April 23, 2019, 12:15:21 PM

Author Topic: Hey hey hey  (Read 767 times)

CJ Nelson

• SHOOT Project Soldiers
    • View Profile
Hey hey hey
« on: April 25, 2012, 06:56:19 PM »
Greetings and salutations to everybody. I hope everybody had a happy ANZAC Day yesterday. Why? Because I did, since I'm currently in the wonderful city of Perth, Australia, courtesy of Uncle Sam and America's favorite carrier, the USS Carl Vinson.

Just checking in with SHOOT, since I haven't been around in a while... two deployments with only 5 months home is a little rough. But the hard part's over, and home comes soon... and after that, from what I understand, we aren't going back out for a long while.

Anyway, just wanted to say hello and see how everybody's doing. I know it's not in the thread, but Happy Birthday, Drew!

Talk to you again soon,
AT3 (AW) Sean Boden
VAQ-134

PS: If anyone wants to get in touch with me and have regular contact, at least while I'm out on the water, you can reach me at firstname dot lastname at navy dot mil (that's an address I really don't want any bots or spiders picking up... spam to a government e-mail is not good).

xiv

• B once fired a guy for me.
    • View Profile
Re: Hey hey hey
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2012, 07:22:39 PM »
BODEN-SAN!!!!!

Listen... You.  Me. 

:D  Glad to hear you're doing well!

J

• Supreme Commander
  • The Brass
    • View Profile
    • http://www.shootproject.com/
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2012, 07:49:02 PM »
Hello sir! 

Glad to hear you're doing okay!

Lucy Blaylock

• SHOOT Project Soldiers
  • Feel LOVELESS.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2012, 01:26:53 AM »
Definately awesome to hear from you Sean. Glad you're doing well. How's the wife and kid?

CJ Nelson

• SHOOT Project Soldiers
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2012, 05:41:52 AM »
Typing on my Kindle, so I apologize in advance for spelling or punctuation problems.

Nicolle and Persephone are doing well, although I haven't seen them in person since December. Before I left, my daughter was crawling. Now she talks and walks. Its like she's an entirely new kid. Thankfully, port visits provide the opportunity for Skype time.

Loco: I tried to talk to my buddies in VFA-22 about getting a ride, but they said no. Something about "liability" and "sitting on live explosives". Sounds like bullshit to me. On the plus side,they do have the best squadron name ever: the Fighting Redcocks. Yes, for real.

Talk at you later,
Boden

Modified: Wow, this post had some serious keyboard AIDS. Now that I'm on an actual computer, time to fix.

B

• Bend the Knee
  • The Brass
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2012, 11:02:47 AM »
Well this just made my day.  So awesome to see you again, dude.

xiv

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2012, 12:02:37 PM »
"sitting on live explosives".

Oh man... *kicks dirt*...  Oooh!  will telling them I'm a huge Dr. Strangelove fan help?   

B

• Bend the Knee
  • The Brass
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2012, 12:58:42 PM »
I...tend to doubt it.  Call me crazy!

Eric Rohkar

• The Assistant Sheriff of Scottingham
  • SHOOT Project Soldiers
    • View Profile
    • wearefilth.com
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2012, 12:59:31 PM »
Good to see you are alive and well Sean!

CJ Nelson

• SHOOT Project Soldiers
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2012, 07:34:30 AM »
"sitting on live explosives".

Oh man... *kicks dirt*...  Oooh!  will telling them I'm a huge Dr. Strangelove fan help?   

Well, I mean, they're not nukes, or anything. I'm not even talking about the bombs and stuff on the wings. I'm just talking about the ejector seat. That shit's no joke.

I'll try it anyway. We'll see how it goes. That squadron's got the only two-seaters on the boat, as far as I know, so unless you know how to fly one of these things, that's your only option. Unless you want to take a ride in the EA-6B 4-seater sedan. That I could arrange a little easier (read: still probably impossible).

On a side note: I can totally understand why we have people decide not to come back from Australia. The Perth/Fremantle area is awesome. Expensive, but awesome.

xiv

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2012, 08:14:47 AM »
you catch up with any of our Aussie brethren? 

B

• Bend the Knee
  • The Brass
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2012, 11:17:15 AM »
...I miss Australia.

Not a few of the people...but some of the women were fucking fine.

CJ Nelson

• SHOOT Project Soldiers
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2012, 07:45:40 PM »
you catch up with any of our Aussie brethren? 

I was hoping to catch up with Kiah, but I didn't have any contact info for him anymore. Same with Greg. Such is life. I don't know where they live, either... for all I know, they're on the other side of the continent.

...I miss Australia.

Not a few of the people...but some of the women were fucking fine.

QFT.

JN

• SHOOT Project Joker
  • X-REGISTERED
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2012, 12:50:23 AM »
I wonder if Boden remembers me at all

Way to damn long ago

CadreCross

• We all have our Cross to bear ...
  • X-REGISTERED
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2012, 02:11:46 AM »
I was hoping to catch up with Kiah, but I didn't have any contact info for him anymore. Same with Greg. Such is life. I don't know where they live, either... for all I know, they're on the other side of the continent.

