July 23, 2019, 02:39:04 PM

Author Topic: Fun Parenting Stories  (Read 1585 times)

G

Re: Fun Parenting Stories
« Reply #50 on: June 04, 2012, 02:00:31 PM »
I'm thinking three, some others are saying five. I want him to be able to do the age appropriate rides, of course, and he's going to be taller, so I don't have to worry about that.

TheLegacy

• SHOOT Project Soldiers
    • View Profile
    • GuysNation
« Reply #51 on: June 05, 2012, 03:38:47 PM »
I'm waiting until my son turns 3.

He's somewhat tall for his age, and we went to a carnival the other week, and there were 3 rides he could do. Out of about 20.

Sure, he might start waning on the Mickey Mouse insanity, but that might be a good thing.

"Belote is now the new quote champion of the AJAX"
Post Whore Goal:
**Completed Goals**
2,222 before 1/1/2012
2,888 before 2/14/2012
4,500 before 12/25/2012
4554 before 1/1/2013
**New Goals**
4664 before 1/1/2013

Saint

• Root for the Bad Guy
  • X-REGISTERED
    • View Profile
    • eWScene
« Reply #52 on: June 06, 2012, 01:08:41 AM »
So, with the girlfriend's kids...  Her youngest one managed to figure out that he can do the Swanton Bomb off of his playpen onto his big brother.

This is going to be a long childhood.

G

« Reply #53 on: June 06, 2012, 12:28:32 PM »
So, with the girlfriend's kids...  Her youngest one managed to figure out that he can do the Swanton Bomb off of his playpen onto his big brother.

This is going to be a long childhood.

If I could get cable, I'm sure my son would be the same way. He's already "scaling the walls" of his play-pen, lord only knows what he would pick up from watching some of the high fliers of WWE.

The Gunslingers

• X-REGISTERED
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 18, 2012, 09:56:55 AM »
My son has taken to spending a good portion of his day with his tongue hanging out of his mouth and i've started calling him Hacksaw xander when he does such which gets a wierd look from his mother who doesn't get the refrence.

xiv

• B once fired a guy for me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 18, 2012, 02:55:22 PM »
As for the disney question?  If I can toss my non parental 2 cents...  I'd say old enough that they'll remember.  I was 7 on my first trip, and remember almost everything to this day.  I went back with my aunt/uncle/cousin when I was 13.  My cousin was a little younger 5 or 6 on my 2nd trip... He was uber obsessed with the characters and getting their autographs.  He didn't want to do anything else. 

I feel like 3 is too young.  I feel like 5 or 6 would be right in the wheel house. 

Rocky Stellar

• X-REGISTERED
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 21, 2012, 09:24:55 AM »
On Disney World... I am waiting until the youngest is 7 or 8. The reason is because I dont want to go there and have them be turned away from things like the Rockin' Roller Coaster and Space Mountain. My kids are pretty adventurous and would be pissed if they couldn't ride some of the faster rides. Besides, Islands of Adventure is a ton of fun, and a must stop when in Orlando... and they would really want to ride Spider man.

So, we are saving the pennies now in anticipation of going in a couple of years.