April 23, 2019, 12:56:22 PM

Author Topic: Ask an old veteran  (Read 1411 times)

JN

• SHOOT Project Joker
  • X-REGISTERED
    • View Profile
Re: Ask an old veteran
« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2012, 01:34:33 PM »
He fell asleep in his rocking chair again.

Sometimes I wish that was the truth

where did you go old timer?  there are question here.  Get to work!

Hey you ain't the boss of me :P

CadreCross

• We all have our Cross to bear ...
  • X-REGISTERED
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 03, 2012, 07:04:22 AM »
Hey, you remember me winning the NYSWF TV Title off you? :D

(mostly bullshit storyline stuff... but a title is a title!)

B: It's possible I have a small man crush on you.  Just wanted to get that out there.
Nicolle: I like you, so I will do things for you.
It's nice to be wanted.

JN

• SHOOT Project Joker
  • X-REGISTERED
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 03, 2012, 04:31:47 PM »
Hey, you remember me winning the NYSWF TV Title off you? :D

(mostly bullshit storyline stuff... but a title is a title!)

Well thats kinda wierd how that happened and I wish we had the stuff for it still cause it was a Tag Team match where both the TV title and Hardcore title were both on the line. I admit it was one of the wierder things I was in espically since I came back to NYSWF like 2 weeks prior.

Cause if memory serves me correctly you had the TV Title and my tag partner Darien Mamoru had the Hardcore title and that night both titles switched cause Dredd won the Hardcore title and when I saw I won the TV Title I swear to you I was like... what the heck happened here?

Didnt have much time to cherish the title cause I lost it 2 weeks later to Zero and that led to the longest title reign at that time

Heard it got broken by someone but honestly with the way I felt about NYSWF after my 2nd run there I could care less about the shit that went on there.

CadreCross

• X-REGISTERED
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 03, 2012, 05:12:42 PM »
Yeah, it was a bullshit win. Also, I'm amazed you remember it so well.

Greg (Dredd's handler) had a good run here last year. He beat four other dudes for the RoS belt as Alex Brooks. :D

B: It's possible I have a small man crush on you.  Just wanted to get that out there.
It's nice to be wanted.

JN

• SHOOT Project Joker
  • X-REGISTERED
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 03, 2012, 08:15:52 PM »
Yeah I do remember some stuff but I ignore all the b.s. from those days

G

« Reply #30 on: February 04, 2012, 02:20:08 PM »
I remember when I wasn't the only Greg here.

I has a sad.

also, JN, how would you compare SHOOT to your other e-feds in history?

JN

• SHOOT Project Joker
  • X-REGISTERED
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 04, 2012, 04:57:10 PM »
Well even with my issues with some E-Feds in the past this one is as good if not better than any of the better E-feds back in the day

I have been a creative person myself but back then it was more smack talk than what most RP's are today

So out of all of them I know SHOOT is in the top 3

Lucy Blaylock

• SHOOT Project Soldiers
  • Feel LOVELESS.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 06, 2012, 06:05:26 AM »
Well even with my issues with some E-Feds in the past this one is as good if not better than any of the better E-feds back in the day

I have been a creative person myself but back then it was more smack talk than what most RP's are today

So out of all of them I know SHOOT is in the top 3

Agreed. Most rps, at least where we come from, were just massive walls of text, all smack talk.

Here, it's a lot different. There's still a bit of smack talk, but it's formatted different, in a way, so you don't miss much. And this place is more story driven, which I like as well. I want to be entertained as I read you alls matches, just like I want you to be entertained when you read my junk.

JN

• SHOOT Project Joker
  • X-REGISTERED
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 07, 2012, 09:56:59 AM »
Agreed. Most rps, at least where we come from, were just massive walls of text, all smack talk.

Here, it's a lot different. There's still a bit of smack talk, but it's formatted different, in a way, so you don't miss much. And this place is more story driven, which I like as well. I want to be entertained as I read you alls matches, just like I want you to be entertained when you read my junk.

And honestly back in the day, A lot of people thought my RP's were crap for one reason or another and I have tried to make sure that they were at least readable but sometimes that didn't help

In my career I had over 100 wins... none of them came easy

Problem with NYSWF they had 2 shows a week and sometimes you got planted on both of em 4 RP's a week sometimes more. Anyone who was in NYSWF back in that time knows where Im going with this and one of the worst offenses is sometimes you get your 2nd RP done your all so happy about it and then your opponent becomes a douchebag and posts a 3rd right under the deadline. I hated that always

This place is more my style one show 2 RP's a week sometimes every 2 weeks.. Love this place

CadreCross

• X-REGISTERED
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 12, 2012, 04:33:26 PM »
It's just generally more grown up here than in our old circuit. :D

No deadlining, no kayfabe-IC crossover with personal bullshit (afaik), no butthurt tantrums when someone doesn't win, no assholes throwing random attacks on your character without telling you, no wins being decided on how many 8th-grade insults you can hurl at your opponent, no putting a character's image before the overall product...

tl;dr - I love you guys. <3

Oh yeah, a question. So WTF have you been doing with yourself the last eight (nine? ten?) years, anyway? I mean, clearly you musta had a bunch of free time if you weren't doing this. :P

It's nice to be wanted.

