley - I know she's a popular name now, but my God she'd got to be one of the most beautiful people on this Earth. Like, I think my mom showed Divergent to me once and I was astonished at how amazingly large and mirror like her eyes were and how attractive I found that. It also didn't hurt that she literally doesn't have a bad hairstyle, ever, has a pretty bangin' body, and her movies aren't too bad either.

Entragian

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 11, 2014, 12:06:01 AM »
Fantasy stable booking: If you could go back and add three soldiers from any era of SHOOT into the Project: SCAR stable, who would you choose and why?

Maya Nakashima

• SHOOT Project Soldiers
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: November 12, 2014, 02:03:03 AM »
Fantasy stable booking: If you could go back and add three soldiers from any era of SHOOT into the Project: SCAR stable, who would you choose and why?

Honestly? That would probably just end up being a reunion of the Family, cause I'd really want Sammy, Caldwell, and Mallows back in the Family prime. Like, next to Project: SCAR that was legit the most fun I've had in a stable, group, or anything of that nature. So, as weird as it sounds, my dream reformation of Project: SCAR from Soldiers of SHOOT past... would be the Family.