November 24, 2017, 06:12:14 PM

Author Topic: The Acquisition [Part 1]  (Read 365 times)

The Imperium

• SHOOT Project Soldiers
    • View Profile
The Acquisition [Part 1]
« on: October 18, 2014, 03:34:42 PM »
“You ever wonder what you’re going to do with all of them?”

The voice is a man sitting next to the owner and operator of Reality Check Wrestling, the Real Deal, Josh Johnson.  They’re watching a match down at RCW’s Inner Sanctum between Arturo Escuela and Pablo Diablo.  The how’s and why’s of the match aren’t important, but Escuela is currently on the offensive and Diablo is trying to keep his head above water. 

“Sometimes I do, but then I think about how long it took for me to become who I was in the SHOOT Project ring, and I don’t worry about it as much,” the Real Deal responds, “ultimately, some of them will sink and some of them will swim.” 

He hears a chuckle come from the man to his left and it’s clear that the two of them have a decent relationship. 

“You remember what my terms were when I agreed to come down here, instead of enjoying a very easy, lucrative career as a trainer in SHOOT?” the man on the left asks. 

“I do,” Real Deal says, “you said you’d only come down here until you came up with an idea for your return to the SHOOT Project.  You’ve done good work down here for the past year, and the guys all look up to and respect you.” 

“I know they do and to be honest with you, if I hadn’t come up with this idea, I wouldn’t even be thinking of making my return,” the man on the left adds, “plus, I’d have to agree that I’ve done good work here and I love these guys.  They’ve been my family since I came down.” 

Real Deal nods. 

“So what’s the angle?” Josh asks, “the big idea that you’re going to take back to Vegas?”

The man on the left shrugs his shoulders and pauses. 

“I’m going to take a couple of guys from here and a guy from Alienation.  Put all of us in masks, go up to Vegas, and start making statements,” he finally says, “I’ve already talked to the two guys here I want to go and they’re, pretty obviously, interested. 

“You’re gonna just jack two of my guys like that?” Real Deal remarks with a sarcastic-but-incredulous tone, “Just like that… and you’re gonna take a guy from Sean’s place, too?  You already talked to him as well?” 

“I haven’t talked to Sean yet, if that’s what you mean,” the man on the left replies, “but I have talked to the guy from there that I want and he’s in.  This is gonna be something, Josh.  Plus, it gets exposure for the regional feds which never hurts.” 

Real Deal smiles and turns to look at the man on the left.

“Never would have figured you for even a semi-business man, nevermind someone who raids talent!”

“Hey, I’m just trying to do something different that makes a little bit of sense.  You know it’s not personal.”

“Of course I know,” Real Deal says, “this is the kinda thing that we wanted out of these feds.  I’ll let Sean know you’re going to chat with him.  I believe he’s in Vegas right now, though he’s flying out to Japan in a day or so.” 

“Thanks for the heads up on that,” the man on the left says, “I’ll probably fly out to Japan and catch him there.  That way I can get my guy as soon as possible.”

“Yo, I have a couple other questions for you before I give this my blessing,” Real Deal says, cutting him off. 

The man on the left turns and looks to Josh, leaning back in his chair.

“First, have you run this by Jason?  Has he okayed it? This isn’t going to be a surprise for him, I hope.  Also, who are you taking, anyway?”

“So, I actually already got everything cleared with Jason.  About a week ago, I guess.  I just wanted to finish up some of my work here before I really got down to it.  Like I said, I’ve already gotten the go-ahead from the two guys here and the guy in Japan.  Jason loves the idea and can’t wait to see how we bring it together.” 

He stops himself.

“And your second question?  Well…”

Black.