December 16, 2018, 08:56:07 PM

Author Topic: Ask a Dube!  (Read 4711 times)

Laura Seton

• X-REGISTERED
    • View Profile
Re: Ask a Dube!
« Reply #100 on: August 14, 2011, 08:56:55 PM »
Man crush:

Russell Branyan was number one until this season.  Nyjer Morgan (including 'alter-ego' Tony Plush) has now overtaken him.

Cincy: I can say (in fact, already did elsewhere :)) that I was at the Reds' "Homer Fest" Saturday night.

xiv

• B once fired a guy for me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: August 14, 2011, 09:45:50 PM »
How is the Red's stadium?  Any crazy hijinx on the road?

J

• Supreme Commander
  • The Brass
    • View Profile
    • http://www.shootproject.com/
« Reply #102 on: August 15, 2011, 08:26:42 AM »
I'm not asking this to be incendiary or anything, but just out of psychological curiosity, but what's with the super political correctness that accompanies the way you do things?  Is it just a way you've always been?  I don't have an issue with it, just something I'm curious about.  Most people have a little depravity about them, so I wonder if you do as well. :)

Entragian

• Project: SCAR
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 15, 2011, 03:57:53 PM »
I'll second Josh's question. Do you ever let the dark side of Dube come out to play? And if you do I'll mark my calender because I wouldn't miss that for the world!

xiv

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 15, 2011, 04:02:49 PM »
How many dead hookers are currently collected in the trunk, during your road trip/vacation Dube?    Its okay.  YOu're with friends.

Laura Seton

• X-REGISTERED
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: August 15, 2011, 04:42:43 PM »
Scotty (1): The view from their Riverfront club (got in there via stadium tour) or whatever it's called is awesome with view of the nearby river to the right.  The stadium's "gimmick" (like, Milwaukee has Bernie's Slide, Houston has the hill, the Mets and the apple, etc...) is the set of smokestacks in right-centerfield.  Fireworks come up after homers, so it was cool seeing those go off.  Plus, when an opposing batter strikes out looking, a stream of smoke comes out of them as well.  Overall it's a good stadium.  I should note, and forgot to get the picture or I'd have posted it here, in the entrance to their team Hall of Fame, there's a Mickey Mouse statue completely decked out in Reds clothing and the logo.  It was disturbing to see.  And what do you mean by road hijinx?  The only thing I can think of is nearly losing my mind in traffic coming from Cincy to MD.

Josh: The more I thought about it, it's how I've always been.  I have my dark side and it'll sometimes come out at work and when I'm with my close friends, but otherwise what you see is what you get.

Jer: As long as SHOOT stays open long enough and my side stories can play out, you'll see--maybe not 'disturbing,'--but things that may seem odd considering I'm the one writing.  Case in point: Maddie having "crime scene."  Granted, Scotty and MJ had to explain to me what it was when I first saw the term, but, yeah.

Scotty (2): They aren't dead yet.

J

• Supreme Commander
  • The Brass
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 15, 2011, 04:43:20 PM »
Why don't you ever let the proverbial hair down around us?

xiv

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 15, 2011, 06:25:13 PM »
What, if any, Jerseys do you own?  (throw in the t-shirt jerseys, aka Shirzees as I like to call them, if that applies)

Entragian

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: August 15, 2011, 06:29:20 PM »
Why don't you ever let the proverbial hair down around us?

Is it because your proverbial hair is in a perm and it's difficult to let it down?

Laura Seton

• X-REGISTERED
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: August 16, 2011, 05:24:28 PM »
Josh: Because I wouldn't have much to keep up with you guys.  I don't have enough material like MJ does.

Scotty: Do you want an all-inclusive list or just within the past couple years?  Because I have b-ball jerseys from when I was in middle school and shirzees that go back about 8 years.  Yes, I still have some of those.

Jer: I'm not a big fan of the perm, so even proverbially I'd never get one.

J

• Supreme Commander
  • The Brass
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: August 16, 2011, 05:28:48 PM »
Josh: Because I wouldn't have much to keep up with you guys.  I don't have enough material like MJ does.

That's okay.  I don't really either.  I have yet to use your new favorite phrase amongst the chats.

xiv

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: August 16, 2011, 06:12:29 PM »
if  yo ugot it, list it!

Saint

• Root for the Bad Guy
  • X-REGISTERED
    • View Profile
    • eWScene
« Reply #112 on: August 17, 2011, 09:04:33 AM »
You had the top 5 hottest women.

Now gimme a top 5 that scare the fuck out of you...

xiv

• View Profile
« Reply #113 on: August 17, 2011, 09:55:20 AM »
Favorite tv guilty pleasure

xiv

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: August 18, 2011, 08:39:37 AM »
Would you rather be an all time great who didn't get paid (like a pro athlete from the 50s/60s ) or be a good to all star caliber player today and get crazy bank?

xiv

• View Profile
« Reply #115 on: August 18, 2011, 09:50:53 PM »
if you had STUPID cash... what would be something absurd you'd do with it?

