September 25, 2017, 05:26:18 AM

Author Topic: Revolution 116 Feedback  (Read 587 times)

T

• SHOOT Project Soldiers
    • View Profile
Revolution 116 Feedback
« on: August 20, 2013, 03:12:22 AM »
SHOOT Project begins the road to the Primus with Revolution 116! It's a night of action as the tag titles are on the line when ANARCHY defends against Project: SCAR! Mr. Ocelot goes head to head with Thomas Manchester Black! The FIRST Primus Qualifier promises to be action packed as Lunatikk Crippler takes on Sammy Rochester! And, in the Main Event, the four men who are already guaranteed spots in the Primus collide in tag team action as Mason Pierce and Dan Stein take on Loco Martinez and Trey Willett. This... is REVOLUTION! And these Soldiers... NEVER SAY DIE!

See it all on

Leave it here folks. Let's get some love for the shows this week! Dominion is going up tonight (8/20/13 - EST). So I want to get some good feedback for both of these shows.

Former Sin City Champion (1x)
3/24/2013-9/2/2013

Jason

• X-REGISTERED
    • View Profile
Re: Revolution 116 Feedback
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2013, 09:22:15 AM »
Revolution 116 Feedback

Tag Team Championship Match

Nice opening match. Be interesting to find out what repercussions Kenji not tagging out and protecting Flay above trying to get the tag belts will have on Kenji and the rest of Project: SCAR.

Backstage Segment

So Entragian is gone from his hospital. And Real Deal is giving his thoughts on what Corazon had to do to get The Ivory Terror the hell out. Good segment, peaks interest for what might happen next.

Rule of Surrender Championship

Squash match for a title. Was what it was. Moving on.

Promotional Video.

No comment.

In Ring Segment

Tanya learned that you always have to keep your eye on your back when calling out a manager. They always tend to be a few steps ahead.

Backstage Segment

Seemed anticlimatic after the in ring segment just previously. Supposedly sets up that the attacker actually wasn't from Orion. We'll see.

Sammy Rochester vs. Lunatikk Crippler

Laura on commentary, showing the dominance of Rochester, making one wonder what happens to King tomorrow on Dominion… Good stuff. As a side note, still weird seeing Jester as the handler of brutes instead of one getting pummeled by them.

Backstage segment

TMB's thoughts were very well thought out and hard to argue with.

Main Event

Damn good match. Moved everybody's stories forward with Trey getting laid out and Loco taking the finish.

Overall

Decent Revolution for my first show back. Had good pushes forward as we head towards ELITE. Good job.

Personal Note: Feedback will get longer and better as I get back into the swing of things.

T

• SHOOT Project Soldiers
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2013, 07:25:42 AM »
Revolution 116 Feedback!

Opening Note: Since I wrote all the matches for this show, I obviously will not give feedback on them. But, I will give a little bit of insight on how I put them together, just for shiggles. But mostly, I'm leaving feedback for the people who did segments on the show.

ANARCHY(c) vs. Project: SCAR - World Tag Team Championship

The way this match went was all set up by Drew and Scotty went right along with it. I USED THEIR STRATS! :P I tried to convey the emotions of ANARCHY a little bit with them just wanting to finish the match after Kenji refused to make a tag to Flay. The whole idea of the match was to 1) Promote the storyline stuff Drew has going with Kenji wanting to protect Flay and the bond that is seemingly starting to grow between Kenji and Obsidian, 2) Piggy back off Master of the Mat and ANARCHY's feelings towards what went down during the Corazon/Isaac incident, and 3) Give the Tag Titles a nudge. Hope I accomplished that and people enjoyed the match.

Real Deal Backstage Segment

I like how Josh brought some continuity over from the RP on the boards Jer did with Isaac disappearing to who knows where. This helps to push the angle in whatever direction it's going with SCAR and also makes you wonder what repercussions Corazon is facing/going to face. For some reason, that "no comment" at the end made me uneasy in the sense that whatever Corazon is facing as "punishment" isn't going to be good.

Mr. Ocelot (c) vs. Thomas Manchester Black - Rule of Surrender Championship

This was what it was. Squash match with a title change. Not much to say about it.

Mysterious Promo Video

Interesting little promo video here. It was short and to the point. Not really much to say about it. It was good for what it sets up on Dominion.

Tanya Black and Orion

I'm going to lump the in-ring and backstage segs for this into one. I found out AFTER I had posted the show that these weren’t meant to be back to back and that the backstage seg should’ve happened later in the show. (In the future, please specify this in your emails). Now, because there were only 5 segments on the show, I had to think about the placement of everything and, for me, it seemed like these two segs could flow into each other.

With that said, the segments themselves weren’t bad. Though, I don’t really understand the POINT of a Tanya/Leona match. I get the interference bit and all and that TECHNICALLY, Leona could be listed as a wrestler. But, it seems more of a heel move for Tanya to “pick on” Leona, who, really, is a manager, when you’ve got Mason, Valentine, and Malice as active competitors within Orion. Feels too heelish, especially if Tanya is supposed to be seen as more of as face type character. BUT, with that said, I thought the execution of the segment was well written and well done. The attack from, who I assume is this Angel character we’ve been seeing promo videos from, was done well also. Headlock Driver FTW!

The backstage portion, I felt flowed from the in-ring seg because I figure when Tanya was attacked, Leona headed to the back and got into that conversation with her Orion brethren, giving Tanya time to get up and head to the back looking for her. Interesting encounter here and apparently “Angel” is not Orion. I’m interested to see how things pan out with this whole situation, even if I still think Tanya/Leona isn’t really necessary. But, I could be very well proven wrong on that front.

Sammy Rochester vs. Lunatikk Crippler – Primus Qualifier

I tried to follow the strats I was given as best as possible. Hope the match was enjoyable. I wanted to give it that David & Goliath feel. Thanks to Dube for providing the commentary lines for Seton in the booth.  I will say that I probably could’ve been more descriptive on the post-match happenings to help sell the beatings more, but I hope it came across well enough. #selfcriticism

TMB Backstage Segment

TMB makes a valid point and he’s essentially going to keep proving his point as he goes forward. Strong segment from the new RoS Champ. Looking forward to seeing what Dan does with the character going forward.

Dan Stein & Mason Pierce vs. Trey Willett – Main Event

For this match, I wanted to incorporate classic tag team match spots and give them a bit of a twist. Like when Mason points to Trey on the apron, I wanted to tease that “I want you” spot. Normally, the face gets tagged in and then the heel goes chicken shit and tags his partner to get the crowd hot. Instead, I had Mason use the spot as a way to get the advantage. Overall, this match was fun to write. I hope you guys enjoyed the spots and the way the match flowed. Stein and Mason pick up a big win and get some momentum as we go forward towards ELITE.

Overall

I thought all the segments were well done and hope you enjoyed the matches. As some self-criticism, I need to proofread a bit more. I caught some spelling errors and parts where I left a word out here and there. But I’m still pretty awesome. :P

Former Sin City Champion (1x)
3/24/2013-9/2/2013

G

• G Money Nicholson Jr.
  • SHOOT Project Soldiers
  • I don't hate Tim on Tuesdays or Thursdays
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2013, 10:01:30 AM »
Tim, you pulled this off superbly well. Pat yourself on the back, that was awesome.

Support SHOOT Project by visiting our eWtorch database posting here:

"Will your buddy let you fuck a midget in his bed? If the answer is yes, then you know that dude is solid."
"Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily."

Napoleon Bonaparte