Knowing your deadpan sense of humour, Boden-kun, I'm trying to figure out if that was a joke... YES, I live on the other side of the continent, like 95% of our population Greg and I live on the only inhabitable coast. :P And I will second that yes, Perth/Freo is awesome (the only sign of civilisation west of Adelaide, the rest is fucking desert and mines) and YES, the women there are damn fine. :D

Fair winds and following seas, sailor.

B: It's possible I have a small man crush on you.  Just wanted to get that out there.
Nicolle: I like you, so I will do things for you.
It's nice to be wanted.

CadreCross

• X-REGISTERED
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2012, 02:28:44 AM »
OH HAI I MADE YOU A MAP

Just to illustrate my point.

B: It's possible I have a small man crush on you.  Just wanted to get that out there.
It's nice to be wanted.

B

• Bend the Knee
  • The Brass
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2012, 11:59:21 AM »
Oh hey I was at the arty place!  It WAS pretentious!

TheLegacy

• SHOOT Project Soldiers
    • View Profile
    • GuysNation
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2012, 12:04:27 PM »
1 - i don't know Boden as well as some of you, but it's good to hear he's doing well. I miss working with him (JT vs Boden was fun)

2 - Curious about the "Amanda Palmer jokes" place

3 - Glad to see this thread hasn't devolved into Fat Albert jokes yet

"Belote is now the new quote champion of the AJAX"
Post Whore Goal:
**Completed Goals**
2,222 before 1/1/2012
2,888 before 2/14/2012
4,500 before 12/25/2012
4554 before 1/1/2013
**New Goals**
4664 before 1/1/2013

CadreCross

• X-REGISTERED
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2012, 06:34:52 PM »
Amanda Palmer (aka Mrs Neil Gaiman, formerly of the Dresden Dolls) has a song called Map Of Tasmania, where she talks about showing off her "map of Tasmania".

Which is Australian slang for a woman's pubic hair, for obvious reasons.

Also, Rob, check out the Old Matches thread and find anything with X-Cal vs Boden. It's some pretty insane stuff.

It's nice to be wanted.

G

« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2012, 12:48:48 AM »
You and the Mrs. Boden have a spot in my heart. Every time I look down at my right leg I think of her, the artist, and thus you. Very happy your daughter is healthy and walking around, both of you deserve it. My son is JUST getting to be able to walk, and is talking Yiddish or something, so I know he's intelligent. Maybe we can get them together for a play date in the future? I've been known to do crazy shit like move states for e-fedders, don't put it past me to arrange a cross country play date or two.

Miss you, tons, but am happy you are safe and, presumably, as happy as can be thousands of thousands of miles away from your family.

X-Calibur

• X-REGISTERED
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2012, 10:04:56 AM »
BODEEEEEEEEEEEN.

It's been way too fucking long since we've talked.  Hopefully some day we can remedy that and catch up.  We've known each other for about 10 or 11 years now, and I sincerely miss the days when we would either chat about random bullshit through all the hours of the night or have one of our "writer's workshop" sessions and just bounce awesome ideas off of each other.  Those were the days...

I still remember when we, along with Jonathan McMahon, and that one dude who disappeared on us, (Nathan, was it?) made that silly attempt to open a fed way back when.  Haha... WTF were we thinkin'?!

Nonetheless, I'm very glad to hear you're kicking some Aussie ass.  Give Kiah an X-Terminator for me, would ya?

;D

X-Calibur

• X-REGISTERED
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2012, 10:06:26 AM »
Also, Rob, check out the Old Matches thread and find anything with X-Cal vs Boden. It's some pretty insane stuff.

This.  Some of my favorite stuff to happen in e-fedding happened with Boden.  Human Torch match FTW.

CJ Nelson

• SHOOT Project Soldiers
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2012, 02:40:06 PM »
So I'm typing on my kindle again, so bear with me.

Here I sit, waiting to get off this boat in Coronado, and wanting mostly to go to sleep. as it stands, I'm looking at a 25-hour day before I can see my wife and daughter for the first time in 6 months. But enough complaining, the important part is that I am back in the US again. Yay!

Yes, I remeber you, Johnny Napalm. Don't think we had too much interaction back in the day. Glad to hear you're still kicking.

MJ! Man, you and me had some fun times, mostly with a GBA. (Everyone else: Don't ask. It will scar your mind.) Someday LIHC will pay you back for the potato chip cut incident. Salt and vinegar, you savage!

Greg, I will relay your sentiments to the missus. I'm sure shee will be happy to hear that. I know I was.

We may not have always seen eye to eye, SHOOT Project, but you've always felt like part of the family (Hell, sometimes because we don't see eye to eye). I hope you guys realize that.

J

• Supreme Commander
  • The Brass
    • View Profile
    • http://www.shootproject.com/
« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2012, 03:02:58 PM »
I can't remember now if I replied to your PM or not, so PM me again if I didn't.

Glad you're back stateside and will be seeing the family soon :)

CadreCross

• X-REGISTERED
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2012, 07:18:42 AM »
Boden-kun! Did you enjoy what little you saw of Perth?

And yes, I am mostly referring to the fine-ass Western Australian women. :D

It's nice to be wanted.