Laura Seton

• X-REGISTERED
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: August 19, 2011, 01:53:00 PM »
Rich's question:

I'd say any gal with a really, really, REALLY short haircut.  All five slots.  I can't think of specifics.  Well, maybe one, but I'd rather not say.

There are eccentric women like Lady Gaga and Ke$ha but, while a touch frightening, I'd still want to get on top of them.  And B says I was responsible for that one picture of Ke$ha.

Laura Seton

• X-REGISTERED
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: August 19, 2011, 02:05:39 PM »
Jerseys/Shirzees listed by sport

Baseball shirzees:
Rickie Weeks
Carlos Lee
Derrick Turnbow
Ryan Braun
Yovani Gallardo
Dave Bush
Todd Coffey
Nyjer Morgan
Likely to add Jordan Zimmerman and Hunter Pence

Jerseys:
Danny Kolb (a former man crush) game-worn Triple-A, 2003 and game-worn Brewer retro, 2003 (worn the same day Randall Simon hit one of the Racing Sausages)

Football jerseys (the stock kind from Wal-Mart, not authentic or replica):
Ahman Green
Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila
A.J. Hawk
Aaron Rodgers
Clay Matthews (blue throwback version, akin to what was worn last year vs. SF)

Basketball Shirzees:
Michael Redd
Andrew Bogut

Jerseys (replicas):
Mookie Blaylock
Latrell Spreewell (GS Warriors)
Charlie Ward
Damon Stoudamire
Marcus Camby (Toronto Raptors)
Mahmoud Abdul-Rauf
Gary Payton (Seattle Supersonics)

Entragian

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: August 19, 2011, 02:10:46 PM »
There are eccentric women like Lady Gaga and Ke$ha but, while a touch frightening, I'd still want to get on top of them. 

Ah shit....I'd say the Dubester is letting his proverbial hair down a bit with that answer! Progress!

If Maddie Seton could chose any guy on the roster to date (besides Loc) who would it be?

Laura Seton

• X-REGISTERED
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: August 19, 2011, 02:17:50 PM »
The rest of Scotty's stuff:

TV Guilty Pleasure: I don't think I have one.  I only watch sports and educational stuff.  If we count DVDs, I guess "ALF."

I think I'd rather be an All-Time great that didn't get the cash.

For STUPID cash: I'd buy the Milwaukee Brewers.  If that actually doesn't count for absurd, then I'd buy as many DVDs as I could.

Laura Seton

• X-REGISTERED
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: August 19, 2011, 09:42:55 PM »
There are eccentric women like Lady Gaga and Ke$ha but, while a touch frightening, I'd still want to get on top of them. 

Ah shit....I'd say the Dubester is letting his proverbial hair down a bit with that answer! Progress!

If Maddie Seton could chose any guy on the roster to date (besides Loc) who would it be?
I'd say Isaac, but I think he's more of an occasional "one-night stand" guy.  The teeth--uh, never mind.

Probably X, since she's had a crush on him since the NYSWF days.

xiv

• View Profile
« Reply #121 on: August 19, 2011, 10:27:37 PM »
What gear do you wear to the game tomorrow?

Kenji Yamada

• The Embodiment of SCAR
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: August 20, 2011, 02:26:02 AM »
What are your feelings on Strasburg? Would I sway your decision if I mentioned how Pro-Strasburg Scotty was with mancrushing on him and how much it would get on his nerves to bash the shit out of him?

There is a special providence in the fall of a sparrow. If it be now, 'tis not to come; if it be not to come, it will be now; if it be not now, yet it will comeā€”the readiness is all.

Laura Seton

• X-REGISTERED
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: August 20, 2011, 11:01:23 PM »
What gear do you wear to the game tomorrow?
I wore a neutral green shirt (and obviously shorts and shoes--just so i dont get any "You only wore a shirt?" responses).

I wanted to wear my Todd Coffey shirt but I left that at home :(  Just as well, since everyone was a Phillies fan.

Laura Seton

• X-REGISTERED
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: August 20, 2011, 11:07:24 PM »
What are your feelings on Strasburg? Would I sway your decision if I mentioned how Pro-Strasburg Scotty was with mancrushing on him and how much it would get on his nerves to bash the shit out of him?
I'm in the camp of "Let's see him actually succeed."  I've seen tons of "can't miss" prospects flame out.  He was starting to sway me before the injury, so now I'm back to "Let's see him succeed."

I'm very aware of Scotty's mancrush.  He was horrifying me last year.  As much fun as it would be to bash the heck out of him, all I can do now is just play the "Please stop" card if Scotty goes 'ooh la la' over him again the instant he takes the mound in DC again.