The Gunslingers

• X-REGISTERED
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 12, 2012, 04:56:41 PM »
i remember when i first got into efedding the rp cycle was 5 days for a show and u could post a max of 2 rps a DAY so u could post up to rps for a match. That was ridiculous and caused abunch of drama because you'd have a guy who would psot 10 short shitty rps and a guy who posted 2 awesome rps arguing over who deserved the win the guy who maxed out or the guy who did 2 really good rps. Ahh good ol days lol

JN

• SHOOT Project Joker
  • X-REGISTERED
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 13, 2012, 02:10:30 PM »
It's just generally more grown up here than in our old circuit. :D

No deadlining, no kayfabe-IC crossover with personal bullshit (afaik), no butthurt tantrums when someone doesn't win, no assholes throwing random attacks on your character without telling you, no wins being decided on how many 8th-grade insults you can hurl at your opponent, no putting a character's image before the overall product...

tl;dr - I love you guys. <3

Oh yeah, a question. So WTF have you been doing with yourself the last eight (nine? ten?) years, anyway? I mean, clearly you musta had a bunch of free time if you weren't doing this. :P

World of Warcraft, too much raiding and grinding I had 3 85's by the time I was done with that mess realizing that it was taking my life over so much I quit

Then im playing Rift and SWTOR but im not as much into them as I was with WoW but honestly I enjoy it this way cause I can split my time with E-Feds and all the MMO's I play and some PS3 playing mixed in the middle that is if im not working that is :P

G

« Reply #37 on: February 13, 2012, 02:18:00 PM »
You should realm switch to Garona and join my guild. WoW = awesome

JN

• SHOOT Project Joker
  • X-REGISTERED
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 13, 2012, 04:16:23 PM »
You should realm switch to Garona and join my guild. WoW = awesome

When you have done 20-40 man raiding for over 7 years almost every night not even adding the amount of headaches I have had with WoW in the past years

Plus... the content is getting a little too easy I remember back in the day it would take a little over a week to hit 60 now it takes 4 days

With the new expansion it took a week to go from 80-85

and the armor and stuff the bonuses are going WAY overboard

I enjoyed it while it lasted but Im not going back to WoW

JN

• SHOOT Project Joker
  • X-REGISTERED
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 16, 2012, 10:04:32 PM »
*bump cause I can, and there is nothing else to do*

G

« Reply #40 on: February 17, 2012, 09:44:45 AM »
When cataclysm dropped I spent that night/morning leveling and hit 85 about thirty minutes after the realm first warrior and about 8 hours after I started playing.

JN

• SHOOT Project Joker
  • X-REGISTERED
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 17, 2012, 10:38:12 AM »
Wish I could of done that but there are some people who can

I was more methodical in my leveling

took me a little under a week

G

« Reply #42 on: February 18, 2012, 02:15:40 AM »
Understandable!

JN

• SHOOT Project Joker
  • X-REGISTERED
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 10, 2012, 12:05:30 PM »
*BUMP*

G

• G Money Nicholson Jr.
  • SHOOT Project Soldiers
  • I don't hate Tim on Tuesdays or Thursdays
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 10, 2012, 12:25:29 PM »
Please come back to WoW, Garona in specific.

Support SHOOT Project by visiting our eWtorch database posting here:

"Will your buddy let you fuck a midget in his bed? If the answer is yes, then you know that dude is solid."
"Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily."

Napoleon Bonaparte

xiv

• B once fired a guy for me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 10, 2012, 06:49:25 PM »
High Five or fist bump?

Rocky Stellar

• X-REGISTERED
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 18, 2012, 08:42:00 AM »
I heard someone say something about an old veteran and decided to check in...

If you NEED my credentials on being an old vet... 42 years old (going on 85) and efedding since the birth of the Internet. (The one Al Gore built, not this one - but, I started in 1994, when I got my first computer.)

But, I'll ask the youngin' a question...

Um... what's all the hullabaloo about X-Box anyway? When I was a kid, we had Atari, and we were lucky to have it!!! And, why don't these fucks stay off my lawn?

JN

• SHOOT Project Joker
  • X-REGISTERED
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 18, 2012, 07:15:38 PM »
High Five or fist bump?

Definally the fist bump

JN

• SHOOT Project Joker
  • X-REGISTERED
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 18, 2012, 07:19:32 PM »
I heard someone say something about an old veteran and decided to check in...

If you NEED my credentials on being an old vet... 42 years old (going on 85) and efedding since the birth of the Internet. (The one Al Gore built, not this one - but, I started in 1994, when I got my first computer.)

But, I'll ask the youngin' a question...

Um... what's all the hullabaloo about X-Box anyway? When I was a kid, we had Atari, and we were lucky to have it!!! And, why don't these fucks stay off my lawn?

Well being only 7 years younger (35) and I started in 97 on E-fedding Ill try to answer your question the right way

Xbox more than anything is to get the kids off your lawn and get them to rage over xbox live instead of you having to blow your voice out trying to get them off your lawn

Or if you play DayZ and these whippersnappers try to go on your lawn in game blast em away with a shotgun....

.... ok..... next question

xiv

• B once fired a guy for me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 19, 2012, 01:23:08 PM »
Should we start an Over 30 club where see sit on the porch complaining about our joints and prostates?