April 23, 2019, 12:17:05 PM

Author Topic: Please Ask Rob Belote Things Here.  (Read 8243 times)

Entragian

• Project: SCAR
    • View Profile
Re: Please Ask Rob Belote Things Here.
« Reply #475 on: June 06, 2012, 05:35:33 PM »
lol whaaaa. this sounds like a sultry mystery.

xiv

• B once fired a guy for me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: June 06, 2012, 07:32:26 PM »
^ Scottie would like to know too I'm sure considering he alerted it to me first. Do tell!

considering i was th first to pose the question in this thread?  You'd be right!  ;)

X-Calibur

• X-REGISTERED
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: June 08, 2012, 11:49:18 AM »
Got some heavy e-fed related questions for you, so bear with me for a moment.

Would you ever consider bringing John Thomas into SHOOT on a part-time basis?  Maybe just to work a program with someone?

Would you ever consider bringing John Thomas into SHOOT on a full-time basis?  Maybe to make a run for a World Title and show the people why JT is your best character?

You're obviously a talented enough writer to be able to do that last thing.  Maybe the newer people around here don't realize that since they haven't seen you in a competitive light, but it's true.  Once upon a time, despite having never won a world title in this circle, you were considered among the best... at least from where I'm sitting.  I've also seen you go toe to toe with some of the most competitive people and win.  I will NEVER forget your war with Cronos Diamante during the Rob Belote retirement tour and how you guys were so wrapped up in the competition aspect of it that you both said fuck the 4 RP rule and actually went about 6 each.

That said, do you think you have it in you to become THAT guy again in SHOOT?  Because I would love to see you make a mark on this circle other having successfully run two memorable efeds.  Goddammit... I want a main event "Durable One" John Thomas push, and I want to see JT's motherfuckin' chicken wing submission run roughshod around here.  :)

TheLegacy

• SHOOT Project Soldiers
    • View Profile
    • GuysNation
« Reply #478 on: June 08, 2012, 01:12:39 PM »
Got some heavy e-fed related questions for you, so bear with me for a moment.

Would you ever consider bringing John Thomas into SHOOT on a part-time basis?  Maybe just to work a program with someone?

Absolutely.

Would you ever consider bringing John Thomas into SHOOT on a full-time basis?  Maybe to make a run for a World Title and show the people why JT is your best character?

I'd consider it, but I don't think I'd have the same results you're predicting.

You're obviously a talented enough writer to be able to do that last thing.  Maybe the newer people around here don't realize that since they haven't seen you in a competitive light, but it's true.  Once upon a time, despite having never won a world title in this circle, you were considered among the best... at least from where I'm sitting.  I've also seen you go toe to toe with some of the most competitive people and win.  I will NEVER forget your war with Cronos Diamante during the Rob Belote retirement tour and how you guys were so wrapped up in the competition aspect of it that you both said fuck the 4 RP rule and actually went about 6 each.

That said, do you think you have it in you to become THAT guy again in SHOOT?  Because I would love to see you make a mark on this circle other having successfully run two memorable efeds.  Goddammit... I want a main event "Durable One" John Thomas push, and I want to see JT's motherfuckin' chicken wing submission run roughshod around here.  :)

You mean you don't want to see him use his Sick Falling Neckbreaker Drop? I mean, isn't that the type of move that needs to be brought to SHOOT based on its pure Awesomene.... oh, right.

If I came back, I'd have to work out a deal where some of the people from SHOOT do guest articles on GuysNation, 'cause if I were roleplaying, I'd be missing out on a fair bit of time that I should be dedicating to the articles / recruitment stuff.

"Belote is now the new quote champion of the AJAX"
Post Whore Goal:
**Completed Goals**
2,222 before 1/1/2012
2,888 before 2/14/2012
4,500 before 12/25/2012
4554 before 1/1/2013
**New Goals**
4664 before 1/1/2013

Entragian

• Project: SCAR
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: June 08, 2012, 04:03:28 PM »
I only have one thing to add. I'm desperate to see some people get their shoulders fucked up in a variety of innovative ways...and JT is the only one I would trust with such shoulder attacks.

TheLegacy

• SHOOT Project Soldiers
    • View Profile
    • GuysNation
« Reply #480 on: June 08, 2012, 04:06:01 PM »
I only have one thing to add. I'm desperate to see some people get their shoulders fucked up in a variety of innovative ways...and JT is the only one I would trust with such shoulder attacks.

I have an awesome idea for one which involves a hammerlock / indian deathlock combination

Post Whore Goal:
**Completed Goals**
2,222 before 1/1/2012
2,888 before 2/14/2012
4,500 before 12/25/2012
4554 before 1/1/2013
**New Goals**
4664 before 1/1/2013

xiv

• View Profile
« Reply #481 on: July 16, 2012, 03:03:45 PM »
Here's a gift for the guy who loves palindromes more than anyone else I've ever met. 

This is my 8888 post, and a gift to you.  Not just a numerical palindrome, but also a visual one as well. 

TheLegacy

• SHOOT Project Soldiers
    • View Profile
    • GuysNation
« Reply #482 on: July 16, 2012, 03:21:47 PM »
Here's a gift for the guy who loves palindromes more than anyone else I've ever met. 

This is my 8888 post, and a gift to you.  Not just a numerical palindrome, but also a visual one as well. 

Awesome, thanks Scotty Loc!

Thanks for the tips re: hats & breakfast, though power went out and other things got in the way, so we didn't have the necessarily plan-flexibility. 

Post Whore Goal:
**Completed Goals**
2,222 before 1/1/2012
2,888 before 2/14/2012
4,500 before 12/25/2012
4554 before 1/1/2013
**New Goals**
4664 before 1/1/2013

xiv

• View Profile
« Reply #483 on: July 16, 2012, 06:16:47 PM »
no problem.  THere is also a Dick's in Downingtown and the Exton Mall is probably closer than coming into WC too.