April 23, 2019, 12:17:10 PM

Author Topic: Ask someone who's letting the world get the best of him anything  (Read 433 times)

G

Things are starting to slip again. I hate this cycle. It's my fault, I missed two doses of my Bi-Polar meds. I hate doing this to myself.

J

• Supreme Commander
  • The Brass
    • View Profile
    • http://www.shootproject.com/
Re: Ask someone who's letting the world get the best of him anything
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2012, 03:13:04 PM »
You need to set alarms on your phone and label them.  I have an acquaintance who is bi-polar and this is how he remembers to take his shit.

G

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2012, 03:41:45 PM »
I remember to take them, it's being at a girlfriend's house, or out at a party and not remembering to have standby pills anywhere that sucks.

I just did day one of P90X, again, for the third time. I wish I could say this one is the one that I complete, but my track record sucks when it comes to completing anything.

J

• Supreme Commander
  • The Brass
    • View Profile
    • http://www.shootproject.com/

TheLegacy

• SHOOT Project Soldiers
    • View Profile
    • GuysNation
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2012, 03:46:21 PM »
I remember to take them, it's being at a girlfriend's house, or out at a party and not remembering to have standby pills anywhere that sucks.

I just did day one of P90X, again, for the third time. I wish I could say this one is the one that I complete, but my track record sucks when it comes to completing anything.

fanny pack.

meds stored there full time.

solved?

"Belote is now the new quote champion of the AJAX"
Post Whore Goal:
**Completed Goals**
2,222 before 1/1/2012
2,888 before 2/14/2012
4,500 before 12/25/2012
4554 before 1/1/2013
**New Goals**
4664 before 1/1/2013

G

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2012, 03:49:00 PM »
http://www.amazon.com/Waterproof-Airtight-Pill-Holder-Keychain/dp/B0012NL9BI

Added to wishlist.

http://amzn.com/w/30XMFY3UOA19S

fanny pack.

solved?

If they make fashionable fanny packs.

Missing two doses SEVERELY fucks with my system, I'm assuming it does everyone's as well. This blows.

DrezzyF2T

• SHOOT Project Soldiers
  • Life. Deal. Rock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2012, 04:49:03 PM »
Prescription meds are a bitch and a half.

When did you get diagnosed with bi-polar disorder? What prompted you to get checked?

*"Behind the Scenes" graphic by Sam Valentine
*Corey Lazarus banner by Ben Duke

Tanya Black

• X-REGISTERED
  • I Steal Happiness
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2012, 08:31:10 PM »
Do you want some ice cream?

B

• Bend the Knee
  • The Brass
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2012, 09:44:00 PM »

Added to wishlist.

fanny pack.

solved?

Missing two doses SEVERELY fucks with my system, I'm assuming it does everyone's as well. This blows.

Seeing as how we just had a come to Jesus style chat a few nights ago, I hope you're in the right frame of mind to read this right when I tell you I'll spend the 6 dollars or whatever to get that thing and have it shipped to you if you would use it and not get stupid silly gumby dumb like you are when you miss meds.

I'll be frank with you, and I'll do it publicly.  Take your medications.  Stop with the excuses.  Take your damn medications, it don't matter where you left it, take your happy ass back to where you left it and get them back and TAKE THEM.  Get an alarm, get this keychain, do whatever it takes to KEEP YOUR MEDS WITH YOU.  This sort of thing will get you in the mindset that can kill you either metaphorically or quite literally.

Dude, I love you, but we talked about this.  You have a son.  There's no excuses.  You keep your meds with you and you will stay okay.  You know you need them.  They need to be as important to you as breathing air.  No matter what it takes, they STAY WITH YOU.

Saint

• Root for the Bad Guy
  • X-REGISTERED
    • View Profile
    • eWScene
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2012, 09:48:32 PM »

Added to wishlist.

fanny pack.

solved?

Seeing as how we just had a come to Jesus style chat a few nights ago, I hope you're in the right frame of mind to read this right when I tell you I'll spend the 6 dollars or whatever to get that thing and have it shipped to you if you would use it and not get stupid silly gumby dumb like you are when you miss meds.

I'll be frank with you, and I'll do it publicly.  Take your medications.  Stop with the excuses.  Take your damn medications, it don't matter where you left it, take your happy ass back to where you left it and get them back and TAKE THEM.  Get an alarm, get this keychain, do whatever it takes to KEEP YOUR MEDS WITH YOU.  This sort of thing will get you in the mindset that can kill you either metaphorically or quite literally.

Dude, I love you, but we talked about this.  You have a son.  There's no excuses.  You keep your meds with you and you will stay okay.  You know you need them.  They need to be as important to you as breathing air.  No matter what it takes, they STAY WITH YOU.

I'm going to second B and also preach a bit.

As a person who takes Abilify and Lithiums due to my PTSD and manic depression, I'm lucky in my life to have a girlfriend that kicks my ass daily to get shit done and stop getting down.

You think B's harping on you to be an ass, but he's not.  No fucking excuses, Greg!  Do what you gotta do to get the meds in you.  You have a son and quite a lot to live for.  The job, fuck 'em.  Your son is number one, which means you and your problems get to be number two.  Medicate.  When you're supposed to.

And if you really don't take them and go suicidal, you better have a damn good reason why you want to.  And yes, we (that's all of us, even the mean ones) love you and don't want you going out on the crazy train.

So, don't forget the meds, man.  Keep your head up.  Keep your head straight.  The kid needs a dad, not a shell of one.  Capice?

G

« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2012, 09:55:09 PM »
I'm sorry for Being a strain on everyone. I'm sorry that I don't take advice. I'm sorry that I can seem to cope with anything. I'm sorry that I missed my doses. I'm sorry I have the mentality of a 12 year old and need people to do everything for me. I do not want this for me or my son. I'm too afraid to go back to the hospital. I'm too afraid to do anything. I'm tired of feeling like I am decent at a lot of things but never great at anything. I am a head case. I don't deserve happiness, or friends, or laughter.

I don't deserve you.

B

• Bend the Knee
  • The Brass
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2012, 10:02:02 PM »
Nobody's said word one about what you deserve.  Nobody's said...any of that stuff you said.  You need to realize that's all in your head and is bogus.

B

• Bend the Knee
  • The Brass
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2012, 10:02:42 PM »
And for God's sake, please don't make me call.  I'm a lot nicer on the internet.

G

« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2012, 02:16:00 PM »
Last few days have been a real struggle, so I'm trying to keep myself moving. School just started up, so hopefully that takes away some of the itch. Also, potential job with Volkswagen dealership, but they haven't called me about taking a drug test for a job that starts training on Monday. Kind of concerned as they told me to stop looking for other jobs.